MERGED --> All U2.com questions/help discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I for one have had no problems with the site, and I wasn't over charged. I signed up mainly for the tickets, I only payed $25 bucks in the end, but I still would have payed $40.

Thanks for the positive feedback. All I have read is negative remarks so it's good to see many people are having no problems at all. And yes U2 is worth $40 to me lol.

I already bought two memberships, only because I want priority seating available for a couple shows. The first one was a real ordeal to get right, but the second one went through smoothly.

If getting the pre-sale to the tour is important to you, I'd def. recommend it. I plan to be online for the real sale to get a couple more shows, but I wanted to get great seats to two shows and be almost 100% sure I could do so.

If I sign up for u2.com now, will I be able to advance order?

Hi, I'm looking at joining the site tomorrow and was wondering if you kind people would answer a couple of my questions please:

1. If I sign up now (read: tomorrow), will the e-mail address work almost immediately for the advance sales? I don't care about the rest of the stuff that comes with membership, I'm only interested in the advance order information.

2. Can I sign up in Great Britain? If it seems like a stupid question, I'm just worried because most members here seem to be American.

3. What sort of card will I need to make payments? I have only a 'Visa Electron' and 'Maestro' card, will this be sufficient (I can't seem to find details of this anywhere on their site)?

Thank you for your time.

1 - Should work, i only joined about 2 weeks ago, and my U2.com address is online, and i THINK from reading aroudn here, thats all you need

2 - Should be fine from GB ;)

3 - I think your cards should work fine.

hope that sorta helps.....

bono_man2002 said:
1 - Should work, i only joined about 2 weeks ago, and my U2.com address is online, and i THINK from reading aroudn here, thats all you need

Have you been able to use your @U2.com email address?

I was just trying to use yahoo to check my @u2.com email address, and I set it up with:

u2.com as the POP server

yet it tells me:

"Unfortunately, there was a problem:
u2.com unexpectedly terminated the connection. Please try again."

any thoughts?

If for some reason I can't use yahoo... WHAT PROGRAM SHOULD I USE?

THANKS!

You'll be able to sign up as normal from GB - I paid with Visa when I did it, and it worked out at just over £20. They don't charge extra for converting the currency, as they have a warehouse in England.

bort269 said:

Have you been able to use your @U2.com email address?

I was just trying to use yahoo to check my @u2.com email address, and I set it up with:

u2.com as the POP server

yet it tells me:

"Unfortunately, there was a problem:
u2.com unexpectedly terminated the connection. Please try again."

any thoughts?

If for some reason I can't use yahoo... WHAT PROGRAM SHOULD I USE?

THANKS!

I've not tried with a POP server....just the Webmail on the site....

help with u2.com subscription

i am wondering where do i access my new @u2.com email. i cannot find where this email is. i recieved my confirmation email in my own email, but cannot find where i acces my new @u2.com mail. please help thankx so much

i am logged in and it only says (under larry) search and my Screen name logout

how do i set up the email acct, maybe i havent done that yet, the only email i gave them was my normal email to recieve the confirmation...thanks

When you sign in do you see the red box towards the right that says welcome U2.com subscriber?

Webmail is to the left of "search" in red.

Last edited:
BOYO3221 said:
i am logged in and it only says (under larry) search and my Screen name logout

how do i set up the email acct, maybe i havent done that yet, the only email i gave them was my normal email to recieve the confirmation...thanks

You are not alone-I have the same problem.
I clicked on contact and sent an e-mail detailing all the dates from subscribing to confirmation. I have been charged for the subscriber, yet have none of the "perks" ( access to the subscribers only forum, e-mail, key chain, card). I sent an e-mail to them last week.......still have heard nothing. I am trying to be patient

Is it too late....

Is it too late to join U2.com? (for presale tix reasons)

Secondly, do I want to...or should I save the $40. I am very anxious to get GA tix, so I am not sure if being a member would give me an edge...

:slant:

it probably will... certainly I think the odds are in your favor if you do. The demand for tix is going to be insane! 100x worse than last tour!

And its not too late to join! I just bought another membership about 2 hrs ago..

hey stars...long time. Hope you had a good Christmas. I went ahead and bought the membership. $40 in the long run isn't gonna kill me, as painful as the principal behind having to pay that much is. I say try it if you aren't that short on the cash. I went through the same thing with buying the ipod, but justified it somehow :wink:

It's definitely worth it if you live in a city where U2 tickets sell out in a matter of minutes. By having that one week buffer over the casual concert goer (I think this is the consenus), it should help.

Besides, it's not official yet that there will be GA this time around. :wink: Who am I kidding, I'm sure it'll be the same as the Elevation Tour.

USD40 subscription is a sham...

I am starting to agree with the anti U2.com mass that has begun to surface, i think this USD40 charge is outrageous! U2 cannot allow this and I think people should get together and let them know. I have made a subscription, however, due to U2.com website problems my subscription has encountered a problem. I have repeatedly contacted them and they never reply. I am really ashamed of my favourite band now. I have followed them for years and I feel charging for the internet, which is a medium supposedly available to all, is a disgrace.
USD40 is a lot of money for very limited actual benefits...its a money making sham...i think Desire sung about stealing hearts and love of money...LOVE OF MONEY!!!!!

They are awful with replying to e-mails, agreed, but I don't really get why everyone is complaining so much about the website charge. It's taking over from Propaganda, which was a paid servive, so it makes sense that we shouldn't get it for free. I'm sure as the tour comes around, paid members will get a lot more exclusive material too. The tangible nature of the magazine has just been transferred online.

shari schultz said:

You are not alone-I have the same problem.
I clicked on contact and sent an e-mail detailing all the dates from subscribing to confirmation. I have been charged for the subscriber, yet have none of the "perks" ( access to the subscribers only forum, e-mail, key chain, card). I sent an e-mail to them last week.......still have heard nothing. I am trying to be patient

Yup...I'm in the same boat....subscribed, charged, but no access...TO ANYTHING!!!

Sent them an email too...waiting for a reply. They better hurry because I have a funny feeling I'm going to be hung out to dry come pre-sale time!!! :(

Back
Top Bottom