MD and AMAAW brings back memories of Achtung Baby! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2004, 07:48 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:17 PM
MD and AMAAW brings back memories of Achtung Baby!

I find the MD especialy in the bridge with the sliding guitar if you llisten closly top the background drums they sound sooooo much like a song from achtuing baby and i think its "love is blindness"

its a great part of the song at the beginning of the bridge the drums sound more like 80's boy era but near the end of the bride those drums sound soo much like an achtung baby song! Anyone else see this?

AMAAW for some reason sounds or reminds me of misterous ways and not is not cos bono sings "the mysterious distance b/w a man and a woman" I think its the guitars esp at the begining of the song before bono sings. I dont know maybe i am on a miracle drug but thats the two songs i find could have fit nicely on achtung baby!

Old 12-06-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
The Fly

i respectfully disagree.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:59 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:17 PM
I can't say that I see where you're coming from with this one....

"A Man And A Woman" sounds more like "Endless Deep" than anything else...it ostensibly lifts the bassline from that song and builds another arangement around it...
Old 12-06-2004, 08:02 PM   #4
Refugee

Re: MD and AMAAW brings back memories of Achtung Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by dabiggestu2fan
I find the MD especialy in the bridge with the sliding guitar if you llisten closly top the background drums they sound sooooo much like a song from achtuing baby and i think its "love is blindness"

its a great part of the song at the beginning of the bridge the drums sound more like 80's boy era but near the end of the bride those drums sound soo much like an achtung baby song! Anyone else see this?

AMAAW for some reason sounds or reminds me of misterous ways and not is not cos bono sings "the mysterious distance b/w a man and a woman" I think its the guitars esp at the begining of the song before bono sings. I dont know maybe i am on a miracle drug but thats the two songs i find could have fit nicely on achtung baby!
Mmmm I don't think so somehow, but if they do for you then thats ok. A Man and A woman guitar sound and Mysterious Ways could not be further apart in sound, the classic song Mysterious Ways has a wah wah fuzz guitar sound (awesome), where is the wah wah fuzz on A Man and A Woman?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:03 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

yeah i dont know about AMAAW for some reson i always get mysterious ways in my head when i listen to this song. To me it ssounds like it could be the acoustic cousin of MW but again thats just me in other ways this song is way different too.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:35 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:17 PM
Id see AMAAW fitting onto JT or R&H more myself...
Old 12-07-2004, 03:19 AM   #7
Jim
Refugee

The only part of the record that reminds me of AB is the 'steam train organ' part of LAPOE around the lines 'Lay down, lay down your guns'..that is sooo Zoo Station.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:11 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

ABOY is very AB...
Old 12-07-2004, 10:04 AM   #9
Acrobat

Re: MD and AMAAW brings back memories of Achtung Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by dabiggestu2fan

Yeah i agree it does have that sort of myseterious ways kind of feel to it
Old 12-07-2004, 02:47 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:17 AM
AMAAW is really reminscent of Love Comes Tumbling

Miracle Drug sounds like it id defintely the current incarnation of U2.

So, no. Not at all. Don't see it.

I agree with a few others, the only Achtung on this album is the intro to Love and Peace and possibly All Because of You.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:12 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
The only part of the record that reminds me of AB is the 'steam train organ' part of LAPOE around the lines 'Lay down, lay down your guns'..that is sooo Zoo Station.
That's right... And that intro too is very AB!

The only songs A Man And A Woman could remind me from AB is TTTYAATW (please see my poll ) and So Cruel, but still not much. Miracle Drug doesn't remind me much of AB. But to tell you all the truth, both A Man And A Woman and Miracle Drug remind me of ATYCLB a bit because of their purity and soulful energy that I see very much present on ATYCLB.

I hope U2’s next album has a one word title.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:06 PM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 01:17 PM
I'll be in the minority here, but I'm gonna add Crumbs from Your Table as a harkening back to AB. It has a strong dose of AB's heavy domestic quarelling feel to it. If I didn't know any better I'd say the song is about a crisis a faith between two very close people (A man and a woman, maybe---lol. Might explain why it follows that song). VERY AB if you ask me!!
Old 12-07-2004, 05:13 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Old 12-07-2004, 06:30 PM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747
ABOY is very AB...
Noooo wayyyyy, ABOY has not got that industrial sound, its more Rattley Bum than Achtung.