MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the stream, gorman!
Well, Xanax and Wine sure sounds excellent! Maybe even better than Fast Cars, but I do miss the Middle Eastern sound. Native Son has some excellent guitar layers that didn't appear on Vertigo, but for me an inferior song nonetheless. Yahweh sure sounds interesting in this edition. Although I think the album version is slightly better, there is again more Edge in this. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own sounds totally weak compared to the glorious album version.
Still wait to hear ATYCLB sessions... Gorman for president!

Yeah, I can't remember if it is 5 or 6 burns per song, and I know it is 5 authorized computers...as far as working the system so you can burn as much as you want this argument is too new for me to quite grasp, I mean in the past since I owned a hard copy (something i can touch) of the CD's I could upload to my PC and then burn as much as I want. I understand their limiting the amount of burns to prevent illegal distribution, but damn it to hell if I own it I want to use it how I want.

I solved all these problems for myself by buying the uPod, and expensive solution but this way I can move it back and forth from there all I want.

Last edited:
lets face it, this boxset was put together by edge - he's the one that said there wasnt gonna be another version of OOTS on it at the last minute (KROCK interview), Bono didnt know and i dont think he bothers much with this side of the business, edge is the net savvy one (Radio 1 Interview Bono "Edge stays up all night on the net"). Edge knows the score of course he knows that there are hard core collectors and he probably has lurked on message boards (you just would, wouldnt you?) to see just how crazy people react to anything rare and the collecting of audio shows and videos. Yes he could have blown our mind with this boxset releasing demos from every album session, but i guess they are worried that it would detract from the magic of the final songs. But my point is this, (i dont want to get into the business and money side of things) it looks as though a lot of effort has gone into the first 10 tracks of the unreleased stuff but then its just random!!!! 2 mixes of numb??? is that the best he can give us, come on edge give us a good version of heaven and hell!!!! something about it makes me think that he stopped particularly caring about how good these 20 tracks could have been.

y hasent anyone posted these unreleased songs yet? i've been dying to hear xanax ans wine and native son and the others. please someonw just post these. thanks

Just for anyone that missed it, I'm streaming the unreleased/rare tracks here: http://66.54.81.31:8000/ (open in Winamp, iTunes, etc)

I'm streaming at 96Kbps instead of the usual 128Kbps, because I'm doing this to promote the box set, not piracy :)

Jesus Christ (Sun Studio)

Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)

Salome (Zooromancer Remix)

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

None of them are rare... What a waste... They should have released more unreleased songs/demos.

I'm taking out some of the "rare" tracks that we've all heard plenty of times (i.e. b-sides from Best Of 1990-2000), so it'll be more concentrated on the truly unreleased and rare songs.

Here's my playlist for the stream:

All of the "sessions" tracks, everything HTDAAB related, Bass Trap (Edited Version), Night and Day (Twilight Remix), Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), and Stateless (Soundtrack Version)

If you have any suggestions, let me know! I'll add in some live stuff later on if anyone wants.

It's looped... after Stateless it'll loop back to the sessions tracks and go from there. You'll hear Native Son soon :)

gorman said:
Here's my playlist for the stream:

All of the "sessions" tracks, everything HTDAAB related, Bass Trap (Edited Version), Night and Day (Twilight Remix), Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), and Stateless (Soundtrack Version)

If you have any suggestions, let me know! I'll add in some live stuff later on if anyone wants.

Gorman thats fine, ive been listening for 45 minutes now, im waiting to hear it start again, i wanna hear the ATYCLB sessions......all you guys just joining have patience like i have!!!! your tracks will come around.....
Gorman you are a superstar, wear a big t-shirt at shows next year saying "im Gorman" and i'll buy you a drink!!!!!

Ok, I'm a sucker. I'm thinking of getting this set. I don't have a any of the stuff listed before Boy save an MP3 or two. I also don't have the Boston or Mexico City live shows (I scored the Point Depot show on two Pressed CD's from the Used Section of a Newbury Comics for $14).

Also, as a purchaser of the U2 iPod and a recent iTunes convert this will save me a boatload of time importing songs. I also don't own many of the singles.

Does anyone know if the iTunes coupons are stackable? For instance, can I but 2 more at a discount on eBay and get the album for less than half price?

RobVox said:
Yeah, I can't remember if it is 5 or 6 burns per song, and I know it is 5 authorized computers...as far as working the system so you can burn as much as you want this argument is too new for me to quite grasp, I mean in the past since I owned a hard copy (something i can touch) of the CD's I could upload to my PC and then burn as much as I want. I understand their limiting the amount of burns to prevent illegal distribution, but damn it to hell if I own it I want to use it how I want.

I solved all these problems for myself by buying the uPod, and expensive solution but this way I can move it back and forth from there all I want.

There is no limit to how many times you can burn each track. You have to create a playlist to burn a CD, and you can burn that playlist 5 times.

However, you can recreate the same playlist as many times as you want, with 5 burns each time.

Alternatively, you can burn once, rerip to WAV or Lossless, and burn forever.

It's funny, if some of these unreleased ATYCLB tracks would have been on the album, I think it would have been many times better. Perhaps even their 3rd masterpiece (making HTDAAB their 4th). Ah well, at least we're finally hearing these tracks :)

SkeeK said:
gorman = awesomeness

Levitate is sweet.

did you notice that levitate was pinned on the notice board in the studio as a song maybe worked on for the new album.... check out the photo in the middle of the book.....

I don't really want to read through 16 pages so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.

I really only want to download the 3 early demos, some of the Unreleased & Rare tracks, the Hasta La Vista concert, the Paradise Theater concert, as well as the Point Depot concert from iTunes, but as of right now you can only get those by buying the entire Complete U2. Does anyone know if at anytime in the future these will be available for individual purchase?

Lefovers from ATYCLB are rockers and much less pop, more experimental. Love you like mad is very good.

Fast Cars is much better being Xanax and Wine...

Well, U2's is taking the safe lane...

gorman said:
It's funny, if some of these unreleased ATYCLB tracks would have been on the album, I think it would have been many times better. Perhaps even their 3rd masterpiece (making HTDAAB their 4th). Ah well, at least we're finally hearing these tracks :)

Thanks a lot for fixing up this stream Gorman.

I agree that a lot of the unreleased stuff (and I would add, b-sides) could contribute a lot to the album. I was thinking this last week, listening to Mercy and Are You Gonna Wait Forever and thinking of these tracks as essentially forming a second album for the die-hard fans! They are a bit more experimental and less produced but with an exciting rawness to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom