MERGED-->BONO in DC talk + Brilliant Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoz

War Child
BONO in DC talk

Hello guys,

I realized that bono is doing some talk in DC tomorrow, and was wondering if anyone had any tickets they were selling or if they couldn't find someone to go with to the talk tomorrow, I'd love to go.

Please let me know if you have an extra ticket or you are selling one. Please.

ha ha ha!

I thought this thread was about the band DC Talk! Now that would be news. Terrible, terrible news.

Hoodlem said:
ha ha ha!

I thought this thread was about the band DC Talk! Now that would be news. Terrible, terrible news.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the thread title.

The only worse thing would be if Bono sung on stage with Brandon Flow- ... Mary J. Bli- ... Kanye Wes- oh hell. At this rate, the Apocalypse is starting and Bono WILL be singing with DC Talk soon. :| :wink:

Haha, DC Talk, what a group. I'm know they did a cover of 40. Lots of Christian bands have actually. In fact, the College I went to had chapels, and their group sang 40 too. But as Livluvandbootlegmusic says, they never get the chord progressions right. :wink:

Down with the DC talk was a line from a song. They also had a song called Nu Thang. I must admit though, back in the day, I did like them. :) Off topic. Bono's in DC eh?

Hope this helps....got something in the mail about this a few months back.

Don't know if it's the same event. But if it is...the tickets were really expensive so I passed on them. But I heard you have to have a membership or something at that place to even get tickets, and that costs a lot of money.

Me thinks the president was at a loss for words. He sounded like he was stumbling over his words. And he is telling Bono that Americans have generosity and kindness. That is not going to feed people and give the medical supplie. Bono looked smarter, more refined and more educated. Bono you:rockon:

One of my coworkers caught it on C-SPAN yesterday and today told me, "I had no idea he was so SMART!"

He is truly amazing. I am not a religious person at all, but I have nothing but respect in the way he uses his personal faith and his fame.

He's a riveting speaker.

Proud fan indeed. :love:

"Let us begin by praying that I don't say anything we'll all regret later."
Tooo Late! :lmao:

Miroslava said:
He is truly amazing. I am not a religious person at all, but I have nothing but respect in the way he uses his personal faith and his fame.

He's a riveting speaker.

Proud fan indeed. :love:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

FANTASTIC SPEECH! I could listen to him for hours. Right when I think I've seen it all, he goes and does something new to impress the hell out of me! :applaud:

Hey U2Man,

No worries, mate, we here in the 21st Century world got your back.

In fact, there is a Scandinavian import store in our area, owned and run by Danes, that is doing blockbuster business now, as a result of a counter-boycott being waged by people who believe in freedom of speech.

http://www.nordichouse.com/

God Bless Denmark

corianderstem said:
One of my coworkers caught it on C-SPAN yesterday and today told me, "I had no idea he was so SMART!"

that always cracks me up. like people just suddenly discover bono is not a numskull.
better late than never :)

Originally posted by 4U2Play

Hey U2Man,

No worries, mate, we here in the 21st Century world got your back.

In fact, there is a Scandinavian import store in our area, owned and run by Danes, that is doing blockbuster business now, as a result of a counter-boycott being waged by people who believe in freedom of speech.

http://www.nordichouse.com/

God Bless Denmark

That's nice.

I do hope that minds would calm down soon, though. These silly cartoons have already caused way too much outrage.

Btw. I see they sell these at Nordic House. Best candy ever! :drool:

FazerSkol.jpg

A bit expensive, though. 3.85$. I think they can be bought here for around 1.5$.

Just saw the speech on CSPAN this morning. Took me right out of my hangover. Very, very nicely done, Bono. From somone who is not so religious, you made me proud to be a human being, and one of your fans. Keep up the good work and we're with you. :)
Brian

ericnurgles said:
Just saw the speech on CSPAN this morning. Took me right out of my hangover. Very, very nicely done, Bono. From somone who is not so religious, you made me proud to be a human being, and one of your fans. Keep up the good work and we're with you. :)
Brian

Nicely said. Same here :)

Back
Top Bottom