MERGED --> Anyone else think U2 fans are... + Deal with it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camiloj

War Child
Anyone else think U2 fans are...

whiny demanding brats?? I do.

Any fool could have seen this debacle coming from 1000 miles away. U2.com has a history of being crap.

I however am not too disturbed. And I got screwed out of the pre-sale by it all happening at a bad time. No cash for the presale due to some other bad financial stuff.

Do I blame U2 for what has happend? Of course not. U2 does things to accomodate their fans that alot of bands do not. Being able to in some situations guarantee good tickets to their fans is a hard thing to do. U2 has a management team, they have people who handle all of this and these things cost money. Who pays the staff's salaries? I don't think U2 is charging this to make extra money but to cover expenses and yes, make sure it doesn't cut into the profit line.

Big deal. You didn't HAVE to buy the Premium membership for $40. You can attempt to buy tickets like the rest of the world when the General Sale occurs. That REALLY is the only supposed benefit of the U2.com Premium mebership. And common sense should have told you there are no guarantees. Anyone that has tried to buy tickets online for a presale should know this.

If you don't like it, you don't have to partake in it. U2 is still keeping ticket prices reasonable for a band of their caliber. $50 for the best seats (GA) is a great price for a band like U2.

The ending of Propaganda was the end of an era and it should be mourned. Most of us knew in our hearts that it would not be anywhere as cool and guaranteed as Propaganda.

Shit happens. Things change. This is life. Seeing a U2 show is not a God given right. It has now become IMPOSSIBLE for U2 to guarantee every fan has a chance to see them. Scalpers obviously subscribed to U2.com. Did U2 have the ability to stop that?

Stop bitching about things you have no control over. This is not your fault, it is not U2's fault. It is just life in a world where U2 is the most popular band with a huge fan base that insists on playing tiny arenas.

I think it is LAME and so FAIR-WEATHERED fan to blame U2 for this. They didnt MAKE you buy the U2.com membership.

I for one am sick of the U2 backlash and wanted to say something about it.

And no, I don't have tickets and don't expect to end up with any unless a fan ends up with an extra one and sells me one at face value.

Oh well. I am an adult. I will deal with it. This is a reality of U2 fanhood in the new millenium. We can't ALL see them when they choose to play arenas.

Deal with it.

The ones who complain about ticket prices and buy tickets are part of the problem.

The ones who wanted GA, but bought $165 nosebleeds are another part of the problem.

The ones who got no tickets, and still haven't requested a refund from U2.com are another.

99.99% talk here. 00.01% have actually taken action.

Nobody made me do anything, but...

1) I was guaranteed 4 issues of Propaganda and only got 2.

2) I was promised the opportunity to buy tickets before anyone else if I paid ANOTHER 20 bucks and that promise was not fulfilled.

3) The best tickets are the cheapest, but now it is impossible for me to get those seats.

So...I am shit out of luck.

I do

I knew that this would happen. A similar situation happened on Bowienet for some shows. This is why I didn't buy membership 'cause I learnt my lesson the first time. I feel sorry for those who did pay for their membership and had to go through this BS. I could not afford $40 at the moment for a password but I will be honest in saying that I'm glad that they didn't release all the GA floors to the members 'cause now I have an equal fair chance with the rest of the public. I may not be an exclusive member to U2.com who can afford or happen to have a spare $40 but I'm still a bug U2 fan non the less and so will be the people who are purchasing tickets. What I'm really upset about is that GA's are already on e-bay from un-honest fans, this I knew was going to happen.

Deal with it!!!

I'm sick and tired of people getting so damn angry at U2 and "rethinking their love". there is so much we DO have, so much we take for granted.

1. the band acts with dignity: at least they're not acting like Paris Hilton!
2.they write their own music: they're not stupid pop stars that dont think for themselves,
3.they have some heart!: the band does loads for charity, they try to give back
3.the best concert seats are the cheapest! (yes, thats what I said)
4.they cant have COMPLETE control!!!: there is only so much the band can actually do. lets see the list of people who can interfere. u2.com, PM, tour promoters, people in charge at venues, ticket master. there are so many people that can get in the way!!! the stuff the band wants cant be done to the letter. if it could, people wouldnt be breaking laws!

just, before you "rethink you love" for U2, look at what you do have! sometimes what you want isnt handed to you on a silver platter, life is hard and mean. and we have to deal with it.

