MERGED--> All New Prop/U2.com Membership Discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't worry, I would imagine they took the link down to give more time for everyone to get their letters from Propaganda, that will have your number so that you can join the new way for $20.00 instead of $40.00.

I'm just wondering how I go about finding out whether I'm still an active Propaganda member. The last issue I received was quite a while ago and I don't remember getting any notice to re-up my membership... so I'm a bit confused myself.

Anyone have ideas on how to find out about membership status???

I'm also wondering if my Prop subscription is still valid or not... I can't remember, and I doubt they wil send me a letter since I have a different address now and didn't tell them ( I thought they were done).

As for priority tickets, if it's like Prop, it's really worth it IMO. I know some people were unhappy with their seats last time around, but I've never heard of anyone NOT getting any tickets at all. They did ask for a second choice of venue, however, in case they don't have any of the category of seats you want for the show you want.

For my part, I was able to just fill a form, and got a pair of GA tickets for 3 different Elevation show, without having to do anything except fill out the form. Tickets were sent by mail in good time. And they were all shows that 'sold-out' in a hour (that 'sold-out' thing is crap marketing strategy anyways).

I think that pretty much everybody who asked for GA tix via Prop last time got them, the problem seemed to be with those famous 'Golden Circle' seats.

It's worth it, saves a lot of worry.

I donated my $40. I don't think this will be like propaganda. The other fanfire ticket sales usually give you access to a presale either through their site or a ticketmaster presale code. These tickets tend to be lower level in the back of the arena or floor seats in the back floor sections. You get tickets almost guaranteed but they are bad seats for the price that you will pay (guessing at least $150). At least we don't have to go through a scalper.

AtomicLemon said:
Maybe there is a cap on the membership
I certainly hope not! I've yet to receive my letter from Prop (as most everyone else in the US) and I am still owed issues from my last subscription. Surely they wouldn't just null and void everyone's subscriptions without issuing some sort of refund. That's total thievery...

I spoke to fanfire today. They are officially taking over the Propaganda data base as of tomorrow. They told me I could call to make sure I am in the data base before I sign up. He also said that they will be mailing a memebership card to Prop members that will be activiated when the additional fees are paid.

I also didn't get any letter and have no idea what my membership ID is. The man said the letters went out in batches and some of them where just mailed yesterday.

I certainly hope that these seats aren't shitty seats. The best seats I ever had at a concert were the seats I got through Prop. I will try to get clarification on that tomorrow.

U2dork said:

I certainly hope not! I've yet to receive my letter from Prop (as most everyone else in the US) and I am still owed issues from my last subscription. Surely they wouldn't just null and void everyone's subscriptions without issuing some sort of refund. That's total thievery...

If that happened there would be riots.

I'm going to try and stay calm and rational (ha!) and hope that what EP&America is saying has some truth to it. I really doubt they'd put a cap/take the link down before everyone has a chance to receive their letters.

I had signed up for a year, and only got 2 issues, so that means I'm still subscribed, correct? :huh:

They need a frigging handbook for all of this Prop stuff.

youtwohearts said:
I spoke to fanfire today. They are officially taking over the Propaganda data base as of tomorrow. They told me I could call to make sure I am in the data base before I sign up. He also said that they will be mailing a memebership card to Prop members that will be activiated when the additional fees are paid.

I also didn't get any letter and have no idea what my membership ID is. The man said the letters went out in batches and some of them where just mailed yesterday.

I certainly hope that these seats aren't shitty seats. The best seats I ever had at a concert were the seats I got through Prop. I will try to get clarification on that tomorrow.

So tomorrow the link will go back up and if we're Prop members we can sign up using our member ids? Because I know I have mine somewhere.

Btw, thanks for calling to get to the bottom of this!

The link is obviously not up because the new site isnt up. This club is a major component of that new site obviously. They had the link up in the store but not on the main site. Its obviously not ready yet but they wont turn away your order if its already gone through.

Yes, thanks for calling, youtwohearts! I'm glad they gave you some information. I was getting worried about these letters. I know I always received my magazines about 3 weeks after the rest of the world, so I'm kinda thinking this will be the same case. Here's hoping the ticket thing runs as smoothly as other fanclubs...

2 Tickets to Any show Guaranteed - U2.com membership

That's what it says on the development page posted in another thread.

This is very encouraging, and definitely worth the 40 or 20 bucks IMO. Hell, I can use that guarantee to get tickets to the show I want to see most, and spend my energy and stress level on getting tickets the old fashioned way to the extra shows I want to go to.

Awesome, now lets see if they cap members and the method to the distribution of these "guaranteed" tickets.

