Me as 5th U2 member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMScoopy

Refugee
You know how green day has extra guitarists live? well i should play wihth U2 live to backup the edge. i could fill out the sound more and make songs sound more like the album versions (UTEOTW, ABOY ,etc) All the songs Bono should play guitar too but doesn't, I could! I would also play badass songs like god part II and exit. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:drunk:

Maybe they'd hire you, as long as you don't mind being hidden underneath the stage during the concerts.

To save this thread from being closed and be a little serious....

Don't you think that U2 could vary their musical expression a lot more if Bono were capable of playing some real guitar (instead of the pretty lame, flat (and sometimes pretending) thing he's doing now) or another instrument, like keyboards, for instance? Seing how Edge has to EVERYTHING (except bass and drums) is a bit painful (check New Years Day).

U2Man said:
To save this thread from being closed and be a little serious....

Don't you think that U2 could vary their musical expression a lot more if Bono were capable of playing some real guitar (instead of the pretty lame, flat (and sometimes pretending) thing he's doing now)

Bono COULD play good guitar if he wanted too. I dont know why the hell he doesnt play more live. Think how ABOY could sound live with 2 guitars.

Re: Re: Me as 5th U2 member

the rockin edge said:
i think this is the key to this thread

:lol:

Yes, Bono should play the guitar seriously.

JMScoopy said:

Bono COULD play good guitar if he wanted too. I dont know why the hell he doesnt play more live. Think how ABOY could sound live with 2 guitars.

That was one of the songs I was thinking of. I think they run a backing guitar track.

I wonder if maybe Bono's problem isn't his ability to play guitar, but to play guitar and sing at the same time. I can play guitar fine but I can't really sing at the same time except with certain strumming patterns. If I try to sing and play guitar at the same time often my rhythm on guitar gets off. I would think that would be something that could be fixed with practice, and seeing as Bono's been playing guitar for years you'd think he'd have it nailed by now, but I guess not? :shrug: just a thought.

anyway, I think I should play bananas for U2. Yes. Bananas. Their songs would sound a lot more full live if they had bananas incorporated into them.

Good point, AtomicBono. I have the same problem :sad: We should start a club. You, me and Bono.

U2Man said:
Good point, AtomicBono. I have the same problem :sad: We should start a club. You, me and Bono.

Can I join?? :hyper: When I play, I can sing some great notes....but trying to sing the song like I can without the guitar just doesn't happen. Oh well. Guess I'm stuck with the life of Bono. :shrug: :happy:

Can I join, or should I star t my own group as I have the inability to play guitar, sing, or sing while playing the saxophone

:wink:

I like Bono just running around like an idiot. Edge is a god and can handle the guitars just fine. (Although ABOY needs some rhythm guitar)

IMO, Bono should have tried to pull the Axl Rose and learn Piano so he can rock some songs on it.

... so Bono should pull an Axl Rose MINUS being a total moron, mentally unstable, and unable to keep a pitch when singing, and having a terrible falsetto, and firing anyone of talent in his band, and delaying an album 10 years. So basically Bono should just learn to play Piano/Sing at the same time.

bono_212 said:
Can I join, or should I star t my own group as I have the inability to play guitar, sing, or sing while playing the saxophone

:wink:

you can't sing while playing saxophone? :tsk:

:lmao: at the axl rose comment.

I approve of this club idea, especially because it's an excuse for all of us to meet Bono :wink: "BONO WE MADE A CLUB JUST FOR YOU"

Back
Top Bottom