MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizer

War Child
MERGED-->Ipod Itunes ad!!!+Ipod commercial+U2 are brilliant

Just seen this ...stunning ad. full song in i-pod fashion. luv it luv it luv it

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that just about answers my question of if U2 would be doing some exculsives with Itunes :)

I love that ad so much. I really, really, really love it so much.

remember those Jet "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" Ipod ads? well it's that mixed with what seems like footage from the official video (or a unique performance) of Vertigo in the same visual style (though you can tell who's who instead of just Black Silhouette on colored background). It's pretty goddamn cool and I'm looking forward to seeing this commercial being overplayed

Xavier

Oh my goodness! There's some facial movement from Larry. He says hola, (kinda angrily)...:shifty:
And was that an open shirt Bono at one point? :hyper:

I don't think this is the official video. This doesn't appear to be the stuff shot in spain...

Nah, this isn't the official video. It's just a promo for Vertigo on iTunes.

Anyone else thinking that the rumored "I.T. Company" that's suppose to sponsor the tour is Apple? :)

gorman said:
Nah, this isn't the official video. It's just a promo for Vertigo on iTunes.

Anyone else thinking that the rumored "I.T. Company" that's suppose to sponsor the tour is Apple? :)

That was the first thing I thought of as well

U2dork said:
Oh my goodness! There's some facial movement from Larry. He says hola, (kinda angrily)...:shifty:
And was that an open shirt Bono at one point? :hyper:

I don't think this is the official video. This doesn't appear to be the stuff shot in spain...

Yeah, I can't believe Larry actually moves and opens his mouth.

That alone might be worth the $.99.

I've extracted them from the store, but they're fairly big - 7MB for the TV ad, and 30MB for the extended version. Otherwise, I'd host both.

For now though, I'll put up the TV ad, and maybe someone can host the extended version later on.

Here's the TV ad: http://g0rman.com/U2-Vertigo-iTMS-TV.mov

That will be up for a limited time though, as I need my bandwidth :)

Please don't download this from me unless you absolutely can't get it through iTunes! Thanks!

Last edited:
That was actually a lot better than I first thought when I read this. The guys are lookin' pretty money, very cool indeed.

Wow this is really awesome!!

There is somekind of "The Matrix" effect in it, you see the camera fly around the band, and then sooming in at Bono.

This is really cool

Maybe it's just a part of the new video, i don't think this is only made especially for Itunes, it's looking to professionaly for being just an ad.

Herco said:
Wow this is really awesome!!

There is somekind of "The Matrix" effect in it, you see the camera fly around the band, and then sooming in at Bono.

This is really cool

Maybe it's just a part of the new video, i don't think this is only made especially for Itunes, it's looking to professionaly for being just an ad.

Actually, all of the iTunes ads have this look to 'em, and are all extremely professional. This is the first one to include footage of members of a band, but it's definitely part of the same series of ads. The entire extended video is made using this same style, and I think it's pretty clear that it was made specifically for the iTunes+iPod+Vertigo ad. From what we know about the "official" video, it's nothing like this.

I still love it though :)

The more I watch it the more I really like it. There's just something very cool about it's style.

I think it's just for the ad, I-Tunes is big business, so I'm not surprised about the quality of it.

But i can certainly see any influences of the directors, you can see same sort of visual graphics as with the The White Stripes.

I think it's shotted in Spain, just to have that lights, and that target to distract us. But on U2.com there saying that they wanted to make a graphic based clip.

‘The hardest thing to do when you’ve been around a few years is to surprise people,’ explains Bono, recalling U2 videos of the past. ‘We’ve made all kinds of videos over the years with, er, uneven results. High-concept, story, abstract… but we’ve never done a video that has a graphic arts background which is where Alex and Martin come from. ‘

The band met Courtes and Fougerol in France during the summer, having come across earlier work like The White Stripes’ video for “Seven Nation Army”. Their graphic treatment for “Vertigo”, the appeal of a clean, direct execution, grabbed the band’s interest. In keeping with the musical and lyrical atmosphere of the song, the directors want to evoke ‘the state of paranoia into which we have been plunged today.’

‘It’s against clutter,’ adds Bono. ‘There seems to be so much clutter everywhere. Turn on music television there’s big cluttered sets, people walking round with clutter around their necks, great cluttered award shows… so this is our attempt to empty the frame and make a very graphic arts based video.’

I really think the video will be the same, without those dancing I-Pod listeners.

Dang! I can't download quicktime for some reason.. anybody got this in real video??

Cheers,
Jim

Trust me, this isn't the official video or even part of it. All of the iTunes commercials have this graphical style and feel, and have been on TV constantly for months.

To see other iTunes commercials that use this same style, check this out: http://www.apple.com/ipod/ads/

We'll see it saturday, but i have the feeling it will be the same style as the video. In the other clips you mentioned there isin't the band also performing, just people dancing on it.

But if it's the real deal, i think it's really original and time-ahead again, it will blast the song out of the screen with all those colours. It's like nothin' else these days on MTV.

Maybe i'm wrong, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Hmmm...if iTunes sponsors the tour, imagine the day after a show being able to download it off iTunes.

One can dream....

I'm with Herco, here. I think the footage of the band playing was shot for the video. Of course it won't look that way on the official video (it will be more conventional, without all those colours), but the style fits the descriptions we've heard (lots of circular motion).

Either way, if the video can capture the sort of energy the band displays here, it should be bloody great.

Last edited:
If you look in the reflection of Bono's glasses, you can tell that this is not from the Spanish shoot. This was shot in a studio...

Wow, check out the main page of Apple.com: http://www.apple.com/

That's some promo.

Since the TV clip is on their site, I'm going to stop hosting it. Maybe I'll put up the extended version in a little bit though :)

Last edited:
Thanks Gorman!

How can you save the clip to your harddrive from the I-tunes site, it's just streaming into I-tunes, but i want to save it.

Back
Top Bottom