Guaranteed means ya still gotta pay for the tickets btw. Pearl Jam did this with the Ten Club a few times.

here is a copy paste of the quote

U2.com subscription //
2 tickets to any show
guaranteed! // 25% off
merchandise // exclusive
downloads // sign up now! //

ultrraviolette said:
I wonder if we'll get a deal on tickets or if they will be obscenely expensive :|

we'll know shortly...

I think they're all going to be expensive. Frankly with Clear Channel the main sponsor and the success of Elevation, maximized profitting is going to be a key for this one.

We all got a gift with Elevation and the GA pricing, but that was only because U2's prior tour (Popmart) was not very successful in comparison to the ones prior to that. It was a gift to us hardcore fans and a come on for the casual fan to come and have a good vantage point at a average price.

These tickets are going to be worth their weight in gold, and the prices are bound to be the most expensive in U2's history.

I hope Im dead on wrong and we'll know fairly soon.

*The following is from the new U2.com site that will launch this week:*

"If you are an existing Propaganda member, we have a special offer for you, so please do not subscribe until you receive your letter!

European members will receive your letter week commencing 22nd November 2004. North America and Rest of World members will receive your letter week commencing 29 November 2004."

I DON'T BELIEVE THIS....

I haven't gotten a letter either...I will be working both my jobs all day on Black Fri, and most of Sat. I have no PC at home (am posting this from a library) and won't be able to sign up...

If there is a cap on memberships..

Where did you get into the site> On Fanfire?

Teta040 said:
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS....

I haven't gotten a letter either...I will be working both my jobs all day on Black Fri, and most of Sat. I have no PC at home (am posting this from a library) and won't be able to sign up...

If there is a cap on memberships..

Where did you get into the site> On Fanfire?

Want some cheese?

Shade said:

Don't be an ass, man. Nobody was hurt by Teta040's post.

I've always been an ass man, specially that Angelina Jolie.

WTH are we supposed to say to that post, if you're worried about it being capped they should go to the U2 Shop when the link comes back up and purchase the membership OR have a look through a few pages of this thread and find the info you're seeking.

Does everyone here need their hand held?

You know..

Maybe if you guys knew my personal circumstances a lot better you;d be more tolerable.

Swiss is my fave kind, so pile it on.

FYI, I son't have alot of ticket buying opeions, due to my finacial circumstances.

And there are other reasons.

I found the link...but since I didn't get a Prop letter yet, (and like Oceane, have no idea if I'm getting one--Ihave the exact same situation).)I don't have an access code??? And I'm a FanFire member.

Ionly ask this b/c it says the Propletters won't be going in NA until the 29th, but several people from my neck of the woods (Bsotn and NYC area of the country) ahve reported getitng theirs already. So the ijfo the website isposting on this is false.

I won't be abl

Well all you can do is wait for your letter, its also the holidays right now and they are probably sending out the letters in alphabetical order or seniority, it may come on Friday.

bonosleftone said:

I've always been an ass man, specially that Angelina Jolie.

WTH are we supposed to say to that post, if you're worried about it being capped they should go to the U2 Shop when the link comes back up and purchase the membership OR have a look through a few pages of this thread and find the info you're seeking.

Does everyone here need their hand held?

I don't know, man - do they need their faces slapped when it's a completely innocent post? Whoever that U2 fan is will probably figure it out. But, did you not read the part where he/she said they had no computer at home and had to rely on a library computer, which won't be available again until Monday? He/she clearly doesn't have the luxury of scrolling through pages and pages of posts and posts looking for the exact information needed like we do, so he/she posted in this thread hoping someone could help out. You offered sarcasm. It was cruel.

bonosleftone said:
Well all you can do is wait for your letter, its also the holidays right now and they are probably sending out the letters in alphabetical order or seniority, it may come on Friday.

Dude - how hard was that?

Shade said:

I don't know, man - do they need their faces slapped when it's a completely innocent post? Whoever that U2 fan is will probably figure it out. But, did you not read the part where he/she said they had no computer at home and had to rely on a library computer, which won't be available again until Monday? He/she clearly doesn't have the luxury of scrolling through pages and pages of posts and posts looking for the exact information needed like we do, so he/she posted in this thread hoping someone could help out. You offered sarcasm. It was cruel.

Ok point taken. I apologize Teta040.

I'm pretty certain my Prop subscription ran out after the last tour, so I went and purchased the new $40 membership the first time the link went up without waiting for any letter. I hope that those of us who jumped the gun are going to be okay...

atikicat said:
I'm pretty certain my Prop subscription ran out after the last tour, so I went and purchased the new $40 membership the first time the link went up without waiting for any letter. I hope that those of us who jumped the gun are going to be okay...

Yeah me too.. I did print out the receipt and saved the e-mail that confirmed my purchase...:|

My prop membership ran out after the last tour, but I was still one of the first to get my letter last week, so don't be surprised if you find a letter on your doorstep.:)

Back
Top Bottom