MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ad will debut tonight during the Red Sox-Yankees baseball game. That will give it some serious exposure.

On the other hand, should U2 shill for a corporate giant?

Isn't it nice that we're back to arguing over silly stuff? :yes:

Even if this is some of the Spain footage, the actual video is not likely to look the same. Especially since there are similarly themed ads with different artists.

U2SJ said:
Thanks Gorman. However after it downloads it sais Click the program you want to use. Then i choose Windows media player, and then it takes me there but sais Cannot open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.
:sad: :scream: :huh:

You need Quicktime. Get it here:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

U2dork. Yup, it's fun arguing over silly stuff. But until someone leaks this thing, that's pretty much all we can do here. We really need a leak, fast, so we can start some seriously nasty discussions about which songs suck/rock, which should be played live/dropped, etc.:wink:

Ok thanks Jaxx. I only have windows media here at work and we cant download quicktime :(
I will try at home tonite!

edgeu22 said:
The ad will debut tonight during the Red Sox-Yankees baseball game. That will give it some serious exposure.

On the other hand, should U2 shill for a corporate giant?

thanks for the info, didnt know that. Thats great news, so many people will be tuned into watch that series (me included). I think we'll see a jump in I-Tunes and radio airplay in the States after tonight. That's how big this ad can be. This is in no way selling out, IMO, if they put VERTIGO in the next Lexus commercial, then we can start a discussion. This is promoting their music, not promoting a product. btw, I love in the graphics how the mic and guitar cord is white.

Last edited:
From u2.com
The ad is:
A cross between Apple's acclaimed ‘Silhouette’ ads and a music video, it begins airing in the U.S. tonight.

Alright, so I'm probably wrong...
:eek: :)

Before anyone says it, and someone will, it is not in poor taste for the band to be doing this commercial.

Why?

The I-pod is a MUSIC player.
I-tunes is a MUSIC store.
U2 plays music.
You can buy their music at I-tunes.

It's no different than if they did their own 30 second spot for the song, except that Apple is paying for the ad... Smart move by the band.

I think U2 enjoy being associated with what is a rather cutting edge aspect of the music industry. With ZooTV and PopMart they were clearly interested in technology and music intertwining, so this is kind of a natural extension of that. It's more like an advertisement for where the music industry is headed (digital) as opposed to an advertisement for a product.

this is brilliant. apple + u2 = beautiful union of two of my most favorite things in life! this is an amazingly smart move by the band. no only are they getting there new single all over tv, but they are indeed aligning themselves with the cutting edge of music technology. lars take note - u2 is doing the right thing here and i guarantee it will pay off big time for them.

I think its a great marketing approach. No one has ever done it and the greatest band in the world is embracing it. Excellent!!
I have a feeling that the album may be released in similar fashion.

HOLY CRAP!

I LOVE IT!!! That is the coolest thing U2 has ever done! We're are going to have everyone going crazy for Vertigo now.

God bless those Spanish guys. They're all over U2 like a fat kid on a tootsie pop.

Back
Top Bottom