McCartney Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
McCartney reveals U.S. tour dates
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former Beatle Paul McCartney will kick off his first North American concert tour in nine years in Oakland, California, on April 1, his publicist has said.

McCartney, 59, will play 20 shows in 19 cities, including a two-night stand at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Hotel where the top ticket price will be $350, according to tour promoters. Tickets for the other cities on the eight-week trek of indoor arenas will be priced between $55 and $250, they said.

McCartney has been off the road since December 1993, when he wrapped his year-long "New World Tour" of 19 countries. His new tour is dubbed "Driving USA" in honour of his current album, "Driving Rain," which was released last September.

He initially planned to play 12 shows in North America, but a statement said the itinerary was extended because of strong demand. Plans to play a series of European dates in May have been put on the backburner.

"I'm chuffed (delighted) to be asked to stay longer on the road," McCartney said. "Hopefully this will make the tour more of a trip."

The tour will begin at Oakland Arena, and continue to San Jose, Las Vegas, Chicago, Toronto, Philadelphia, Rutherford, NJ, Boston, Washington, New York, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Denver, Dallas, Atlanta, Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale on May 18. Tickets will start going on sale next week.

Who is a Paul/Beatles fan and are you going to see a show?

Me - Yes on both counts.

I had hoped on seeing McCartney, but he isn't doing any northwest dates at all
frown.gif

Oh well, at least The Who is coming!

Yesss! I'll be at the UC in Chicago! (I hope!) Though due to tik prices I'll probably be sitting in Indiana!
biggrin.gif
... And you all thought the Elevation tix were steep, Heh!...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 03-01-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom