MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cask said:
And some people were posting earlier today about hearing some of the Chris Thomas stuff, well now Native son, All because of you, SYCMIOYO, Xanax and WIne (which has the chrous from Fast Cars: All I want is a picture of you.....), and Yahweh. The final versions are much better

Yes, I have to agree with you on that one Cask. Native Son sounds interesting, but not as powerful as Vertigo. However the 30 second clip of ABOY did sound very interesting.....very. Much rawer that than this version now (not that that's a bad thing).

It's funny watching itunes d'load the whole set cuz it's hopelessly random. it'll download part of an album, then do a track from a different one, then another track from a different one, then maybe back to the first... makes ya wonder how they have the system set up. Well, it makes ME wonder, anyway. I'm like Edge in that regard.

jmelrose said:
I just clicked on "add album" then went to my shopping cart and bought the contents. I started at around 11:45pm my time, I think.

I don't see an "add album" button, just a "buy album" button. Is this what you meant? Also, did you get to that page by typing in "u2" in your iTunes search box?

They need to release a rarities box on CD with all the B-sides, demos, remixes, live shows, and such (basically anything that you wouldn't have if you had all the albums) since the Best of B-side discs were so incomplete compared to this.

I want this, but I don't want it only in digital form. $150 for something wholly intangible is some rough shit.

I think we (Australia) will have iTunes by the time the tour starts.
Either way, if they do release shows on there....people can always record through 'master' and make their own mp3s of this stuff...woops did i say that?

Oh, and no PopHeart EP. Just thought that was a weird omission considering they have much rarer stuff on there.

(Never mind then.)

Last edited:
Ah... I use a shopping cart as opposed to 1-clicking stuff, which maybe be why I see "Add Album" instead of buy album. My purchases go into the cart and then they all go onto on transaction at the end. Probably doesn't effect the problem people are having with not being able to d'load tracks, but just a clarification.

Okay, well I already have all that stuff, anyone wanna buy my $50 off coupon from me? Figure one of y'all that are gonna d/l all of it could use it more.

RobVox said:
Okay, well I already have all that stuff, anyone wanna buy my $50 off coupon from me? Figure one of y'all that are gonna d/l all of it could use it more.

why dont you be kind and offer it for free, if that person would send you copies of the songs that you actually want...

starsgoblue said:
I was considering that bout the coupon...since I'm not buying the whole thing....

I just want a few and Apple's not giving it up!

they did for me, something is up with the system, I was able to buy the songs I wanted by themselves except the ones marked "Work Only"

fucking Apple.

bonosleftone said:

why dont you be kind and offer it for free, if that person would send you copies of the songs that you actually want...

Yeah, that would be cool with me too...I guess, but the conditions would have to be comfortable for both of us.

Ok, let's put blame where blame is due...

Apple does not choose what songs are "must buy with the box set in order to get them." The artist and management company do that. THAT much I know about the inner workings of the iTunes Music Store.
If you want those tracks available seperately, Principal Management and U2 are the people to contact. The iTunes Music Store, just like any other store, puts out the product the artist wishes to make available.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I haven't been able to buy a single song...is it because all of us crazy U2 fans all trying to get the same stuff?

Probably partly that and also the set was literally just put up tonight, thats a lot of songs in one area.

If anyone is buying the whole set and having problems just wait a day or so, its not going to go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom