MERGED---> Best of 90-00 Sleeve! + best of cover art a lot of bull + BO Cover Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizer

War Child
Alleged cover art for 'Best of'..

Best_Of_2_big.jpg

initially we thought it would start at 1991

I like my design better.

3354383923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232393%3B38%3B86nu0mrj

Best of 1990-2000 Official Sleeve!!!

on U2log.com , can somebody post it here , Thank You .

Very Good work , two buffalo Bulls from One on white color .

Yep, just saw it right now too!...I like, the font is the same as the Best of 80-90, but I like the pic and design anyways...:up:

Let's see if this works...

Best_Of_2_big

Interesting how for both best of compilations U2 chose images from early in the era covered by the album -- the boy (1980's "Boy" and 1983's "War") and the buffalo (1991/2's "One").

Damn you dsmith2904 for beating me to it. :angry:
I demand you take it down at once and give me all the credit.

Thank you

H
O
O

H
A
H

:wink:

DrTeeth said:
Damn you dsmith2904 for beating me to it. :angry:
I demand you take it down at once and give me all the credit.

Thank you

H
O
O

H
A
H

:wink:

Ah, but Spanisheyes beat us both!! I'm pretty impressed with myself for figuring out the whole click-on-Properties-to-get-the-link-thing so I don't care that there are now three very large scans of the dueling buffalos up.

dsmith2904 said:
Interesting how for both best of compilations U2 chose images from early in the era covered by the album -- the boy (1980's "Boy" and 1983's "War") and the buffalo (1991/2's "One").

Are you sure those two buffaloes aren't two individuals from Interference fighting over how good or how bad a U2 album is, or fighting over which song, or which song should not be on the 'Best of' album?:tongue:

Chris

spanisheyes said:

Are you sure those two buffaloes aren't two individuals from Interference fighting over how good or how bad a U2 album is, or fighting over which song, or which song should not be on the 'Best of' album?:tongue:

Chris
Very good point Chris. There is definitely way to much "butting of heads" going on in some of these threads.

spanisheyes said:

Chris

I think I can hear the dialog between the two buffalos right now...
"All That You Can't Leave Behind should be included in the Best of!"
"No it shouldn't."
"Yes it should."
"No it shouldn't."

And I just remember that in an earlier poll I said that "One" sums up U2 during the 1990-2000 era. Guess the guys felt the same way :dance:

Too...much...symbolism!

Between the obvious reference to the song "One," the fact that the buffaloes are dueling or butting heads, and the black and white (when the 90s were quite colorful for U2), there's a lot to think about with this cover.

I'm not sure if I like it. Certainly I will get used to it, but right now I don't like it.

I want another album with Guggi's brother on the cover! :scream:

???

Sorry to add more fuel to the fire, good people. But here's another one that's been making the rounds. I believe the first one (the two bison head-to-head) was one of the early conceptual mock-ups from a few weeks ago. This is another.

So it looks like nothing is "final" just yet. Makes it seem like everything you know is wrong, doesn't it?

pubimage.asp

Last edited:
Hmm...somehow I envisioned something perhaps navy blue-ish...sorta tying in with the theme of Electrical Storm.

Anyways, I really don't know what to think about this...props to giving props to One, but I don't really enjoy the whole black and white thing. Quite frankly I think people will bypass it in stores because there's nothing to catch the eye of anyone, really...I hope it's not final. I'd like to see one with a bit more color, perhaps this (excuse my mad Photoshop skillz :help: ):

Attachments

• best_of_2_big copy.jpg
    best_of_2_big copy.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 99
Re: ???

eevad said:
Sorry to add more fuel to the fire, good people. But here's another one that's been making the rounds. I believe the first one (the two bison head-to-head) was one of the early conceptual mock-ups from a few weeks ago. This is another.

So it looks like nothing is "final" just yet. Makes it seem like everything you know is wrong, doesn't it?

pubimage.asp

I wouldn't be suprised if they released Best of CDs with diferent covers.

Could it be that maybe there's one cover for The Best of - Limited and another for The Best of - Regular?

If so I'd rather the first one be for the Limited Edition...that's the one I'm buying, and I prefer the butting heads one :D

Download

Looks like that link to the alternate cover went down, so here it is for downloading:

Attachments

• best_of_2_big2.jpg
    best_of_2_big2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 70
I dont know if I like buffalos on the cover.

But I'm not complaining.

The butting heads one may be a joke, but it's also very convincing. The symolism is incredible on many accounts. It's so true that a picture holds a thousand words.

I don't like the buffalos either, but the first one is better than the second one because it means so much more. It's just like U2 to come up with something clever like two head butting buffalos!!

Back
Top Bottom