Mercy - high quality remastered mp3 (no hiss)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Soar said:
You definitely deserve something more than Stay (soundtrack version). Anything else you are looking for?

P.S. Where would you place Mercy on the album?

I can't find a version A Celebration w/o vinyl hiss/crack - but expected as it was only released as a vinyl single. Someone email me that and/or the 1996 remake version of Tomorrow that Bono & Adam did (192kps or higher).

If Mercy made the cut, I would have made the end of the album this:

8 Crumbs From Your Table
9 Original Of The Species
10 Yahweh
11 One Step Closer (which would amazingly fade into--->)
12 Mercy

But I do think Yahweh is a GREAT album closer, though I'm suprised they didn't pull the quiet soft outro song with 'Closer.

I have to say that I've been dealing with a lot in life the past two weeks. I got diagnosed with some bad news regarding my deteriorating vision (basically going blind), then two days later my wallet got stolen from my desk at work. If there's a heaven, Bono will get an instant access for spreading such a powerful & beautiful message of love with this song. It has brought me to tears a few time in the past couple days, and I've listened to it probably 100+ times. Inspiring stuff, both for life and as a musician.

Hi Wanderer - Shoot me an e-mail john.soltis@sympatico.ca and I'll send you Tomorrow. It's good to hear that Mercy is providing you some comfort and inspiration during these difficult times.

I'll try your proposal of One Step & Mercy as the closers.

Currently I'm thinking of placing the song Smile (Atomic Bomb sessions) before Mercy. Have you heard Smile?

I agree that Always is a great song (and despite the dislike by many it is a distinct song from BD!). In another thread someone mentioned that he/she saw connection between Mercy and Always.

What if Mercy was the centerpiece of a compilation CD? What other U2 songs do you see complementing Mercy? (And even non-U2 songs. I remember hearing Mercy the first few times and thinking of the song Sara by Fleetwood Mac.)

TheWanderer said:

I have to say that I've been dealing with a lot in life the past two weeks. I got diagnosed with some bad news regarding my deteriorating vision (basically going blind), then two days later my wallet got stolen from my desk at work. If there's a heaven, Bono will get an instant access for spreading such a powerful & beautiful message of love with this song. It has brought me to tears a few time in the past couple days, and I've listened to it probably 100+ times. Inspiring stuff, both for life and as a musician.

I'm sorry about your vision problems and hope for the best for you. Keep up with the music- it will be there for you. I don't have much ground to stand on, about knowing what you're going through, but some close family members of mine have had deteriorating vision problems, including my mom. As an artist, I feel in the near future I have to do something in my own power to make the most out of what she still has, make something for her that noone else could. It's strange once you put a time limit on something that's always been there.

btw, I made a small visual narrative to go along with 'The Wanderer' using watercolors. The song hits close to home- I appreciate the screenname :wink:

I haven't heard Smile yet. I hear a lot of Always in Mercy though. But it also sounds like an early Miracle Drug & Yahweh too - much like elements of Take You Down (from Salome sessions) became Ultarviolet, Lady w/Spinning Head, The Fly, & 'End of the World. I figure that was the main reason it was left off.

I fear they'll change it too much if they go back to it. I love it the way it is. At 6:30, this could be the Stairway to Heaven of U2 - a song so great no radio can deny it's power despite it's length. But doubtful in today's controlled market.

Much, much better. Not only is the hiss gone, the music sounds less subdued. Thank you!

The best part of my day is coming home and discovering all these great goodies in this forum. It's like Christmas every day!!:wink:

I must be going insane, both versions of the song sound the same.
I am listening to my original mercy file (256kb) and the new one downloaded here.

What hiss??

DPrinceNY said:
I must be going insane, both versions of the song sound the same.
I am listening to my original mercy file (256kb) and the new one downloaded here.

What hiss??

:lmao:

TheWanderer said:

:hug: TheWanderer :hug:

I'm sorry, I hope everything gets better for you. I don't really know what you're going through except for the fact that I have bad vision myself (but I have glasses for that :p) but I can certainly identify with music as a healing power... always has been for me, U2 especially has brought my through many tough times. I agree that Mercy is an amazing song, whenever I listen to it I can't stop, I have to hear it again and again and again and again and again and again...again... yeah it's sure inspiring, as a musician also. Thank you very, VERY much for this :bow: that hissing sound was annoying.

TheWanderer - even if I'm extremely thankful for this version, but if I were you I wouldn't even think about Interference. Go out, enjoy your sight, and pray that a solution will come. I feel very sorry for you, what I'm saying is don't waste your time and regret it. Hope it works out.

Peace.

Any Chance?

I completely missed everything about this song! None of the links work for me so if any kind soul could pass it along to zooropa@ameritech.net it would be soooo much appreciated...

Thanks from a HUUUUGE fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom