MERGED --> Atomic Bomb Tracklisting + The other HTDAAB Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL

War Child
Atomic Bomb Tracklisting

I remember seeing a link to a story where Bono and Edge were both presenting their tracklisting for the album to the writer. I can't seem to find it now. Anyone know what the 2 tracklistings were, and who won out? I'd be nice to see what the alternative was.

The other HTDAAB tracklist

I know that Bono and Edge each had their own tracklist order and I'm not sure which one ended up in the album, but Blender magazine included the other tracklist in their album review. Has anyone tried listening to the album in this order and if so does it make any difrerence? :wink:

Vertigo
Crumbs From Your Table
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Love And Peace Or Else
A Man And A Woman
Miracle Drug
One Step Closer
Original Of The Species
Yahweh

i haven't tried it so i really can't judge, but Miracle Drug and Crumbs switching places just seems ackward.

Yeah, it does make a bit of difference...but it doesn't make or break the album or anything like that.

"Miracle Drug" is just a decent song, for me; I didn't think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread or anything, as so many others did. It's a good song, but I don't think that it fits in very well as the second song on the album. I do think that "Crumbs" probably would've been more at home on the front end than "Miracle Drug" currently is.

But...

I also think that "Crumbs" is needed towards the end of the album to help carry the momentum from the front half of the proceedings over into the second half and to keep the average audience engaged. I think that "Miracle Drug" wouldn't work so well coming right after "A Man and a Woman" and right before "One Step Closer." So, yeah...I don't know where I'd like to put "Miracle Drug." It's a good enough song, I guess, but I think it feels a LITTLE awkward on the album regardless of where you put it. Again--it doesn't make or break the album for me, anyway, so it's not too big a deal; I do think, though, that "Crumbs" could easily be shifted around without losing anything.

although COBL would have sounded good for a 4th track. I think some people think LAPOE sticks out where it is right now. Maybe it would have fit better as the sixth track.

Crumbs is not a good second song....too subtle. Miracle Drug is very direct and establishes contact w/ the listener instantaneously. Hopefully this tracklisting is an error.

Bono said it was weird to have a slow song (Miracle Drug) as the second song, he really wanted it to be later in the album

I wanted to start a thread on that topic! I remember reading somewhere (it might have been in Q) that each band member had a different tracklisting for the album!

Yes, I am very curious to see what the different tracklisting are ...

Crumbs is so much better than MD. It's so simple, and yet it just has such a flow and such groove that it has become without a doubt my favorite on the album. I think it would be great as a second song, but it would be a bit overshadowed by Vertigo. It stands out between A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer, because they are slow, and if you put MD there, I would fall asleep. Not because those three are bad, but because they are just too relaxed...

Last edited:
I read somewhere on "Where the Album Has a Name" that Bono's tracklisting was the following:

Vertigo
Crumbs from Your Table
Sometimes
City of Blinding Light
All Because of You
Love and Peace or Else
A Man and A Woman
Miracle Drug
One Step Closer
Original of the Species
Yahweh

It sounds pretty good, but I think I like the final one better.

Any idea on what the Edge, Larry or Adam tracklisting were? I am curious to see if they had a different opening song ...

Cheers,
-Cyril

Back
Top Bottom