MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jaxx said:

Nah, I wasn't there. I just collected all the evidence, put my brilliant mind to work and came to that conclusion. In other words, I'm guessing.:wink:

Still, I think it's a very educated guess. In fact, if I turn out to be wrong, I promise to go out and buy a Maroon 5 CD to punish myself.:huh:

Dude, I believe you, no need to punish yourself like that...

Jaxx said:
Ok, let's get this straight. The shots of the band seen on the itunes ad are are from the shoot in Spain. They may be outtakes, they may be in the actual video, we don't know. But, either way, the official video will look nothing like the itunes ad. It won't have the same graphic style, the band will not appear as silluetes, and we'll certainly be seeing the Spanish desert scenery (they went there for a reason, after al).

I think that's the general consensus here, after the debate we've been having this afternoon.:wink:

Thank you. I think Jaxx nailed it.

I can't see the video because I have Windows 98...is there some other way to see the video? I really want to see it and was willing to pay the $.99, but then it said that I couldn't download iTunes because I don't have the right system. Help me...please? I want to see the video! :sad:

U2 are brilliant

I just saw the "Vertigo" iPod add on MTV2 and I realized what a world of good that will do for the band and for iPod. "Vertigo" will be a hit and so will iTunes. Thank heavens U2 have finally done something smart for this album (what with the name and cover)!

They just showed the ad..

Now that should get some buzz for the new album.. mostly good.

Boston is getting beaten down by the Yankees.. again.

Go Cardinals.

Last edited:
OMG I just saw it on TV for the first time ever.. :drool: I haddnt even read this thread yet :|

HOW COOL!!

Jet did this with "are you gonna be my girl" and that song exploded over here - I think this is a brilliant marketing stratagy on both U2's and Apple's part. Not to mention the ad is just freakin cool. This a way for U2 to get to people who no longer listen to the radio because of mp3 players etc. Brilliant.

Saw it 3 times on 3 different channels - between 8 & 9pm central. That was different. :ohmy: Trying to find a commercial.:wink: Just awesome is all I can say - oh and fun. :bow:
They give me something I can feel. yeah yeah yeah yeah :dance:

Back
Top Bottom