MERGED--> All Because Of You Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
ABOY=The Who!!!

The guitar riffs, Bono's scream, this song sounds like it could come straight from The Who. I see that as an excellent thing, considering they're my second favorite band. This song rocks so much, Bono's scream would make Roger Daltrey proud :wink:

Yes, indeed the guitars sound quite a bit like The Who but even more with Jumping Jack Flash's riff.

And Bono's scream defenitly remind me of Won't Get Fooled Again!!! :hyper:

At first when people were saying that this song rocked based on that BBC recording, I coulden't see it at all for the exception of the solo. But now I obviously do. Larry rocks here too. This song is going to follow Vertigo live, I'm telling you. :yes:

Is FAR BETTER than I expected, thats all I can say at the moment. Influence from The Who, no doubt it sounds a bit similar.

i wrote in my review that its like the Who made a cameo on this record...I thought the leaks were good, the album version is go great!!

the album version completely kicks the ass of the live versions

all because of you- out of place?

this is not meant to be a negative thread.

i'm just wondering if anyone else when listening to the album straight through thinks all because of you sound so out of place?

not that it should not be on the album, i like the song- it just seems to not fit with the mood of any of the others songs, except for vertigo. i think if you just moved it to the second track, and left the rest the same. i'm listening to the album for about the 8th time today, and i found my self skipping aboy.

i certainly see why there was a lot of debate among the band about the tracklisting.

Hi,

I'm also skipping that one...though it seems to be a favorite. I dont get it really.

To

Hmm, I think its position on the album is very good - putting the two rockers together at the start would make the rest of the album seem a bit soft.

Am I the only one who couldn't give a STUFF about placement? I don't care if songs flow to one another, it doesn't affect me at all. I treat each song as a completely seperate entity. Anyone else feel the same way?

I think song placement is everything. Especially on the following albums:

Unforgettable Fire
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Pop

ATYCLB was a collection of songs with a few similar themes, but I don't think it could have been entirely cohesive with the songs included in any order. Bono himself said it was designed as a collecion of singles. I think Zooropa was supposed to be a little meandering, and Rattle and Hum was a scrapbook. The early days just lacked the sophistication, although Boy does have a narrative quality to it.

I love All Because of You.. I really think it fits with the new U2 (anyone who says this sound is the same as anything before is TOTALLY wrong.. if anything its an attempt at Zooropa/Pop again but coming out very different and unique, again.. U2 at their experimental best)

bcrt2000 said:
I love All Because of You.. I really think it fits with the new U2 (anyone who says this sound is the same as anything before is TOTALLY wrong.. if anything its an attempt at Zooropa/Pop again but coming out very different and unique, again.. U2 at their experimental best)

the itunes performance sounded like a rattle and hum outtake, almost like desire. but with the album version.....uncharted territory for sure. :yes:

I like how a translation of the hebrew word "Yahweh" (the name of God) is literally "I am."

"All because of you, I am."

Back
Top Bottom