Meeting With Bono!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, digi's a guy!

:shocked: digi, that's so fun that he's at your work!!! :D Makes for a rather unproductive workday, huh? ;)

I am too, but not only today. :wink:

And Angie, DiGi is indeed a guy (you may have boys named Sue, but I don't think there are many girls named John :D).

:lol:

Marty

HOLY SHIT - no one will believe this. I sat in a meeting with the holy of holy rock stars for 20 minutes. I was the only one to ask him a question. I will provide the full dialogue and pictures.

DiGi said:
there are many pictures - i am formating them now

:lmao:

read this thread backwards and take that statement completely out of context and that's a hilarious statement

no but seriously, that's really really awesome! didn't our dear iris say persistence will lead you to your favourite rock star? or something.

OK so here is the story.

About 2 months ago I made a bunch of U2 boots for a woman I work with. She was working on creative for this DMB event we are doing. She was working with an outside events planning agency. One of the top guys at that agency was down for a meeting and he came into her room to say hello. Apparently this guy is a friend of Bono's because Bono's phone number was in his phone. So friday this woman gets a voicemail from the head of AOL Brand Marketing (Len - whom friends with the promotion agency) guy. He says in the message "I hear you are a big U2 fan, show up at the CEO's office at 9:00 AM on Monday and we will take it from there." Now I knew that the AOL guy had mentioned doing some promotion with DATA for a while, but I just thought it was an idea.

So this morning Tammy (the woman I work with) and I went over to the CEO's office on the way we ran into Len and he said there is a meeting in such and such room with Bono and a few people working on the project. So we go to this room, wait around for a while and eventually outside the door is our man and a few others from DATA.

They come into the room, Bono sits on the table right next to the door says hello and starts talking. He spoke for about 15 minutes and a few times looking directly at me, as I was right in front of him. I had the feeling that he was thinking "this kid knows whats up." After he spoke and told some stories of many things he has seen and such one of the DATA guys said a few things. Floor went back to Bono and he said a few more things. He then asked if there were questions. No one said a word. I then decided I had to say something. He caught my eye, I sort of raised my hand. Bono gave me the nod to speak. I then asked him to provide some stats to the people in the room who may not know how many die every day and of all the other issues. He gave some numbers (and I looked at the faces of people - they had no idea). After providing some numbers, he told another story and then asked me "does that answer your question?" I then said "Oh I know the statistics, I just wanted others in this room who do not know to become aware." Bono then said "thanks" they said a few more things and then took off.

I tried to follow, but they blew out of there really quick. All in all he was in the room for about 20 minutes or so talking. My pictures are a bit blurred as I had the camera on the wrong setting and did not realize it, (I have other people sending my pictures though) a few came out nice and I will post them in a sec.

OK so I have now met him twice and worn an elevation coat. I am telling you at some point I am going to be friends with this guy.

Popmartijn said:
BTW, you didn't dare to ask him about the new album? When it is coming and stuff like that? :sexywink:

I wanted to - had I gotten to have the small meeting I had a list of crap I was going to ask. This was more than fine.

I am on cloud 9 right now.

Back
Top Bottom