May again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lew07

The Fly
What do you guys make of this news, the truth or just another guess?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stop the presses! Everything we thought we knew is wrong. Here it is, the Definitive Truth on the U2 album release, as emailed to @U2 this weekend:

"The reports for the Sept. release date are wrong. I know someone said they talked to Bono, but he probably thought they said "tour." The album is coming out in May, after Bono gets back from Africa. Promotion over the summer...maybe some promo gigs, then of course August is Eze, then the tour MAYBE in Sept...But more likely November. The album is basically done though. Promo copies of the album are expected anytime now."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always thought that the May release made a lot of sense, hopefully it still might happen. Maybe all that crap about Sept. is to throw us off.

nah, elvis has said 4 or 5 reliable sources have told interference that its tentatively scheduled for sept/oct with a tour in '05, not to mention bono said a sept release and mcguiness said after the summer...

what scares me is september is tentative, it could be longer, which would make even my late predictions wrong

i still think May, they are done with the album...why wait 8+ months...just wait for Bono to get back from africa and let it loose.

I think by the Middle of Feb. we'll hear the new single.

but they arent done

Exclusive: More U2 Album News

Interference.com has received word from a reliable source that that the next U2 album is nowhere near completion and has a tentative release of September 2004. A very massive tour is tentatively planned to start in February 2005.

We have also heard from a source with Universal France that that label has not gotten any official word on the title or release date of U2's next album.

:blahblah:

the album will be out when you see it in the shops.....reliable sources mean nothing.....these rumors are just pissing people of....September/May May/September....it will be out sometime bettween those months... i belive May, June or if its not out by then...September proberebly will be the release date.
patience is the key....right now i dont care when the album comes out

After what has already been quoted from atu2 was said, here's what else they had to say....

"In all seriousness, you have to believe what Bono, Corbijn, and McGuinness are saying, don't you? Well, we heard via email this week from one well-placed radio insider whose sources have said there will be no U2 album or tour in 2004. I'm finding that very hard to believe..."

I find that to be very possible, actually. Very possible indeed.

U2 not released an album this year? So what to do with 2004?

I don't know...... maybe I'll shave my head and grow a goatee. That should prove interesting.

hrm.. I wonder what it means that its in the section 'off the record' and not on the front page.:wink:

"blah" is the perfect quote. i don't even care at this point.

i hope by the time the album actually comes out, this sick feeling in my stomach goes away from being dissapointed from the wait.

Well, the album rumors only really started going nuts within the last week or so. But it seems like a year of rumors has just hit me at the same time :huh:

Rumors are just rumors. Just don't believe everything that appears somewhere online just because somene said they have a "source".

As it turns out alot of times, many of these "sources" may very well be good sources, but do not have correct information. Or, if they do have partially correct information, it is not detalied. It doesn't mean they are intentionally giving dis-information, it just means that what they were told may not turn out to be true. Then you have the notion that the source itself is just not reliable. That is certainly subjective.

Rumors are just rumors. Some turn out to be dead exact. Most turn out to be regurgitated hearsay. Often times that hearsay CAN end up being false.

In truth, I don't think the band have decided when to release the album, in fact they are probably still going thru the normal "album ending process". If the band have not decided when to release the album why would ANY source have accurate information. Theoretically Bono himself could tell someone "I think it's going to be out in September" and it could turn out to be false. Just like the other reported dates. Because ultimately he may just not fucking know. Which would lead you to think that they are certainly not near turning the finished album over to the label.

The label will decide the release date ultimately, in conjunction with when they are actually handed the finished album, and when they want to properly release and market the album. It's possible they will release it in the 3 or 4 weeks prior to the end of a fiscal quarter which drives their numbers up, and might affect shareholders earnings etc. It's certainly not an exact sceince but it does help in trying to "guesstimate".

It's still early in the process. It's not even Feb 1st yet. While it's very safe to say that March and April are out of the question, maybe there is some validity to the "possibility" of a May release.

You may wonder why May and September are the 2 current rumored dates and ask why is there a 4 month gap and not more or less. I think there is certainly something to that. Meaning, if they can't get the album released by May, then the next prime spot would be September. Marketing/numbers/sales blah blah. The label has to project or 'slot' the album, which conceivably will be one of their best sellers this fiscal year.

I'm not clinging on to a lot of hope of seeing the album anytime in the next 3 or 4 months, but I am just saying that the "sources" may in fact be good sources who have been given incorrect information or they may be absolutely correct.

Rumors are rumors, don't allow yourself to get to carried away with them. If they prove to be correct, then you need to just relax because it's a long time until September. If not then, well they are still just rumors. Here's to hoping that the current rumors are false. :)

Back
Top Bottom