I agree with your post. It really sucks the way this whole ticket thing was handled, and hopefully the U2 people will be better prepared in the future (third leg), but I am not at all angry at the band. I know that they have and always will put on the best show possible. And the only way to avoid ticket scalpers and brokers getting their grubby hands on great seats is the old mail order propaganda way. We know that is now defunct, so what is there to say? This band of four and their music will always speak to me. The business side is seperate for me and I will always know this.

whine all you want, it might, might not change. . . life is full of cheaters and people that are in music solely for the money. yeah, I'm sure U2 enjoy their life, but it doesnt mean that they're obsessed with their money! be happy with what you do have!

Re: Anyone else think U2 fans are...

as adult as you mate, but your words seem to be so childish, I mean, do you really think U2 are innocent angels ? :angel: They calculate EVERY LITTLE THING, I mean, it´s www.U2.com, non www.u2team.com or whatever. They´re almost 45 years old, and you´re treating them as fragile children. Don´t you realise U2 are treating us as credit cards, cash, etc ?:shocked:

how can you accept that my friend ?. U2 can easily close their crappy site, put out their crappy marketing and media team, and make things far better :up: by opening a whole new and fair site for everyone ( www.travisonline.com is an example of a good official site, they show all their videos, news, clips, previews, photos, etc FOR FREE ), by treating fans as FANS, not as potential cash, etc :yes: but they don´t even care about that. Album sales still go pretty well, they have a "smart" commercial treat with Apple, and they´ll have another Tour to make even more money, so they´re happy for that, while all us are pissed off in different ways:( You´re sick of the blaming, I´m sick of the selling out, some fans are sick of Bono´s lies, other ones are sick of this mainstream era, other ones are sick of other fans, etc, etc, etc ALL WE¨RE SICK, do you know what I mean ?

and what are they doing meanwhile ?... JUST NOTHING :censored:

if U2 wanted, they could change all things, I really believe in that.

"You may say I´m a dreamer, but I´m not the only one. I hope someday you´ll join us, and the world will live as one"

John Lennon :heart: :wave:

OMG, someone seriously has to merge all these similar threads into one big mammoth superthread, then close it because it's like 700 posts long! Ack!

sorry.:|

I also think that given U2.com's history, this should have been seen coming a mile off. Owed issues or not, did anyone really think that suddenly U2.com and Ticketbastard were going work perfectly, much less at all?

And, also, if I don't get to see them this time around, and I may not due to a variety of reasons, I will live.

You know what? Even it all this IS somehow U2's fault, we have to rememebr that people make mistakes. This was a fairly big one, but not catastrophic. Let's give them a chance to make it up before we start damning them to an eternity of fire and brimstone.

I agree with martha, no one's gonna die. and how, just how can four (4!) guys have COMPLETE control of everything in their company/enterprise?? its impossible.

some people just dont have the maturity to realize that you cant get EVERYTHING you want.

I don't think the band are to blame completely, but too many people, including yourself, are hiding behind the ignorant opinion that U2 have nothing to do with any of the problems that occur. They have alot more involvement with it that we know - Sebastian Clayton said himself that Edge and Larry are quite involved with website. They know whats going on. If they choose to turn a blind eye to it, then they deserve the backlash that's coming to them.

Last edited:
Re: Anyone else think U2 fans are...

U2LA said:
whiny demanding brats?? I do.

Any fool could have seen this debacle coming from 1000 miles away. U2.com has a history of being crap.

I however am not too disturbed. And I got screwed out of the pre-sale by it all happening at a bad time. No cash for the presale due to some other bad financial stuff.

Do I blame U2 for what has happend? Of course not. U2 does things to accomodate their fans that alot of bands do not. Being able to in some situations guarantee good tickets to their fans is a hard thing to do. U2 has a management team, they have people who handle all of this and these things cost money. Who pays the staff's salaries? I don't think U2 is charging this to make extra money but to cover expenses and yes, make sure it doesn't cut into the profit line.

Big deal. You didn't HAVE to buy the Premium membership for $40. You can attempt to buy tickets like the rest of the world when the General Sale occurs. That REALLY is the only supposed benefit of the U2.com Premium mebership. And common sense should have told you there are no guarantees. Anyone that has tried to buy tickets online for a presale should know this.

If you don't like it, you don't have to partake in it. U2 is still keeping ticket prices reasonable for a band of their caliber. $50 for the best seats (GA) is a great price for a band like U2.

The ending of Propaganda was the end of an era and it should be mourned. Most of us knew in our hearts that it would not be anywhere as cool and guaranteed as Propaganda.

Shit happens. Things change. This is life. Seeing a U2 show is not a God given right. It has now become IMPOSSIBLE for U2 to guarantee every fan has a chance to see them. Scalpers obviously subscribed to U2.com. Did U2 have the ability to stop that?

