MERGED ----> Bono live on stage in Germany in June!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Bono to Appear at German "Make Poverty History" Concert in June!

That's right, check out the info below:

Herbert Groenemeyer, Bono and further national and international artists appeal to the governments of the most powerful states of the world. On the occasion of the G8-Gipfels in holy dam a large cultural event under the slogan "Music & Messages" takes place on 7 June 2007 in Rostock. On the IGA area the action expects "your voice against poverty" zigtausende participants to a peaceful demonstration against poverty in the world and for a stronger commitment of development policy of the rich industrialized countries.

Here is the link to the Press release which says in German that Bono is scheduled to appear at the concert! :up:

http://www.deine-stimme-gegen-armut.de/docs/PM_DSGA_P8-Konzert_2007-04-27.pdf

I hope that some of our European friends will be able to attend this concert and report back to us on it!

Just wanted you to know. ~

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

This was posted a month ago in PLEBA:

From Christian Today:

Bono to Host 'Your Voice Against Poverty' Concert at G8 Summit
U2’s frontman Bono will be heading a group of renowned singers as they perform an alternative programme at the Group of Eight (G8) Summit, concert organisers have announced.
by Kevin Donovan

Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 8:28 (BST)

U2’s frontman Bono will be heading a group of renowned singers as they perform an alternative programme at the Group of Eight (G8) Summit, concert organisers have announced.

With the slogan ‘Your Voice against Poverty’, Bono and German singer-song writer Herbert Gronemeyer will hold the concert in Rostock, near Heiligendamm, on June 7.

Heads of State and government of Germany, France, Great Britain, Italy, US, Canada, Japan, and Russia will attend the summit to be held in Rostock city from June 6 to 8.

Bono was honoured earlier this month at the 38th NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People) Image Awards for his contribution to the fight against Aids and global poverty.

The NAACP and The ONE Campaign announced an unprecedented new alliance at the awards, joining together for the first time in a life-saving partnership in the fight against global Aids and extreme poverty in Africa and the world’s poorest countries.

Yes, biff, I know that. But then, it was a work in process and not confirmed.

If you look at the press release dated April 27, 2007 then you know that now we have THE REAL THING! :sexywink:

But I appreciate you're bringing the original thread to our attention. Thank you. :yes:

I am thinking about going although I am not so excited about the lineup (Groenemeyer and Bono asides). I would have hoped to see U2 perform. But it's for a good cause anyway and I hope they are able to mobilize a lot of people.
Tickets are only 2,50 euro, it's a "symbolic" fee.

I have a reminder set with eventim.de
I will go there, definitaly.
I'm just looking for a place to stay for the days.

Please do report back for us, Vincent Vega, from this event.

It is a very important event on the eve of the G8 meeting in Germany. :rockon:

I hope that you can make it too, last unicorn.

:bonodrum: :hi5:

Mirjam said:
Hey!
What a great new!
Im going for sure!
Do you know, guys, where and when can I buy the ticket...?

Mirjam, what GREAT NEWS for you!!! I only wish that I could be there too.

For tickets (prices, where to purchase, when available, etc.) please click on the Press Release that is in my first post and all the info is right there at the bottom of the Press Release.

Keep us updated, Mirjam and Vincent Vega. :rockon:

I have just ordered myself a ticket, so excited!!!
Now I just have to check how to get there. I might be flying via Hamburg, I have relatives there, and then go to Rostock by train.
I hope everything will work out.
The event starts at 12!

Mirjam, where are you coming from and how are you going?

I've got four tickets. One for myself, one for a fellow U2 fan, and the other two for people I'll get to join. :)

That's great, VV! :up:
Let's just hope Bono will indeed sing something and not "only" talk.
Maybe he's bringing Edge for support?!

last unicorn said:
That's great, VV! :up:
Let's just hope Bono will indeed sing something and not "only" talk.
Maybe he's bringing Edge for support?!

I'm sure that Bono will sing at this concert, last unicorn.

But I'm sure that he would also want us to focus more on the reasons WHY he is appearing at this concert in the first place.

I'm just glad for the opportunity to see him doing something that he feels he must do.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I have a slight suspicion about the song we are likely to hear. ;) :shifty:

And I'll love it. :drool:

Of course he will say that his appearance is only to make me happy. :wink:

Vincent Vega said:
I've got four tickets. One for myself, one for a fellow U2 fan, and the other two for people I'll get to join. :)

I like your attitude, V V (the other two for people I'll get to join). :wink:

I wish everybody had your enthusiasm and your dedication to this movement to make extreme poverty history.

I heard that all the tickets (65,000) sold out in the first two hours!!!!

Good job, everyONE, on getting yours. :dancing:

Bono live on stage in Germany in June!

Hi, y'all,

now something out of the news: Bono will perform at a music festival at IGA Park in Rostock (Germany). The gig will happen on 7th June 2007 and is called: "Deine Stimme Gegen Armut" - the German part of "Make Poverty History".
The show coincides with the G8 summit, to be hosted in the town of Heiligendamm (June 6 – 8), not far from Rostock.

The tickets have been sold for the lastdays in a local pre-sale and via www.eventim.de. Now it seems that the tix (2,50 Euro) are sold out already.

With Bono being part of the programme of "music and messages", it is not known, what Bono will actually perform/talk - and if he might bring some friends with him to play a mini-set (*smile*). Could be great: "Is it getting better or do you feel the same..." or is there even hope for surprises (cover song(s), Window In The Skies or even Crumbs From Your Table). One might dream ....

:yes: I was able to get a ticket, I think they are already sold out (however, some morons are already making money on ebay - it's a charity gig, damnit!).
Booked a flight, it will be such a spectacle, going on for almost a whole day. I HOPE Bono will also sing, maybe a new song written for this event (like "American Prayer"). But talking will certainly be part of it, it's Bono after all.
It's important that a lot of people turn up and take part in the event, and that everything remains peaceful.

Yes, it's sold out!
I booked my flight, I am so excited about it all. It will be such a spectacle.
It's important that a lot of people turn up for this event and that everything will be peaceful.
I am also excited to meet other fans, and people in general who are there for the spirit and because they want to help making the world a fairer place!

Oh yes, he will spend ages in Germany, like he always does, for the unimportant G8 summit. :rolleyes:

Oh yea, thanks for welcoming this thread to a new forum.:wink:

The mods merged these threads. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom