MERGED-->All U2 on SNL Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2_Neat

Acrobat
Anybody Taping SNL Tonight?

i'm talking about DVD full quality recordings.....

I read I Will Follow was being rehearsed along with Vertigo and Sometimes...

does anyone know what time it's on? CET??

mpg-1 sounds nice. will you be sharing?
you know the yousendit procedure, right?

how long is it until it starts?

SNL starts, at least where I live, at 11:30pm, with the musical act coming on sometime after midnight. I don't know how things work in terms of everyone's timezones, but 11:30 is when it starts here.

I'll be providing a live audio stream (good quality) as the show is going on, and very high quality audio after the show is over. I'm glad to see there will be video too!

Anyone know the SNL setlist for tonight?

I know it's three songs long. They will probably play Vertigo. And I know they've been rehersing I Will Follow. but what about song #3? Most likely a new song, but which?

I hope they don't do "I will follow"

Did they do 3 songs last time? I thought it was just BD and Elevation.

I rememebr reading somewhere that they were set to perform three songs. I dont know howreliable the source was, but that's what it said. Give me a while and I'll try to find that info again.

alright, it's not necessarily that they are going to perform 3 songs, but they have been rehearsing 3 songs. This is from u2log.com:

U2 Rehearse for SNL Appearance
cindy // 19-11-04 // 06:18 PM // Comments (0)
At this very moment, U2 are at NBC studios rehearsing for their appearance on Saturday Night Live tomorrow evening. U2log.com has learned that they have been rehearsing three songs: “I Will Follow,” “Vertigo,” and an unspecified one (probably another new one).

They're probably just rehearsing I Will Follow because it's a good warmup song. I recall reading somewhere on here that last time, they didn't practice Elevation at all and it was the second song they played.

3 songs sets on SNL are very rare.

I think it's happened like 4 times in the history of the show and two of those were when the host was also the musical guest.

I believe the excpetions were Pearl Jam in 95 and Paul McCartney in around 92.

There may have been one or two others, point is, it's very rare.

i doubt U2 will play three songs, but then again, it may save a struggling show if they do.

i'm guessing their set will be:

1. Vertigo
2. All Because Of You

that's the safe route. i'd go nuts if they played "Miracle Drug", "Sometimes" or "OOTS" as the 2nd song!

10:30 - Central Time Zone.
and Martha's right. There are usually only 2 songs performed by the musical acts. I can't remember ever seeing 3 songs. Then again, well never mind. :wink:
This won't be forgotten anytime soon. :sexywink:

i believe SNL will have the upbeat rock songs to compete with the rock bands the show usually hosts...

my guess is Vertigo and All Because Of You but I Will Follow was rehearsed, i hope it makes it, how cool would it be for U2 to play a 1980 song on SNL in 2004??

martha said:
They only did two songs last time. The musical guests only usually do two songs.

lancemc, how do you know it's three songs?

dont they only air two songs because its only an hour. but doesnt the actalu studio hear 4 or 5. i think letterman and leno are that way. :scratch:

Yea, I remember recently reading an interview with U2 where the reporter said she could hear Edge rehearsing "I will follow" - so it's probably just a good warmup song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom