MERGED--> ALL I-TUNES/I-POD VERTIGO COMMERCIAL DISCUSSION HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH I hope Apple is a sponsor on this tour. Chiat/Day does all the apple advertising spots and Apple NEVER looks uncool. Not the ads. Not the TV spots. Not the packaging your i-pod comes in. If only all corps. would let creativity reign the way apple does...

Now that I've watched a few times I wish someone would have had the guts to completely black them out.

Then you get the whole "yeah, it's U2, but they're so cool we don't even show them." effect. Like the shot of Bono yelling from the side. Black it out! If you know the band, you know it's them. If not, well it's hella cool and you want more.

(and the ad purist in me says they've blacked everyone out up to now, why stop?)

I understand that the marketing dept. and band management would probably never approved that...

Last edited:
Any way you can post a direct link to download this full ad? I am stuck at work for the next 9 hours and cannot use bit torrent. I am dying here to see it. I can get it in a few minutes then you can take link away.

Oops, that link is fixed.

charleswise: Turn on private messaging on Interference, and I'll send you a private link to it (not the torrent) :)

Gorman: I don't know what is wrong with my computer. It says that the file does not longer exist.:(

I can't PMed you, cause I'm not the premium member. Here's my e-mail: riderka@centrum.sk
Could you please send me the link? :bow: I will not post that link anywhere.

On the 2 min version, there seems to be more layers of guitar on the last section? Is this a slightly different version or is my original mp3 of the song just not as good quality??

Cheers,
Jim

The MP3 of Vertigo that's out there has very poor audio quality even though it was encoded 256 vbr. There are more issues with it than the bitrate.

Also, the version in the new iTunes add doesn't include either of the two minisolos, or the bridge and harmonics.

U2 are oozing with style and attitude. I'm loving it. It's so nice to see them loosen up a bit. They've always been a bit stiff, but all four are in good form here:

Larry throwing down his drumsticks
Edge's aggresive strumming and jumping!
Bono looks like he's been taking pilates...
and most of all
Adam grooving like the bad-ass he is

Argh, I can't see the ad on Itunes because my computer isn't Windows 2000 or XP.

The TV version is on Apple's site. Just click the huge U2-related image on the main page of http://www.apple.com

As for the full version, I linked a torrent for it in an earlier post. It's also available through the iTunes music store. If all of those things fail, PM or e-mail me (gorman@modblog.com)

Does any one else prefer the two minute version of Vertigo to the radio mix?

It's like a little bundle of energy that just keeps motoring along.

I love it.

The clip is awesome as well.

elfyx said:
U2 are oozing with style and attitude. I'm loving it. It's so nice to see them loosen up a bit. They've always been a bit stiff, but all four are in good form here:

Larry throwing down his drumsticks
Edge's aggresive strumming and jumping!
Bono looks like he's been taking pilates...
and most of all
Adam grooving like the bad-ass he is

wow, i agree, damn, im blown away...I just checked this link with no excitement thinking it was just an ad, but this is great!! The band look cool as hell and so energetic, and then when you think it cant get better, after the song larry throws his drumsticks down!! Rock N' Roll.

Back
Top Bottom