MERGED--> Bono and Edge at Clinton Library Event Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only got a chance to hear THTBA. Bono's voice was in outstanding shape! Haven't warmed up to this song but this version may do the job! Is this the best performance of it recorded (3 versions) or live (2 previous versions)?!

Unbelievable. God bless the internet! Thank you very much for getting this online so quickly!

Well, I'm at work right now, and personally I don't think I can wait until this weekend to see the rebroadcast. So I just called CSpan to ask if they'll be rebroadcasting this later on today.

The woman didn't know yet, but said it was possible. I think she thought I was nuts.:huh:

The worst part of not seeing this was getting a call from my mother in Miami to tell me; guess who I just saw on TV. Bono, and The Edge was with him. (My mother is 70).

Last edited:
And Edge is just so :cool:. Huge amounts of water pouring down on his hands on the keyboard. How brilliant is he at not missing a beat. Or if he did, I didn't notice.. and he looked just :drool:
I know, I know this isn't Pleba. Just can't help myself.. It was so great to see them on tv for a change. :wink:
They really did Clinton proud, I'm sure... stellar performance.:up:

A thought about the Clinton Center

Was it me or did it seem very rude of many of the people at the opening?

It just appeared tasteless how many (especially dubya) did not even pay attention at all when Bono and Edge performed.

Clinton clapped at the end yet no one else in his circle at the moment including dubya did.

It reeked of superiority to me - here is our entertainment - it costs/means little to us so we will talk throughout and pay attention if we so choose.

At least Clinton's daughter seemed a little starstruck and Hillary was paying attention. Clinton seemed moved a couple of times although he did talk during it a lot...

None of the other bigwigs seemed to give a shit.

Also thought it was comical to see George Sr there in lieu of the ZOO TV calls.

Last edited:
only have a sec to post (at work)...
will the stream still be up later or would someone maybe want to send me a copy (my screen name at yahoo...)?
I'll love you forever and ever...:heart: :heart: :heart:

Right when they started...Chelsea was standing right next to Bill and they were both under umbrellas and you could read her lips...she said "Dad, I downloaded their new album and it is fuckin' awesome" and Bill said "I know...It kicks total ass! I love these guys." :wink:

Paul Vox said:
Right when they started...Chelsea was standing right next to Bill and they were both under umbrellas and you could read her lips...she said "Dad, I downloaded their new album and it is fuckin' awesome" and Bill said "I know...It kicks total ass! I love these guys." :wink:

Funny, I thought Bill said:, "Did it have Fast Cars?"

at one point i read George W's mouth and he said "you can run, but you can't hide", once again not knowing why he's saying it, but thinking it will sound cool.

I'm a lip reader. At one point during the performance, Bush #1 and Bush #2 were huddled together. This is what they said to each other:

Bush #1: Are these the cock-bags that bothered me back in '92?

Bush #2: Yep. Major league assholes.

medmo said:
I'm a lip reader. At one point during the performance, Bush #1 and Bush #2 were huddled together. This is what they said to each other:

Bush #1: Are these the cock-bags that bothered me back in '92?

Bush #2: Yep. Major league assholes.

hmm.....maybe that's when he said "you can run, but you can't hide." though it could have been at any point of the ceremony.

madonna's child said:
They sounded great! Especially Bono! That voice is a nice preview to what we'll be hearing on Saturday night! Oh, and it's so cute how Bono can't deal with the umbrella once he gets really in to a song.

p.s. How can Chelsea Clinton's hair look so good in the rain!?

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Are any of you guys disappointed it was only Bono and Edge and a box guitar instead of whole band electric? But then again, in the rain...:crazy:

FYI, its on cspan right now...jimmy carter is talking, so i don't know if they've played yet...

i haven't seen/heard it yet, but RAIN!! YES! I LOVE THAT SONG!

Solid performance by the boys. Funniest bit was Edge tipping all the rain off the top of the piano seat before he sat down. The whole thing had such a disorganized, carefree, improptu flavor to it, which was a bit odd, given that 4 presidents were there. Just goes to show how political events ain't got nothing on rock n' roll shows :)

Back
Top Bottom