MERGED --> All U2.com questions/help discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
U2.com subscription problems--need help

I signed up and paid my membership fee 2 weeks ago--my card has not been charged and I have written twice with no response. I thought perhaps it did not go through so I tried it again--it says that membership already exists which means they have my info, but when I try and login to the site noithing happens???

The same thing happened to me!! I just rejoined. Hopefully my credit card will be charged this time. I am so pissed at them for ripping me off with the whole Prop. thing.

You might have to change your name around when you rejoin. If the credit is charged for your first entry, you just have to dispute it. I know it's so confusing and it sucks!!

my card hasnt been charged yet either, but I recieved the confimation saying I joined. I dont know either.

ok...I had the same problem and I called customer service. My card hadn't been billed at the time. They told me to TRY RESETTING MY COOKIES. (tools/internet options/delete cookies) If that doesn't work for you I recommend you call U2.com. Tell them your situation and that you've paid. They should take your info and get back to you quicker that way. As I said, the solution was simple for me, but I recommend a call to them if you're having problems. The number is listed at the bottom of of the page when you go to the U2.com "shop" link.

Jon

"FUBAR" F....D up beyond all recognition

Its an old army saying, my grandfather told me in WWII they always used it when things were bad.

I signed up twice too thinking the first one would be invalid... have 2 valid logins. Credit card has yet to be charged even once...

Monkeys... wonder if they can be bribed with bananas

they told me on the phone that they will start chargng cards this week cuz they had bugs to fix. i did recieve the confirmaton emails an all. Site is functioning for me like i am a subscribed member.

brownda7 said:
"FUBAR" F....D up beyond all recognition

Its an old army saying, my grandfather told me in WWII they always used it when things were bad.

just saw Saving private Ryan again, and this is used in the movie as well.
So it is not made up after all, i thought it was.:wink:

Same shit happened to me.. I just posted in another thread. They better get their act together. I am scared to try to join again because I dont want to be out $80 :madspit:

I had called them about it and she said that if I am able to log in, go to Zootopia, etc that my membership took effect but that they might be behind in updating the credit cards.

I only got one email and supposably you are supposed to receive a second email confirming your payment, which I never received, nor has my card been charged.

It's the same with me, Sicy, I'm planning to get at least one more membership, maybe two. But I'm putting everything on hold until I see them start getting their things together.

Do some people want more than one membership so that they can get more tickets to shows?

I got screwd by Prop and have signed up twice at U2.com. My credit card has yet to be charged. I hope I am not charged the $80.

Do you think the Boys or Paul know about any of this?

I want to go to multible shows too. This Fanfire is a real gamble because who knows if we will be evn able to get tickets. Plus if they have'nt even charged out credit cards..who knows what will happen.

So with the fanfire do they only promise one set of tickets to one city? So if you want to see three shows in different cities are you out of luck if you only have one membership?

yeah, I'm in the same boat..

I have access to the whole membership site, and I got the 25% off the U2 store coupon and everything, but my card hasn't been charged...

ultraviolet353 said:
how can u test if you are a member on the site--I did noit see any members area.

When you login, you should get a red box on the right hand side of the page that welcomes you as a U2.com member. There should also be additional links at the top of the page for your profile and webmail access.

Those of you had trouble entering your credit card info but got a welcome email anyway:

Go to your U2.com profile and make sure you have an account expiration date...if you don't have one, you are NOT a paid member.

You can also go to Zootopia and if only one main forum shows up, you are not a paid member.

I don't think you need to start over with a new user name if your paid membership didn't take the first time...you just log in under your user name and password and click the subscribe function.

I am a little afraid to try this though because I don't want to get charged $80 in a few weeks when they start processing the credit cards. :mad:

I never got a response from u2.com either about my membership, but I called my CC company and the money was taken out today. I can tell I'm a member online because I have the account expiration date, I have my email address, and my cc was charged. I think i'm set, now just wait to see what the deal is with the tour tickets.

Anyone else's card charged in the last few days?

This is complete crap.

I paid a week ago and nothing has been updated. My credit card has not been charged and I only got the welcome email. When I log into the site and click on profile I cant find any expiration date. Then I click on something else and it logs me out. It makes me log in all the time. So wtf I am afraid to pay again. Not to mention I never got my damn prop letter so I shouldnt even have to pay $40 :scream: They need to get this shit together!

I'm in the same boat as you Sicy, I never recieved my Porp letter either. I DID recieve an email from U2.com claiming that I'm not a Prop member though, 2 in fact, in spite of the fact that I joined within a very short time of the decision to no longer continue the magazine. I only got one issue but supposedly am no longer a member. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend another $40 at this point. After this whole fiasco, am I willing to fork over even more cash that will most likely be lost? I feel so angry and disilllusioned. As well as robbed.

Seeking Info from U2.com Paid Members

Hello everyone. I have heard a lot of negative feedback about purchasing a u2.com membership...and I'm wondering if most people are experiencing this...or what if this was perhaps just a handful of people.

I first tried to join the first of December, but had tech problems getting my card through. Meanwhile I spend hours on the phone trying to reach someone who could help me...and I read post after post of people who were not getting full access or email addresses after joining. I heard they basically had nothing to show that they were truly paid members. It was as if they never joined.

Now...I want to go forth and attempt to join again, but I wanted to see what other paid members have experienced. Did you get what you were supposed to get? Any problems or issues that concern you? I'm hoping now with the passing of time, glitches have been worked out.

Many thanks! My only concerns is that I can get good tix. i can live without the rest!

I joined a day or two after the site went up, and I had absolutely no problems, but I have certainly read with alarm all of the things that went wrong for others. I guess I was just lucky (for once!)

When you say you had trouble getting your card through do you mean your Prop card or your credit card?

I had a couple of glitches with my Prop card. I kept entering the code on the card but wouldn't get the $20 discount. I sent an email but got no response. After about a week I decided to try again. There was one character in the code that looked like the number 1 or the letter l but I had tried both of those and it didn't work. I decided to try the letter i even though it didn't look like an i and it worked. I immediately got the $20 discount and I signed up. I got a confirmation email from them right away and I had full access within half an hour. So if it's the Prop card you had problems with I'd recommend trying different letters and numbers.

sortofhomecoming said:
I have one problem - I cannot get access to the WebMail. I have sent an email to find out what is going on, but never heard anything.

Do you have AOL? One of the admins has posted a webmail help down in the tech forum at the bottom

The only problem I had signing up was the agreement thingie went funny. But Im in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom