MERGED --> ABOY Video + ABOY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's ok... nothing really earth shattering from the guys, but it'll fit the type of song (simple, and to the point).

I don't see why everybody has a problem with Vertigo, I like it. Where else could they have gone with such a short and rocking song?

havent seen it yet but looking forward to seeing it...Canada winning world jr gold was more important to me then seeing the video on ABC....maybe they should have debuted it on Canadian TV I wouldnt have minded.

Lame move, U2

Well, the boys just took another step to becoming The Rolling Stones...

They allowed ABC to severely edit ABOY and splice Orange Bowl highlights throughout the video - and they call it a "World Pemiere"?

Lame guys. Just plain lame.

U2 is bigger and better than that.

Bono's shades said:
A U2 video mixed with football highlights? Blech. That's a thousand times worse than the U.S. video for Stuck in a Moment.

Really, then how can you say this:

I have nothing against football - I even watch it sometimes and I love the fact that U2 played the Super Bowl halftime show - but mixing U2 and football this way is just cheesy.[/B]

But that makes the Super Bowl cheezy also. So how do you really feel? :eyebrow:

(USA) Football reaches an incredible US audience, and It's brilliant marketing by Paul Mc. and the guy's. IMO. :cool:

Would it be any different if it were in the UK and marketed to soccer fans? Just different clips, that's all.

This made exactly the impression it should have.
I had numerous people calling me - knowing the U2 fan that I am, to let me know (like I wouldn't, but it was nice of them anyway)

Edited to say: We'll see how the record sales are. :heart:

Last edited:
If the recent week in USA album sales has anything to say about things....U2 need to do even more promotion so I dont blame them for going on things that reach a wide audience of people.

Unfortunatly most people probably turned the game off by halftime since it was such a blowout.

the link for it on ESPN doesn't work for me.

:sad:

Anywhere else I could see it?

I still think the video is awesome!

I actually like the song MORE now :shrug: for some
strange reason

The video is sooooooo good
:)

I was disappointed it wasn't the whole thing, but I am not against them being spliced in with football for the Orange bowl, it is pubilcity and it's an honor they were wanted! I can't wait to see the real video though!

Welcome back great and "cool" videos... (I mean after the ATYCanLB's very weak videos)

Vertigo video is great, ABOY video is great (even if it's only U.S. video - I gues there will be a diferent version over here since we're going to have SYCMOYO as the next single)... wow, I can't wait for the rest...:yes:

link directly to the video...
http://mfile.akamai.com/10474/wmv/e...10474/U2_allbecauseofyou.wm9_300k.no_logo.wmv

Last edited:
Aboy ??

Hello everyone,
first off happy new year to all hgope you had a safe and happy holiday season. My was perfect although i was sad to hear the horrible news about the disaster in Asia but thats another topic all together!

Anyways I been trying to watch the vidoe for ABOY and all i get is sound but no video :-( i really dont know why i think that its because it is a wmv format? i am wondering if anyone has the video in MPEG format that they could yousend it to me perhaps/ I am dying to see the video! thank you so much in advance!

Nico

LOL Headache! :up:

it seems to me that the most people who are against the
video are ppl with less than 100 posts, i dont know
why that is......

Come on people, it´s a great fun video! Dont be so melodramatic

:)

AWESOME VIDEO!!!!

I love it! I was kinda hoping that they would go to a clip of the free concert, but it is really cool nonetheless.

Instructions for Watching Video

1. Print out this picture
flatbed8.jpg

2. Put How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb into CD player.

3. Put on All Because of You

4. Move picture around your desk like it was actually moving.

5. Repeat.

Great, fun video, though i found the crowd/street noises drowned out the song in too many places and was a bit annoying (but not as annoying as the freakin' plane sounds in BD vid). Maybe it's just my headphones.

Super cool video,, Loved it

The Vertigo video was very cool too, but i love when you can see peoples reactions to the band. Makes me all warm and .... :blahblah: What the hell am i talking about.... Nomatter what the the video kicks serious ass,

I just finished watching the stream... It took me about half an hour. You wait for a minute and than see 2 secs of the video...:mad:

Still waiting for some small file...

Back
Top Bottom