MERGED --> Anyone else seen the COBL video? + Here it is: COBL Video Link+COBL Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone else seen the COBL video?

It was definately played on The Box channel in the UK last night and is just from what i saw a straight forward recording of the song, i did only see the last 20 seconds though - it ended with Bono raising his hands in the area in silloutte. Why've we not seen it online?!

Just checked the Box playlist and its not on there but im 100% positive it was on last night - I was with friends and they're backing me up, or we all could be going mad, either war i'm fine.

youd think this would be something that u2.com would allow members to get a sneak peek of before it was officially released

too bad u2.com sucks a fat one

i look forward to seeing it, someone posted a 20 second teaser that was on UK tv, maybe that is all you saw?

I dont know it looked like a promo has apposed to just a recording of a performance - lighting, camera movement etc and it was shot from the tour (not CDUK or TOTP or anything like that) - it featured the light curtains, bomb shelter etc. I

t might've been the 20 second clip - like a said i only saw the ending. Where can i find the clip? Thanks

Last edited:
Just seen the clip - I definately did not see that - I caught the ending of the video and I'm sure it come on The Box saying 'U2 - City of Blinding Lights' as if it played the whole video - which i presume it did cos it would seem a bit daft to just show the end of the video as a preview. Thanks for the link anyway!

The Video is up for selection NOW on The Box under the title 'Big Ones and Newbies' - Tune in its bound to be played soon.

I knew I wasn't seeing things! lol

Just seen it! It's a bit dull to be honest. Because its a fully organised video promo shoot it dosent have the energy or power that for instance the UTEOTW and Beautiful Day videos have. The vocals are live with Bono's voice sounding WAY off at times. He's still doing those cheesy 'hand pushes' he did when I saw it performed outside the BBC - and thats all the video consists of - 4 minutes of 'hand pushes' and wide angle shots of the stage. The ending is the shortened radio edit version, cant remember if the opening was the same though.

I supose it'll do the job just slightly dissapointed because COBL is a song that has so much potential to become a breathtaking video, and with Alex and Martin coming in I expected at least some sort of fresh approach to the footage, maybe in the post production stages etc.

Just seen it (on Mtv in Italy), the Vancouver shoot on April, and I really like it :love:
I hope it will be soon available for download somewhere on the net :wink:

did i mention how much i fucking hate u2.com?

we're paying 40 freaking bucks a year for their "service." youd think theyd at least have exclusives of new videos so members could see them first

or maybe some live tracks or even some live video from the tour? nope, we get nothing

40 bucks for a messed up presale and a crappy messageboard

thanks a lot u2.com

for the people who saw the video... did you see a guy with a grey shirt with a large green logo that said "scotts" on it? well if you did then that was me hehehe i was 3 or 4th row from the stage so i was at a prime spot and when they did thefloor video shoot there was only a row of people (i person thinck) in between me and the stage near the tip of the elipse. I can't wait to see the video and this one for me will be particularly special for me (evenm if i cant see myself) cos i was there when they filmed this video.

Nico

:| Realy this kind of videos are used for THE LAST SINGLE from albums...

...The video is OK... I think it would be better with some FX around the band... something like those from Staring At The Sun... but still it's very "OK" video.

for me its awesome clip, very powerful! it really suits for that song:rockon:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
meh... it fails to capture how great the song is live... too dark... i coulda done a better job then that. shoulda just did a full version... intro and all, no cuts... right through to the end. if it's 5:30 long? so what... they only play a minute of it on MTV & vh1 anyway
:yes:
I agree

:p

I like U2.com, they may not have City, up yet but it does have a bunch of other videos. The quality of the videos is pretty good too, not grainy, very clear picture.

Most message boards I've posted at, if you take too long to post something, it times out and you have to re log in, but then you lost all you typed, even if you go back to the page.

That's my biggest pet peeve with message boards, but U2.com's don't do that, at least so far in my experience with them. I started a post one time, wasn't too much typed but had to go do something outside, took about 45 minutes, I came back, knowing I might lose it, but I hit submit anyway. Posted just fine, I didn't have to log in again and lose my post.

Maybe some people wasted $20/$40 dollars, but if you paid solely for U2 tickets, than yeah it might be a waste.

What did Propaganda offer, presales, yes, and a magazine sent every once in a while.

I'm waiting to see what they'll do, maybe something along the lines of Hasta La Vista? They're gonna do something like that, just don't know when.

--Card carrying member of U2.com, literally. ;)

Back
Top Bottom