MERGED--> ALL DISCUSSION U2 on Conan O' Brian this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool: that would be soemthing,
I dont want to get my hopes up though & think of all the wacky things can do while on Conan...but I cant help it :hyper:
Cony by himself is pure gold :up:

now add four irish men...:hmm:....and you've quadrupled it all :dance:

That's the rumor. NBC has now blocked all hallways into the studio. Very tight lipped show at the moment.

nice that they tightened up in there. i'd love for stuff to still be a surprise when I watch it... though Edge doing the year 2000 would be pretty cool too.

he should do the walker texas ranger lever..except do bad u2 video moments.....Bono Mullet...etc.

I just saw this on atu2.com:

"Update: ... Also during pre-production, Edge was rehearsing a "Year 2000" comedy sketch with Conan. More to come!"

:ohmy: :hyper:

elevation2u said:
the possibilites are endless,
i just want larry to come out of his shell and do something unexpectedly funny...show us his acting skills :wink:

and the general public can see Adam talk too

most of my friends think he's a mute, lol

BEVERLY56 said:
Trying to find out what station shows the reruns of the late night show, it used to be CNBC but I just found this on the web:

The network will also replace "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" with a new business show at 7 p.m. that will debut in the third quarter.

Both moves are part of a repositioning of CNBC's primetime back to the network's focus on financial news and away from failed attempts at entertainment, according to the report.

Yeah, they don't rerun it on CNBC anymore :grumpy:.

corianderstem said:
Oh, good. The setlist bitching has begun before they even aired the show.

Come ON, people.

:rolleyes:

Haha! Too True.

Original w/ live strings, and Stuck with live horns sounds FANTASTIC to me.

I can't WAIT!

I have my timer set (for Friday morning, as it'll be Friday morning here on the West coast when it comes on), but I'm going to attempt to stay up that late. I can handle being uber-tired at work tomorrow. I do work in the land of caffeine. :wink:

What is this year 2000 thing? I'm curious now. They seemed to have played some pretty lackluster songs but at least the sketch is interesting!?

I am making a huge iced coffee for myself right now. I must stay awake.. MUST stay awake.

11pm: Watch Daily show
..then maybe some Letterman... (more iced coffee?)

and finally.. our boys!!

Zootlesque said:

Wow. They played the worst possible songs! And not one classic.

:down:

Negative Post number 20002............well people always say I'm the negative one, so its my turn to point this out.

By the way......what did you expect from U2(2005).......they're hardly gonna surprise these days, are they? Looks like the only song worth seeing would be OOTS.:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

Negative Post number 20002............well people always say I'm the negative one, so its my turn to point this out.

:tsk:

The difference is that I don't mindlessly bash them in every post like you do. I look at the good, the bad AND the ugly! :wink:

rjhbonovox said:

By the way......what did you expect from U2(2005).......they're hardly gonna surprise these days, are they? Looks like the only song worth seeing would be OOTS.:wink:

U2(2005) as you so put it, could've at least played some fun songs (for an upbeat show like Conan's) like COBL, LAPOE or Beautiful Day if they wanted to stick with the 00s material. I just think that Stuck In A Moment and OOTS are boring for such an occasion. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:
U2(2005) as you so put it, could've at least played some fun songs (for an upbeat show like Conan's) like COBL, LAPOE or Beautiful Day if they wanted to stick with the 00s material. I just think that Stuck In A Moment and OOTS are boring for such an occasion. :shrug:

I agree, they could have picked much better songs from the 00's

and being critical of some of u2's music does not constitute bashing imo.

Back
Top Bottom