MERGED-->ALL U2 at Live 8 discussion, complaints, links, sets, etc -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live 8

Hey, I just woke up in Canada.. have U2 played in London yet?? How about Sting, Coldplay and REM. Its 1032 in canada right now so.. 632 in england.

If u2 played, what did they perfrom and how was it??

Do any Canadians know if there will be an encore or whatever?

U2 played first they played Beautiful Day, Vertigo and One, Coldplay and REM also played, if you want a copy of U2's perfermance I can post it for you.

Horrible coverage is doing a disservice for the cause. I've watched VH1 and MTV's feeds because I can't get access anywhere else, and they appear to be showing snippets from performances (1-3 minutes in length) before cutting away for babble from commentators, or worst yet, commerical breaks (1-4 minutes in length). --the only full length song performance I've seen was Green Day's "American Idiot" and it was ruined by the censors.

I can't remember the actual presentation of Live Aid back in 1985, but I don't believe MTV cut away for commericals in the middle of songs, continuously. This alone is a reason to stop watching.

If they are simply trying to spread awareness for the cause, it's okay. But I highly doubt the message will be as strong if we hear it from the mouths of Kurt Loader, Amire Salim, or whoever these networks have paid to cover the event, compared to the voices of the musician/performer celebrities.

Let the music play, and let the performers urge the audience to expand their minds.

Irishteen said:
U2 played first they played Beautiful Day, Vertigo and One, Coldplay and REM also played, if you want a copy of U2's perfermance I can post it for you.

That would be awesome. Vertigo? Of all songs..

Irishteen said:
you have to remove the spaces in between you send it

Sorry, i'm having a lil' trouble here haha.. I just deleted the 2 spaces beween you send, and sent it.. then copied it and put it in my browser is that correct? Because that didn't work for me.

wow i just relised people are actually going to start comparing U2 from live aid, and U2 from live 8, and am sure they will find something to bitch about, U2 were brilliant today, no other words need saying, they set the standard for this whole show, and to be fair not many are taking it up any further, simply because they cant,

Nope the bbc coverage is good, we get bits from other citys and interviews in bewteen acts but all the hyde park music is shown live. this to me is how it should be

If adds are necessary they should be between sets

Works great, thanks.

What is with the song selection?

I woulda gone.. Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad. Actually, Beautiful Day and One are good but.. like.. not Vertigo. Oh well, it still rocks.

Miricale_Drug said:
Nope the bbc coverage is good, we get bits from other citys and interviews in bewteen acts but all the hyde park music is shown live. this to me is how it should be

If adds are necessary they should be between sets

Yep right on, and tonight we get America live.

Cooper2000 said:
Works great, thanks.

What is with the song selection?

I woulda gone.. Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad. Actually, Beautiful Day and One are good but.. like.. not Vertigo. Oh well, it still rocks.
because its there biggest single here in the UK from the new album? and they arent playing for "there fans" they are playing for billions of people around the world, so there hardly gonna play something obscure, and SBS was done at live aid, so then we would have people moaning that they were just repeating themselves

KUEFC09U2 said:
because its there biggest single here in the UK from the new album? and they arent playing for "there fans" they are playing for billions of people around the world, so there hardly gonna play something obscure, and SBS was done at live aid, so then we would have people moaning that they were just repeating themselves

Makes sense :). Thanks

I just saw "Beautiful Day" on on VH1 about an hour so ago and it rocked! Was so pretty with the way they released the doves and U2 sounded great! Also I must say that Madonna had a great performance too.

the TV coverage is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE in America

Live AID in 1985, I think was on ABC and it was pretty good. Ya know, they showed the god damn performances.

This MTV and VH1 is so bad that I am too hungover to bitch about it.

U2 was great, Beautiful Day sounded great DIDNT GET TO HEAR THE REST, THANK YOU COROPRATE SHITBAG WHORE MTV

also I liked Madonna doing Ray of Light

Moonlit_Angel said:
Yeah...considering what this concert is for, I think it seems a bit silly to gripe over something like the setlist. Focus on the bigger picture.

Angela

Who is griping? I clearly did think about what the concert was for, and that is why I was merely wondering why they wouldnt play a song that lyrically applied to the cause more fitting than Vertigo. I then said, who cares, it rocks anyways. Thanks.

Does anyone have any viiiiiiiiideos of the performance? I was at a friend's house and miiiiiissed it (but I did manage to see a clip of Bono's speech before "One").

Back
Top Bottom