Mercy - high quality remastered mp3 (no hiss)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much Anirban! Just got done d/ling Stay! I forgot how much I love that version. I think it should have been on the album, and the album version should have been a single-only (like Please remix) and on the soundtrack. It was one of just a few things missing in my 5gb U2 collection - thanks again!

ProTools plugin. My only regret is that the cymbals got kinda wiped out to a digital wash - which often happens when you start changing things. But only people with psychotic ears will notice compared to the other version floating around. I think it's 1000x more listenable now though.

Speaking of which - I only just found out about Mercy this week. What's this nonsense about some girl having it from a cd-r copy of the album she got from a friend. Sorry, but that's really sketchy and I don't believe it. The reason the normal mp3 floating around has so much hiss is probably because it's actually ripped from an unmixed master tape. But who knows.

At any rate, I LOVE Mercy. I know theres a lot of threads and arguments on this, but it's one of my favorites - comparable to Joshua Tree & Achtung tracks. All four members are top notch and it reminds me a lot of Salome Session stuff. At least as good as my favorite 'Bomb songs: Miracle Drug, 'Blind Lights, 'On Your Own, Peace & Love, and Yahweh. It does have a bit of a unfinished quality and is long - but that's what I like about it. The album version of Bad is like that - feels unfinished and rough. What it lacks in polished arrangement, it makes up for in passion & feeling. Upon a billion listens today, I do hear a lot of Yahweh and especially Miracle Drug (the harmonics and pre-chourus) in this song - so much so that I can see that they probably left it off because certain parts sound too similar. Nonetheless- BRILLIANT!

And for the record, Always is a much better song than Beautiful Day! ;)

Last edited:
Anyway we can get a yousendit of this? It kills my browser every time I try to listen, and my best friend is getting the same thing when she tries. . .:(

Someone please post a yousendit of this... :sad:

Edit: lol I totally cheated on this one. Copy the link to Word and then click on view as web page... THEN you can hit Save Target As)

Last edited:
i agree ... mercy is an excellent excellent song. especially the lyrics. they really lift you up. i think my favorite part is at 5:15 when edge starts playing that cool simple riff. he's so good at those little hooks.

and i believe the origin of mercy is that bono let some fan ride with him with the song on a cd-r (probably after they decided not to include it on the album) and gave it to her.

and yeah, i'm one of those people with insane ears. hehe! but i also am really impressed with the quality of the dehissing/noise reduction. i don't have enough money for pro tools yet, but i'm pretty happy with samplitude 7.0. i used 6.0 for the past couple years and then a few months ago i found 7.0 on one of the download programs.

frozenmuze04 said:
Anyway we can get a yousendit of this? It kills my browser every time I try to listen, and my best friend is getting the same thing when she tries. . .:(

Can't you do a "Save As" after entering the link into your address bar?

if you can't do a "save as" by pasting it into your browser then email the link (with the _mp3 changed) to yourself. once you get the email ... then right click on it and "save target as"

Anirban said:
i think my favorite part is at 5:15 when edge starts playing that cool simple riff. he's so good at those little hooks.

Noticed that too, huh? Yeah, it's my fave as well. So simple, yet it somehow clings to your subconscious and stays there.

Thanks Wanderer! You definitely deserve something more than Stay (soundtrack version). Anything else you are looking for?

P.S. Where would you place Mercy on the album?

TheWanderer said:
And for the record, Always is a much better song than Beautiful Day! ;)

I do agree. I've been thinking that way since i heard Always! I love the start, the bridge, the vocoder... and the lyrics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom