MERGED--> All New Prop/U2.com Membership Discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boozyuzi said:
Is this fan club for the US only then ??

There is no mention of price for UK or Ireland fans.

Pretty shabby really.

You guys will be ok when it comes to tickets. Your the lucky ones with Stadium shows. We got the dreadful arena. The only place where a diehard U2 fan can't get a ticket to see his or her favorite band. :mad:

Does anyone know yet whether "still-current" members need their number to sign up, or are names in the database? Anyone tried yet? My membership was still active, only got one issue of Propaganda - not sure what to do to ensure that I get tickets. I'm a little panicky and feeling like just signing up new!

um, i'm in the Uk and i just signed up using a UK address.
sure i got charges in dollars but that was the same as when i bought something else off u2.com. its jus converts the price on your credit card to whatever teh exchange rate is i presume

Are you sure people from the UK can't buy this membership? I thought it was just listed in US Currency but didn't think we couldn't buy it! I was just about to add it to the cart...

im in the UK - when you purchase it you can choose and UK billing and postal address so theres no reason you cant buy it just like you can buy everythign else off u2.com. just because its listed in dollars dosent mean its only available to the States - they'll convert it when charging your credit card

Money is tight and I am saving for the tour. If $40 guaranteed good seats I'd pay the fee but if it's just for extra downloads and news info I hope the fans will share that info here.

Hats Off to U2 for giving a discount to the prior Propoganda members!!!

This question is for other U.S. propaganda members who still have active subscriptions:

Are you going to wait for the letter with the $20 credit or do you think in the U.S. we aren't going to be offered that option?

Has anyone in the U.S. or any other country (other than the UK & Ireland) received the letter from Propaganda yet?

I'm not sure if I should wait or just say fuck it and pay the $40,

The only thing that I want is the priority ticketing. On that note I dont know what that entails, be it what seating, or how its going to work.

I've done priority seating with other bands before and its usually an allotment of tickets in EVERY price range that are available a day or two before the actual on-sale date.

They won't be alloting all the good seats to this "priority" system. At best it means all the pre-sales would be handled via U2.com.

nothing guarantees a good ticket or even a ticket at that, this tour is going to be nuts. I'm already dreading the stressful process of getting tickets, I usually have great luck especially online (have gotten front row Prince tickets the day they went onsale via Ticketmaster) but this tour is going to break records for one day sales and will undoubtedly sell out everywhere.

I just hope they spread out the on sale dates, because I would like to go to multiple shows and if they do them all at the same time theres no way Id be able to get decent tickets for all the shows I want to attend. Sob story but just how I feel about it.

That said, I think this $40 is worth it easily just for the priority ticketing alone. I dont care about website crap really.

Well i've bought it now. Hopefully will get something in the post like a welcome pack :)

The ticketing thing is the main reason for me buying it too, I just hope things go well. I also find the whole buying tickets very stressful!

Other fan clubs have had deadlines to purchase tickets - ie, only people who are members as of Dec 1 or Feb 1 or whatever can purchase in the presale.....

uwwedoogie said:
bottom line...will it be worth it...I'm gonna ask people about a month after they join and see what difference it has if your not subscribed

bobfrombob said:
Other fan clubs have had deadlines to purchase tickets - ie, only people who are members as of Dec 1 or Feb 1 or whatever can purchase in the presale.....

When the new website is published, that info will likely be mentioned on there. You're right though. there definitely will be a cutoff because undoubtedly there would be an influx of new members right before the presale.

the link isn't there any more. my boyfriend got a membership but when i went there, it was gone from the store. anyone else?

Vertigo Fly said:
Well i've bought it now. Hopefully will get something in the post like a welcome pack :)

The ticketing thing is the main reason for me buying it too, I just hope things go well. I also find the whole buying tickets very stressful!

I have bought it too, for the very same reason. When I was trying to tell a friend about it, it now seems to have been removed from the shop pages. Does anyone else find this?

ultrraviolette said:
Party Boy, on the main page click on Shop, it's there in the shop under All Products

I don't see it. All that's there now is t-shirts, a calendar and a lithograph. Am I missing it?

im in the uk and got my membership last night, the link has now mysteriously disappeared, i was a prop member throughout the 80's and early 90's but let it slip from then on..... i paid the $40, and so far have just got an email confirmation of my order....
U2 and fanclubs eh?!

Im totally confused. I have been a Prop member for years. I tried the change of address form a few weeks ago, and also the email contact form, havent heard back from anyone at all. :(
I also searched all over for my ID number with no luck, so I hope this doesnt screw up the whole procedure for me.
They should really have more info, and someone to help us if we are in this situation! Im worried :huh:

I registered today. Got a receipt via email. but what do you know, the link really did dissapear. Wonder whether that is a good or a bad sign :huh:

Back
Top Bottom