Stop bitching about things you have no control over. This is not your fault, it is not U2's fault. It is just life in a world where U2 is the most popular band with a huge fan base that insists on playing tiny arenas.

I think it is LAME and so FAIR-WEATHERED fan to blame U2 for this. They didnt MAKE you buy the U2.com membership.

I for one am sick of the U2 backlash and wanted to say something about it.

And no, I don't have tickets and don't expect to end up with any unless a fan ends up with an extra one and sells me one at face value.

Oh well. I am an adult. I will deal with it. This is a reality of U2 fanhood in the new millenium. We can't ALL see them when they choose to play arenas.

Deal with it.

Fair enough. Incidentally, you're not the only adult around here (as I hope you will be pleased to discover).

I am not upset because "waah, U2 don't love me, they're not saving a special golden ticket and a red rose for me", etc - and you're right in that sometimes we do see posts of that calibre.

I am bloody angry because I was given a presale code that is "invalid" and has been "invalid" since 10am - it's now 1am where I am. I don't think it's too much to ask to have a code that may actually lead you to getting tickets!

I love the band's music and have a great deal of respect and admiration for them - however, i think the way U2.com is run, particularly in relation to this issue, leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. U2.com has been inefficient from day 1 as far as I recall. Of course I fdon't blame the band - but, the fact is, that U2.com is their official website. It therefore represents them and their image... and at the moment, I wouldn't think they'd be too proud of that.

Lancemc said:
OMG, someone seriously has to merge all these similar threads into one big mammoth superthread, then close it because it's like 700 posts long! Ack!

sorry.:|

You don't have to read them, sometimes people like to vent.

Re: Re: Anyone else think U2 fans are...

ponkine said:
They calculate EVERY LITTLE THING, I mean, it´s www.U2.com, non www.u2team.com or whatever. They´re almost 45 years old, and you´re treating them as fragile children. :

Hey inkypinkyponky :wink:

your post reminds me of that old quip:
I'm not paranoid. Paranoid is when you think everyone's out to get you.
I KNOW everyone's out to get me! :lol:

Yes, but people could still take the 5 minutes to look at a forum, and find a similar thread to post in. I'm not against venting. But when every single person who has something to say opens a brand new thread to vent, it gets a bit rediculous.

If you ran a large company, and you hired a management team to oversee your interests, would you not want the final say before anything was finalized with your name on it?

They have their hands in everything. Don't be fooled.

I know that U2 have blame for this, they deserve some backlash. but this??? I think not.

be happy with what you have

fooled? the ONLY fooling I see here is that people are letting their frustrations with a websites and buisiness to get in the way of loving the real reason we're U2 fans, the music.

The OOTS said:
If you ran a large company, and you hired a management team to oversee your interests, would you not want the final say before anything was finalized with your name on it?

They have their hands in everything. Don't be fooled.

This is not true. Conspiracy theorists begone. Geez, U2 does not sit with U2.com/Fanfire and TM and say give the U2.com Membership 100 good seats and 1500 $h*tty seats. Some people are either very young, or have little other than U2 to consume their lives.

You know TM got hammered today, HAMMERED. I know this for a fact. There were people there who were working as hard as they could to fix problems and make it right. However being from the IT World I know that sometimes demand overtakes supply, whether it's tickets or connections to a bank of servers. There were tens of thousands if not more of us hitting TM at the same time. I'm not going to justify their service charges and all that, but I guarantee you that TM isn't sitting around hoping things will work or not doing anything to fix it. Face it computers are no better than an a rude, careless customer service rep at times.

I did not get the tickets I wanted, but you know I'm going just the same. If you want to call U2 out go ahead, especially if it makes you feel better. But, I will tell you this they did not cause the problems here.

firstlove said:
fooled? the ONLY fooling I see here is that people are letting their frustrations with a websites and buisiness to get in the way of loving the real reason we're U2 fans, the music.

perhaps this it true for you, but the reasons why I liked U2 in the first place extended beyond their music. While I would never question the excellence of the material they put out, certain other aspects of what made me like the band initially seem to have become more and more defunct over the past three years.

I'm not irate about what's happened - i'm not raving with fury. I'm just a little disappointed, and I think my disappointment can be justified.

Re: Deal with it!!!

firstlove said:
I'm sick and tired of people getting so damn angry at U2 and "rethinking their love".

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA! "Rethinking their love"? Did someone actually say that? I find it kind of hard to "rethink" love, personally! :lol: :laugh: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom