MERGED---->Bono....go home dammit!!! + Bono's wanderlust - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:06 AM
Normal Bono....go home dammit!!!

First let me say that I greatly respect all of the causes that Bono supports and spends time on. I think that the work he does affects many people and things like the Heartland Tour get the word out to many folks that wouldnt normally hear about the issues.
But come on man, Bono, you have a family at home! You have a beautiful wife and children ! Your kids are growing up and those times you can never get back!
So after touring for a year plus, Bono decides to tour other places for other causes. Oprah, Larry King, Heartland.....hell last night he was playing at a movie opening. Once again this is great for us fans, and for the causes, but does his family come in 2nd, or 3rd place??

I may be wrong here, Im sure Ali and the kids are very understanding and he sees them occasionally even on the road, but come on man......think about it!
Anyone agree??

Old 12-11-2002, 05:42 PM   #2
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Normal

I agree, I think he's definitely overdue for a break. But he does have a place in New York, since Ali was with him at the premeire I'm guessing maybe the family is in the States right now.

Old 12-11-2002, 06:04 PM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Part of the reason Bono is doing this is for his children. He has mentioned that he wants the world to be better for them...and that we shouldn't pass our problems down to our children.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be away from your home and your family so much. I suppose he and his family is used to it...but it must be so hard sometimes.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 12-11-2002, 06:26 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:06 AM
yes, he should go home.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:16 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Sometimes I think he should stay home, sometimes I think "well, there could be much worse situations....." which I know is probably not the best way of looking at it but it's true. I think when he does do home, he tries to spend time with his family.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I hardly ever saw any of my parents and they both work only minutes from my house.....
Old 12-11-2002, 07:43 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Bono is a special and gifted individual with many higher purposes. Obviously he would never do anything to jeopardize his family and his time with his family.

I know some people who, due to the way their job is, are only home Thursday night through Sunday morning. That's it, that's all. People make it work, and so do the Hewsons.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:46 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:06 PM
Bono probably see's his kids more than most Americans see their kids.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #8
Refugee

off topic a bit....but what are the rest of the guys doing while bono is out saving the world?

hopefully spending lots of time with their families and working on the new album....wishful thinking on the second one i think.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:38 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:06 AM
yeah, bono should spend time with his family. i can wait on the upcoming tours. i'd rather see bono spend more time with his family than tour so much that it strains his family. i'll wait
Old 12-11-2002, 08:53 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
People make it work, and so do the Hewsons.
Exactly. And who are we to criticize anyone? We have no idea how Bono spends his time most days, or who spends those days with him. His family may be with him most of the time for all any of us know. It's not our business.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:04 PM   #11
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
Bono is a special and gifted individual with many higher purposes. Obviously he would never do anything to jeopardize his family and his time with his family.

I know some people who, due to the way their job is, are only home Thursday night through Sunday morning. That's it, that's all. People make it work, and so do the Hewsons.
I agree 100%!!
Old 12-11-2002, 09:45 PM   #12
Refugee

Bono can do whatever he wants.

I am no judge of anyone.

He believes he is doing the right thing and I think Ali and the children feel the same way!

He'll take a break soon!
Old 12-11-2002, 11:40 PM   #13
The Fly

Don't forget that Bono no doubt has a chartered biz jet that he can hop into and be home in several hours. Remember when his father was dying he would fly to Dublin after every show, then back to the next city the following day.

Being a rock star does have its little perks....
Old 12-12-2002, 09:18 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Exactly. And who are we to criticize anyone? We have no idea how Bono spends his time most days, or who spends those days with him. His family may be with him most of the time for all any of us know. It's not our business.
Martha, this is true and I wanted to emphasize in the original post that I dont know the situation fully. But from our perspective I think he must be neglecting some fatherly duties. I am sure they "make it work" as some hae said. But it seems just making it work is not what it could be. Once again, its not my buisness, not trying to make it so, just wanted some opinions on the subject....thanks for the responses....
Old 12-12-2002, 09:24 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!

Would u all say the same thing, if he wasnt a famous person but workin his ass off to encourage the public to keep at the Causes hes dealin with?

With a family who understand and who DO most likely see him in between?

I would be applauding a person like that,.even though Elvis said made that point.......................

there a lots of pple out there like Bono, we just dont see them.................but they're out there.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:30 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

I'm pretty sure a lot of us grew up with parents who worked crazy hours, and whom we didn't see as much as we wanted to. It's the reality of today's existence. Personally, if I were his kid, I'd prefer to not be travelling all over so much, it gets tiresome after a while. But those kids have got 2 (IMO) great parents, and I'm sure they're doing what they deem to be the best for them. It's not really for us to say.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:43 AM   #17
War Child

I have a question about this whole crusade of his:

Why do you think Bono does it? What is the fuel or motivation that "really" makes him do this? Is he just one of those born natural leaders/matyrs? Is it his Catholic background??

Or does he really want to be JOhn Lennon? Is Lennon that much of an influence on him? You know, how sometimes we want to be Bono, imitate him, study and follow his values because we respect him. Well, is Bono doing the same as us with Mr. Lennon?

I'm not sure if any of these are correct, I'm just super curious.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:12 AM   #18
you are what you is

Local Time: 02:06 PM
if he wanted to be like John Lennon then wouldn't he have married an insane witch instead of Ali?
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 12-12-2002, 11:22 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 AM
Bono's approach is completely different than John Lennon's. Lennon was more about gimme some peace. Bono is about action.

edit: While Lennon was probably the most politically active rock star of his generation, most of it was in the music and in mouthing off to the media. He & Yoko participated in demonstrations and stuff, and ran protest ads in the paper, but what Bono has accomplished has far exceeded what Lennon did. While Lennon may have been inspiration for Bono early on, I doubt he gives it much thought today.

His relationship with his family is their business. HelloAngel and martha

Old 12-12-2002, 11:42 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by tackleberry
Is it his Catholic background??
Sorry, I just find that insanely hilarious