MERGED-->1,2,3,14?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bcrt2000 said:
1. Boy (1980)
2. October (1981)
3. War (1983)
4. Under a Blood Red Sky (1983)
5. The Unforgettable Fire (1984)
6. The Joshua Tree (1987)
7. Rattle and Hum (1988)
8. Achtung Baby (1991)
9. Zooropa (1993)
10. Pop (1997)
11. The Best of 1980 - 1990 (1998)
12. All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000)
13. The Best of 1990 - 2000 (2002)
14. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (2004)

now it wasn't that hard to count to 14, was it? :)

i'm shocked that people still are arguing over this.. i wish they didn't take down the old u2 site because it had the proper list of albums and stuff

edit: http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/album.html

the albums that i didn't count were the EP's.. the 14 that I counted are all LP's... (great, now I'm sounding like Edge)

Under a blood red sky is a live album, not a studio album. While Best of albums are a part of discography, they do not really count as full studio albums, so it's

Boy
October
War
UF
JT
RAH
AB
Zooropa
Pop
ATYCLB

Dismantle is no. 11.

you guys are actually, verifiably insane

1,2,3,14 is just a fun way of counting.

get it...instead of 1,2,3,4 they say 14

it's fun

there is no double meaning

sweet lord!

also, Bono says ¨unos¨which is incorrect when you are counting in spanish and basically means ¨some´when placed in front of a plural noun. I think he screws up. Someone said it was like ´eleven¨ well, no, it isn´t pronounced anything like eleven which is ¨once¨(on-thay or on-say, depending on your accent)

what is the difference between an LP and EP?

p.s. don't tell The Edge that I didn't know! :p

You guys really are on track with your theories, and only few people such as you have actually touched the inner meaning of 1,2,3,14, the true sanctum. One such example, "1,2,3,14" converted into morse code is .- ... -.. ..-. If you take the .'s and convert them to 0's and take the -'s and convert them to 1's, you get the binary number of 010001000010, which is 1090 in decimal. The year 1090 just happens to be 2 years after Christodoulos of Patmos, supported by Emperor Alexius I Komnenos, founded the monastery of Saint John the Theologian on Patmos. Only *4* years after the year 1090 AD... The First Crusade (1095-99) captured Jerusalem; and the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem begins. Now because the Crusade on Jerusalem happened only a short time after the crucial year 1090, we can convert the numbers 1,2,3,14 into the ancient hebrew alphabet, and we get Aleph Vov Daled Samech (because of the differences in alphabets, these might not be accurate translations). We take the letters, and convert them into one word. Alephvovdaledsamech -- which converted phonetically sounds like "A lef volv da leads a mech". We can then read these sounds into words, and we get "A left Volvo does leads a mech." Going further, we get "A left Volvo does lead the mechanics", or "A left Volvo does lead the mechanical industry". We can then read into it, that a "left Volvo", obviously a car made in a country where you drive on the left side of the road, will one day lead the mechanical, or automobile industry. Ford Motors Inc. must have found out about this information before I could disclose it to you -- for they just bought Volvo. Ford is obviously trying to change this age-old Hebrew prophecy, and claim the automobile industry for themselves! You must rally the people! To the top of Mount Sinai! We shall stop them yet! ARMAGEDDON HAS BEGUN!!!!!

1 - for their favorite song "One"
2 - for how many engines on a Boeing 777
3 - for how many people in the band who are not Bono
14 - for how many beanies Edge can wear at one time.

Simple really. :)

(edited for the wrong plane)

U2girl said:
LP = album

EP = single

Not entirely correct. It is true that LP is synonymous for an album (as the letters stand for Long Play), but an EP is not a single. EP stands for Extended Play and is longer than a single (has more songs). Of course, with the CD, all can be filled to 80 minutes (unless you're talking about the 3" CD singles). In the early days it did stand for a record with 4 - 6 songs on them with a running time around 20 minutes (that was in the day of the 3 - 4 minute songs, max). Nowadays it's probably more for records around 30 minutes.

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:

Not entirely correct. It is true that LP is synonymous for an album (as the letters stand for Long Play), but an EP is not a single. EP stands for Extended Play and is longer than a single (has more songs). Of course, with the CD, all can be filled to 80 minutes (unless you're talking about the 3" CD singles). In the early days it did stand for a record with 4 - 6 songs on them with a running time around 20 minutes (that was in the day of the 3 - 4 minute songs, max). Nowadays it's probably more for records around 30 minutes.

C ya!

Marty

So EP could be something like BD single with Always and Summer rain or Vertigo with Are you gonna wait forever, or it could be something like Wide awake in America, with more songs?

U2girl said:

So EP could be something like BD single with Always and Summer rain or Vertigo with Are you gonna wait forever, or it could be something like Wide awake in America, with more songs?

Yeah before the CD was invented and labels started issuing CD singles with more than one B-side, EP's were just "smaller" albums. They were still 33rpm sized albums with, in the case of WAIA, only had 4 songs on it. So techincally, you could say that the BD single or even the Target CD were both EP's, but really they don't exist much anymore because they don't have to.

WAIA is 2 live tracks with 2 previously unreleased tracks which woud all by itself define the Target CD, the Please single and countless other U2 released as EP's. I am not sure the labels even use the term anymore, but they might.

The argument that 1,2,3,14 has any signifigance to the number of albums U2 have made is silly.

Inner El Guapo said:

Yeah before the CD was invented and labels started issuing CD singles with more than one B-side, EP's were just "smaller" albums. They were still 33rpm sized albums with, in the case of WAIA, only had 4 songs on it. So techincally, you could say that the BD single or even the Target CD were both EP's, but really they don't exist much anymore because they don't have to.

WAIA is 2 live tracks with 2 previously unreleased tracks which woud all by itself define the Target CD, the Please single and countless other U2 released as EP's. I am not sure the labels even use the term anymore, but they might.

The argument that 1,2,3,14 has any signifigance to the number of albums U2 have made is silly.

the argument that it has no significance i think is even more silly. the number of LPs that U2 has done is 14, they include the two best ofs as well (and why wouldnt they? best of 1990-2000 included 2 totally new songs, 4 new mixes (pop era), and a slightly modified verison of Mysterious Ways) and the live albums from the 80's

Basstrap said:
you guys are actually, verifiably insane

Basstrap... I gotta have more cowbell! :wink:

No really, I think this is one of those things that U2 probably loves and at the same time hates about us fans....not every little thing they do can be profound! I'm sure they're having a few chuckles at us going nuts trying to makes sense of everything and put things in thier places. :crazy:

To the poster speaking about the Genesis theory...refresh my memory but isn't Gen 2:14 just a verse about the Tigris and the Euphrates Rivers? I know you didn't come up with it yourself you said but how on earth do people get from 1,2,3,14 to that?! :huh:

he is just referring to the number of pages that a thread on interference.com guessing the meaning of counting in spanish would have

Back
Top Bottom