MelbourneSoundcheck/Are You gonna wait forever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonostwin21

The Fly
If anyone still remembers the melbourne soundcheck from way back in the popmart tour, there was a song they did that had a chorus that sounded alot like "are you gonna wait, are you gonna wait, are you gonna wait forever. It was a song that sounded like it may have evolved into walk on, it had almost the same solo but maybe this is something they had left over from then. And now maybe its "Are you gonna wait forever?" who knows, just a thought.

i love those songs from the melbourne soundcheck.. haven't heard 'em in aaaages though.

i have the mp3 of that...the lyrics I remember are:
"I don't wanna wait,
I don't wanna wait,
I don't wanna wait,
No more

Hoodlem said:
i have the mp3 of that...the lyrics I remember are:
"I don't wanna wait,
I don't wanna wait,
I don't wanna wait,
No more

If you haven't heard it, it sounds like Paula Cole's "I Don't Wanna Wait"

just kidding.

I remember having all those at one time. There was one that was awesome (clip#4?) I don't think that version had made it to an album yet.

I don't remember enough about any of them to remember specific lyrics, I do remember the music, you couldn't hear the vocals real great in the clips I had.

I'd like to download that one particular clip if anyone can find a link.

I don't use gmail, I use the email I have with my ISP, there is no problem with size limit. But I'm also on snailband, so downloading big emails through thunderbird does not always = convenient.

It was about 6 or 8 clips from Melbourne (POPmart) and they were recorded by fans during soundcheck.

They really weren't that great but at the time we thought that U2 might pull a Zooropa and go back and record some of that stuff. It's been a few years since I heard them but I don' think any of that stuff has made it to an album.

I got them off a fanpage and they used to be shared a lot back in the glory days of Napster.

I haven't heard the popmart soundcheck, whats the general sound of the songs?

The sound of these "songs" was an obvious (in retrospect) look into the type of music that would end up on All That You Can't Leave Behind. It was during the Popmart Tour that Howie B. and U2 started thinking that a stripped down sound was a better sound. Most of the Melbourne tracks are so bass-heavy that not much else besides Edge's ringing guitar comes out clearly. But the songs are very clearly void of electronic sounds and you can easily picture the four of them on the b-stage working on these very simply arranged songs. In terms of structure, the songs aren't much more worked out than the "I Love You" song from Antwerp on the Elevation Tour.

Incidentally, the song with the "I don't want to wait" chorus had a very promising sound. Though I agree that, so far, nothing U2 has released appears to have any relation.

james

Thanks James..I'd bet those songs were among the 100 or so they are said to have recorded for ATYCLB..also I really liked the "I Love You" song, its got quite an Achtung Baby flavour to the music..

Also: anyone got a link to these tunes?

If anyone here saw phil joanou's "entropy" at the very beginning you see U2 rehearsing at popmart and edge is playing this awsome riff as well as adam, and the movie just fades into the main title. this was a great movie. maybe that bit of music will come up somewhere in the album

Back
Top Bottom