MERGED-->A Play-by-Play of Dave Fanning's Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
A Play-by-Play of Dave Fanning's Show

Do one of you kind Irish folk want to do a play-by-play of the Dave Fanning Show for those of us left out?

Is there gonna be a huge lead up to Vertigo? Are they going to play a marathon, because if that's the case, I might stay up until 3am to absorb the full experience!

I will give you a blow by blow account of what happens on the show if you like. I'll be tuning in in 5 hours. :up:

he usually just plays the song near the end of his set, i dont think he'd have a u2 day or anything like that

Lara Mullen said:
I will give you a blow by blow account of what happens on the show if you like. I'll be tuning in in 5 hours. :up:

Will you be able to record Vertigo from the show? I don't think anyone has confirmed yet that they will be able to do so.

I think he's going to open up with Vertigo. BAM. And then close with it. BAM BAM. Maybe U2 will dial into the show, or even be there in person...

Well its only an hour and a half slot so you won't have to wait long to hear it. I think he'll rant on about it from 6 until 7.25 and then play it or keep the show running on. :up:

Gorman - I think I could record it really badly by holding the microphone to the speakers. :up:

Lara Mullen said:
Well its only an hour and a half slot so you won't have to wait long to hear it. I think he'll rant on about it from 6 until 7.25 and then play it or keep the show running on. :up:

Gorman - I think I could record it really badly by holding the microphone to the speakers. :up:

If you could, that'd be great! At least that way we'd know for 100% sure that we'll be able to hear it today, despite the quality. I think we're all use to making the most of lower quality recordings by now :)

achtung davy said:
he usually just plays the song near the end of his set, i dont think he'd have a u2 day or anything like that

thats why im tuning in from 6 until 7.30. thats what it says on the site.

btw: who does cheap flights here to spain? are aer lingus any good? I'm finding it really difficult to find a cheap flight. :|

gorman said:

If you could, that'd be great! At least that way we'd know for 100% sure that we'll be able to hear it today, despite the quality. I think we're all use to making the most of lower quality recordings by now :)

ok, i'll try my best.
im not a prem member anymore though so i cant post it here. can i email it to someone or send it to someone via msn?

we live on mountains which means we only get access to german/ spanish and a few british radio sations

i can only get 2fm by standing in my room with my aerial lead really straight.

:|

I live in Liverpool and i can't get 2FM on my radio, is it on another
bandwidth or could i get it through one of the sky channels.
Please Help!

its available between 90 -92 fm. on my lovely new hi-fi i get it on 90.4fm but its not too clear. its something to do with living here. i bet daithi has a better reception. I bet its really clear :angry:

I don't think you can get it on the sky radio :hmm:

it wont be long until you hear it.

yea we get it through ditigal cable so its realy good quality, could i get in shit if it was me who leaked to the internet?

achtung davy said:
yea we get it through ditigal cable so its realy good quality, could i get in shit if it was me who leaked to the internet?

i hate you. in a nice way.
i think im coming down to the town house later. :D

pittTodd said:
no you wont get in any trouble whatsoever...DO IT

we still have to wait 2 horusand 25 mins until the show starts.

:up:

Oh, it's very good. :drool:

Have you ever met people who say they are Irish because there next door neighbours friends best friends brother had a dog that came from Ireland so they have some Irish in their blood? :lol:

I have my aerial stretched out to my wall and blue tacked it on. I'm so sad. I even walked around the house trying to tune in another radio. I heard my sister calling me "freak", "weirdo" and "gimp" on the phone. :(

Back
Top Bottom