McCormick tells a bit more on the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now with the conclusion that it only has 3 rock numbers and ATYCLB songwriting style, expect the POP lovin' ATYCLB naysayers to revolt against U2. Prepare for tiresome rehashed POP vs. ATYCLB threads, or HTDAAB is a safe album unlike POP, or other drivel of that sort.

Cheers,

J

J, I agree with you to some degree. Pop was not a safe album, that said Pop was not a finished album? I mean the band admits as much these days, so there's not need to argue about it.

HTDAAB will be a guitar powered Pop/Rock album which will probably spawn a lot of "hit" singles. So some will say that this album "rawks" and is among U2 best, while others will complain that U2 is playing it safe and is pandering to the public. I think that U2 always never and yet always does play it safe. I know it's a contradiction, but hell these guys just put in 2 and a half years of recording, and they'll be damned if this album "isn't" played on radio or spawn huge hits. F*#k me if they don't mix it up a bit throughout the album, but f@%k them if they don't make it accessible. It's just a fact of life people, U2 want to be huge it's in their blood.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this new album is going to be the type of album to make people say "Wow, I can't believe this is the same band that made ATYCLB."

discothequeLP said:
3 rock songs? some people DESPISE Pop (me not included, I love it) and it has 7-8 rock songs, so i dont know why people are mad about having 3 big rock songs. AB only had Zoo Station, Even Better, The Fly, UTEOTW. I have a feeling we're in for Acthing Baby II, and i can't fuckin' wait!!!

Zoo Station, The Fly, UTEOW, EBTTRT Mysterious Ways, Acrobat and Ultraviolet are all guitar rock tunes...doesn't have to be up-tempo to be "rock"

Back
Top Bottom