MERGED--> All Fast Cars Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thnking that...this album rocks so hard, and it doesnt have the "exciting" song on it even. Am I dreaming ??

Well today we got to hear the entire album!! Lets not get to greedy and just wait for fast cars. I'm sure it will arrive fast enough.

I would love to have fast cars.

I want to make a CD-R of the album with fast cars on it. Right now, I'm just listening to the album on my Sony ipod thingy and my computer.

Ok, I'm just being greedy.

Well, since i don't have anything but vertigo and i am desperate for it, i think i am going to leave my address all over the places (no one is replying anymore in the requests thread).

Please drop the bomb (except vertigo) in:

rgirao@mail.telepac.pt

thank you so much

There's also Mercy, the 4 bonus songs (all acoustic?) on the collectors edition, the contents of the DVDs, and all of the unreleased tracks from the digital box set.

I'm guessing that Fast Cars will leak within a few days, but I doubt anything else will until the 22nd/23rd, which I'm just fine with!

There's plenty of new U2 to come :)

Do we have confirmation regarding Fast Cars?

This has probably already been answered elsewhere and I've simply missed or forgotten the answer in amongst all the hype of Hut Dab leaking, but is it a certainty that Fast Cars will be included on all of the deluxe editions (CD+DVD+Book)?

I ask because I was going to go ahead and preorder that on an Australian music website, but then I noticed that the tracklist didn't include Fast Cars. However, I thought Fast Cars was going to be on deluxe editions EVERYWHERE. Some sites seem to say it is while others say that it isn't.

What is the reality? Do we even know?

No kidding!! Why can't they just TELL US!

Trust me, you wouldn't want to see me at home when I find out I bought the super duper deluxe edition only to find that Fast Cars is nowhere to be heard.

Question about Fast Cars (bonus track)

So there will be a bonus track on HTDAAB:

Bonus Audio Track: (Japan / UK / Vinyl)
Fast Cars (3:44)

My question:

I bought both Vertigo CD singles and the DVD, I was thinking of getting the US box set. Fast cars isn't on either or these.

Does anyone know if Fast Cars will be available on anything else? (other than the $149 Apple discography?)

Should I just order the UK or Japan box set, or will it be a B-side on a future single or something?

Thanks a lot!!

It is supposed to be on the collectors editions according to amazon.com on the DVD. But for your information amazon.com is sold out of Collectors Editions....but it should also be on the Deluxe Edition as well.

Often we get the UK bonus tracks on the standard Australian edition CDs anyway (except the new Cure album :mad: ).

But even if the standard edition doesn't have Fast Cars, I imagine they'll only have ONE deluxe version that is identical worldwide.

I think the only Fast Cars confirmation we have is for the collectors edition, which was confirmed by Bono when a fan asked him. Hopefully in the next few days there will be a full track listing posted for all versions. It is kind of weird that there isn't already.

gorman said:
I think the only Fast Cars confirmation we have is for the collectors edition, which was confirmed by Bono when a fan asked him. Hopefully in the next few days there will be a full track listing posted for all versions. It is kind of weird that there isn't already.

I'm not sure whether to take Bono's word for this one or not. There definitely needs to be an announcement, and soon.

(The collectors one is CD+DVD+Book, right? I get confused with the different terms being applied to different releases. It seems they change from site to site, store to store.)

Edit: a thread title here seems to have answered my question and the collectors edition is just CD+DVD. You would think that if it's on that, it would be on the one with the book too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom