MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brownda7 said:
Hey, do any tech heads know if its possible to capture gormans stream of the unreleased tracks for purely "scientific research" purposes.:wink:

You 'should' be able to use the Nullsoft Diskwriter plugin in Winamp, listed in Preferences under Output plugins. This will write what Winamp is playing directly to a wav file or a number of other formats including mp3 ;) (although you cannot listen at the same time because it bypasses your soundcard/soundchip)

If you choose Configure for the plugin you can choose MP3 in the drop-down-list where it will most probably be set to the default of PCM :)

Mind you this is just a suggestion! :lol:

Here's my question. When the other HTDAAB Singles come out, will "The Complete U2" be updated? Will the tracks be available for free, or a la carte from iTunes for people who already purchased?

I think one of the advantageous of a digital box set would be to be able to update it. It's something that would make the entire experience new and fresh. Doing it at no additional cost is probably out of the question, but allowing a box set to be updated for a nominal fee (like an fee in the U2 world is nominal) would be GREAT.

One of my only complaints about the Complete U2 is the naming of the Album (from within iTunes). Once loaded into the iPod as-is (I have the U2 edition), it was a pain to scroll through the Albums to locate the Complete U2 album/single which I wanted to play.

I'll have to create new playlists from the songs, I guess.

Derek said:
Here's my question. When the other HTDAAB Singles come out, will "The Complete U2" be updated? Will the tracks be available for free, or a la carte from iTunes for people who already purchased?

I think one of the advantageous of a digital box set would be to be able to update it. It's something that would make the entire experience new and fresh. Doing it at no additional cost is probably out of the question, but allowing a box set to be updated for a nominal fee (like an fee in the U2 world is nominal) would be GREAT.

i was wondering about this myself earlier today. it would be awesome if they did this, at least for the singles off the bomb.

:up:

ltoroguapo said:
One of my only complaints about the Complete U2 is the naming of the Album (from within iTunes). Once loaded into the iPod as-is (I have the U2 edition), it was a pain to scroll through the Albums to locate the Complete U2 album/single which I wanted to play.

I'll have to create new playlists from the songs, I guess.

how does it show up on the iPod/iTunes? Is it listed under one album - The Complete U2 - or listed under seperate albums, such as "The Complete U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind"? Really both bother me -- I'd rather it just be "U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind", but the second is much more agreeable.

After looking at all the tracks available, i think I'll skip this. The stuff I'm really interested in is the Live & Rare stuff, which I'll pursue through bootleg channelse, I suppose. I don't really need 8 more mixes of Lemon. As much as I tried to convince myself I did... :)

We should organize a petition to either the U2 organization or the iTunes Music Store to allow those tracks to be purchased individually. They really are only defeating themselves in this department, as I foresee all the tracks you can't get alone being put on bootleg CD compilations and showing up at little record boutiques for $25 a piece (much like Melon did many years ago). That's considerably worse in the band's philosophy on music pirating than the tracks popping up online. It really is a kick in the face to the fans that have stuck with the band for many years and gone through the trouble of getting all the singles and rare tracks, because, in theory, the people buying "the Complete U2" don't HAVE the complete U2.

I think the reluctance of those who got the box set is because it cost them boatloads of money, as for the leaked album, it didn't cost them a thing to download compared to this. I'd feel used if I bought the complete u2 set only to be bombarded by email addresses and aspersions about me being greedy and all kinds of colourful character assassinations and slurs.

Gorman, you are a beautiful human being! I finally found the link to your stream. I got on right in the middle of Beautiful Ghost. Can't wait for this to reloop so I can hear the whole song! The alternate lyrics on SYCMIOYO are interesting. And how could they have not released Levitate on ATYCLB? Are they crazy? It's 10 times better than anything on that album! And now I'm listening to Love You Like Mad, and I love it too. These songs weren't even worthy of being b-sides? I don't get it.

Aussies Unite! Since it is impossible for us to legally purchase these tracks we should create a fan-tree to email the unreleased tracks to each other!

I'm sure somebody downunder will have them by now since gorman has been streaming for over 12 hours.

anybody...............
:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom