Mercy Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkmoon72

The Fly
I don't know how Mercy or Fast Cars did not make the cut for the album ... but ... is Mercy going to be a B-Side to a single? The only one I can see seem to find has a lot of static. Great tune.

While the Bomb is a great album ... we might be talking masterpiece more readily had the boys thought to include these two tunes on it.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that "Mercy" will be a future B-side. Bono has openly referred to it as such...let's just hope he's not side-stepping the truth, as per usual! A cleaned-up, mastered version would indeed be most welcome.

i think the fact that 'mercy' wasn't included in the digital box set is a good sign that we'll be seeing in an official form sometime in the near future.

:up:

'mercy' is one of my all time favourite songs.

The only version is the one that everybody has, it's not the best copy in the world, I am just glad to have it. Excellent song.

I think Mercy is older than the current sessions, it really sounds almost Zoo era to me, although it's most likely much more recent.
Probably could be from POP or ATYCLB sessions.
I'd like to find out for sure, hopefully it will be on the ABOY single.
Maybe it is from HTDAAB sessions, but it really has an older feel to it.

I too, can't believe they left it off. Fast Cars is cool, but I'd rather have seen Mercy released on tihs album.

its a strange song, and i'm not sure the copy is all that bad, actually. i think some of the hiss might be there in the mix b/c it seems to die as soon as the songs gets going and, though its not a great mix, it is in stereo

Bonochick said:
I can't believe "Mercy" wasn't included on the album.

I can. While it is an excellent and outstanding song, I feel that it simply does not fit within the context of the album.

I actually hope U2 do not use Mercy as a b-side. It would be much better if they held onto it and followed Hut Dab with an album that could rightfully include Mercy as the centrepiece track it deserves to be.

Mercy is an outstanding song, almost up there with Acrobat. Personally I would replace it with Yaweh, which is just ok imho.

It sounds like u2 are doing a The Cure cover, theis could easily been a Cure song.

If they had switched Yahweh with Mercy...
The album could have been...
Well, THE album.
It'd surpass Joshua Tree then.

Perhaps a B-side to All Because Of You?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom