"Mercy" - Where did this come from!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicBono said:
I just can't imagine hearing Mercy on the radio...it seems too, well, GOOD for that. It had better be on the next album. It's better than anything from the last two albums and in my top 25. Amazing.

ya, i guess you're right. I guess I said that to show how strong the song is. The beginning of it gives me the chills, and Adam's bass :drool:

"Love is come again...I'll be gone again...again...." that part is incredible.

salim117 said:
I put it up as well. I do fear that our having this song kills its chance of it being on the next album.

Do you? Does the band even KNOW we have it? I will personally tell Bono that if U2 doesn't put Mercy on the next album, Interference will boycott U2 :wink:

except that would never happen...because Mercy is going to be on the next album.

...do you really think the fact that we have the song now means it won't be on the next album?! Now you've got me all paranoid! Surely not, I mean, only the diehards have it, it's probably not even all over the file sharing programs... do we need to contain this song? :huh:

AtomicBono said:

Surely not, I mean, only the diehards have it, it's probably not even all over the file sharing programs... do we need to contain this song? :huh:

haha! I got it from Shareaza, the #1 p2p file sharing software out there. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

haha! I got it from Shareaza, the #1 p2p file sharing software out there. :wink:

I've never heard of that :scratch:

Do you think U2 will choose not to put it on the album because it leaked? :sad:

Well, remember how Vertigo sounded at the beginning of the record? It was Native Son, completely different. I hope they don't change Mercy too much, it's fine the way it is. :drool:

Zootlesque said:
:lol: I don't know. But even if they don't, at least we have the song. :wink:

true, but if it's not on an album we'll never hear it live... live it could be as good as Bad.

Although it would be kind of interesting if the song became some sort of fan treasure that no one else knew about... an underground classic... that's sort of what it is now, I guess.

Still, I'd rather have it on an album. With a song like this it could be U2's best song ever...hopefully they will at least gain inspiration from this song and write similiarly amazing songs. But not songs that sound the same, cuz that would be uncool. and people would be like "all these songs sound the same." which would suck.

I think I need to go to bed :lol:

i think i already posted in this thread...but im listening to this song a lot lately. and i think it's better than every song on the album (i like the album pretty well). it's got lyrics that have something that's missing in the lyrics on the rest of the album, even if a few lines are clunky. and the vocals are such pure, sincere, unforced passion. i dont care what kind of music they make, but if their next album is made with the same attitude and passion i'll love it :drool:

VertigoGal said:
i think i already posted in this thread...but im listening to this song a lot lately. and i think it's better than every song on the album (i like the album pretty well). it's got lyrics that have something that's missing in the lyrics on the rest of the album, even if a few lines are clunky. and the vocals are such pure, sincere, unforced passion. i dont care what kind of music they make, but if their next album is made with the same attitude and passion i'll love it :drool:

Amen, VertigoGal... AMEN! :drool:

VertigoGal said:

Pop life!! :up: I agree 100%

Mercy is great, if it was just a b-side i think it would have been on the unrealeased and rare album. Speaking of which, I had Mercy, Neon Lights, Levitate, Smile, Love you like mad, xanax and wine etc downloaded and they seem to have disappeared. Can anyone send me any of these tracks? I am thinking about buying the whole catalogue from itunes but seems a bit sttep as I already have all the albums. I loved Levitate and Smile so if anyone could send me any of the above tracks or anything from Unreleased and Rare to the_red@o2.ie Id really appreciate it.

got some tracks, thanks for that sanchez, some of the links didnt work though. still looking for levitate, native son, love you like mad, mercy, flower child or anything else that might be around............

I've been hating myself the past week, because I accidentally deleted this song and everything else I had in the same folder from my harddrive.

Being an avid lover of this song, would someone mind replacing it for me? :D

lancemc@comcast.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom