MERGED --> Album Cover on Amazon + New album cover here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hawk269 said:
To be honest, I don't get this album cover at all. How can they use something so basic for an album that took four years to make? So much work went into it - I expected something deeper and *bigger* in its concept.

I expected more, too. But it is U2 and everything is done for a reason. I suspect another major image change is in the works.

Guys, I don't think that's them sitting against a wall. If you look closely it looks like beams of wood behind them and clouds in the background. I think that's not a wall... but the sky! Maybe they're even sitting on a bomb!!! Ok that's a stretch heh heh...

By the way, the album cover is a little too simple for my tastes, but I think Bono looks darn cool there!!!

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
Guys, I don't think that's them sitting against a wall. If you look closely it looks like beams of wood behind them and clouds in the background. I think that's not a wall... but the sky! Maybe they're even sitting on a bomb!!! Ok that's a stretch heh heh...

Actually I think you may be right.

(So you type in How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb in Amazon.com and you get 3,612 entries in Books and 1 in Music.)

(Sales Rank @ 105)

UKTan said:

Am I the only one who saw this and thought of The Terminator? :huh: :)

edited to say: oops, obv not

LOL, if you think that looks like The Terminator you should see him in his leathers riding a Harley.

what makes everybody here think this is the actual album cover? It's just a stupid promo alubm cover from a photoshoot with some very half assed photoshop additions. This is not the official album cover people! You are not going to see it this early. Even for a promo shot it still sucks.

I actually like it. Its different from other U2 covers and most of the stuff currently out there, I think it stands out. Just seems to match the album title for me for some reason. I wasnt wild about the album title when I heard it, but the artwork fits. Now I just need to hear the album!!! :) Then I will know for sure!

I remember when The Joshua Tree was announced back in 87. I was like The What??? LOL Then I saw the cover and it seemed to fit to me for some reason. I just have a feeling this album will be the same way.

Last edited:
It's very:
pic_discography_mick.jpg

while we're at it, I think Anton C. went for the "Road To Ruin" LP-look by the Ramones:

ramonesb.jpg

probably with The Clash's "Spanish Bombs" on the playback during the shoot as well ...

I wonder why "Gang of Four" has never been mentioned as an influence in this matter..:wink:

klappie

It's not the cover. Amazon never even said it's the cover. Plus, why the hell would U2 premiere the new cover on Amazon and not U2.com? Seems hardly logical to me!

P.S this promo pic sucks AND blows!

I have to admit, if this is in fact the cover, I'm not too thrilled about it. Don't get me wrong, the band certainly have that "Try and catch us" look going on, but I just don't think that it lives up to what we have come to expect. I don't care much for the square within a square aspect of it, either.

I also don't quite understand how you can have such an interesting title and then reference it in no way visually. I'm not saying that we need an A-bomb dropping over some city or anything, but something a little more distinct would be nice. But then again as I'm typing this, the calm, relaxed look of the band does contradict the words. So maybe it'll work.

Wow. I just wasted everyone's time with this post...

james

Last edited:
I agree with the person who said earlier that it looks like they're sitting on an A-Bomb.

(There would be your visual reference to the Album Title).

They are sitting on a flat surface. What kind of bomb would that be exactly? What a stretch some of you guys are making. :)

I don't think that is the album cover. Look at Bono's head. Looks photoshopped. Perhaps by someone at the label, making promo work.

If it is indeed the album cover, what a waste of the use of a brilliant photographer. That picture from the calendar is awesome. This picture seems effortless and not in that "artsy" good type of effortlessness or whatever.

But then again, the single artwork is cheese, and it was real, so maybe it is real.

I'd like to see the boys in a bomb shelter getting drunk and all four of them taking a dump on a lifesize picture of Rollins. But then agian, there is a reason I don't do photoshoots.

you know what's really weird? i if you look behind them, especially bono and larry ... you can see shadows covering the "clouds." if it was supposed to be "in the air," there cleary would be no shadows. three possible explanations:
1. album cover designer messed up
2. this is a fake
3. the clouds are supposed to be some kind of art/wallpaper behind them

I dont know how people are not feeling this album cover. I think its incredible. I dont want some fancy design for an album cover, this is real punk rock. Just like the ramones cover someone had up. I think the band looks bad ass, but naming this album HTDAAB and posing like this on the cover, you know the album is going to be baddass. I love Edge's look, the whole band looks pissed!!

Sorry to be a dunce (as well as a late joiner), but has anyone noticed the CD +DVD box set that is being offered at Amazon UK? (sorry, can't post links as under 15 posts....not for long though):(

Here i go all negative again...

If this is the real LP cover i'd think U2 has gone nuts by playing like this with the fans.

This "cover" is horrible. Antoin Corbjin is a genius... That can't be his work...

One of the worst covers i've seem. Ever.

The HTDAAB Cover

What do you guys think of the cover? I was kinda expecting a AB style cover...but what do you think?

B0006399FS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom