May 1st 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
....I was sitting at home writing a paper about Ireland...thinking about the tickets 4 rows from the edge of the heart I gave up.....*sigh*

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

and i was in minn. having the time of my life at a great u2 concert.

its just to bad i predicted every song before they even played it.

ah well, it was still unbelievable.

2 years ago, i realized how awesome it was to still be in high school and how my life would suck so much after it was over.

literally it hit me like a punch in the face, and for it im glad. what a great last two months to an awesome grade 12 year i did in fact have.

im so sentimental it makes me sick.

------------------
-deathbear

i still cant get a fucking job.
my life is all messed up.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES
i dont want to be a pinhead no more.

Next time around I will make sure I don't know what songs are gonna be played cause personally that took away some of the magic for me.

Originally posted by TomSawyer:
Next time around I will make sure I don't know what songs are gonna be played cause personally that took away some of the magic for me.

What a maroon!

Well, let me ruin it for you next time. They'll play songs from the new album along with a variety of hit songs from their past albums. And maybe, just maybe, they'll mix it up a bit by throwing in one unexpected song.

Sorry to spoil the "magic."

Originally posted by doctorwho:
What a maroon!

Well, let me ruin it for you next time. They'll play songs from the new album along with a variety of hit songs from their past albums. And maybe, just maybe, they'll mix it up a bit by throwing in one unexpected song.

Sorry to spoil the "magic."

I think what TomSawyer is referring to is knowing the entire setlist, not simply having a general idea of what songs are going to be played. And that's a big difference. It doesn't "spoil the magic" completely, but it's certainly not as exciting when you know the next song they're going to play before they even start it. I didn't know anything about the setlists when I went to my first show, and while that didn't necessarily make it a better show than the others I went to, it was a bit more exhilarating to be surprised whenever they started a new song, instead of being like "ok. Here comes New Year's Day" or "Bono's strumming his red guitar. He must be about to play Kite."

Just a thought.

on may 1st, 2001 i was moving into a new house and finding out the two little twits that signed to sublet my old house from were renegging on the contract and screwing me.

i had to pay two rents for the summer, an extra 2 grand out of my student income. sucked.

may 8th 2002 i meet them in court. victory may be sweeter than the moment of payout.

sorry to divert
smile.gif

Ahhh - It's been a year! I was so excited by plans of other interferencers - I registered the day of the show. I got to meet some interferencers in Vegas, and now I have WAY too many posts.

I too informed drunk idiots in GA behind me of every song on the setlist. It was a very emotional concert for me, despite the fact I felt like bono was "Going through the motions" of a concert.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
2 years ago, i realized how awesome it was to still be in high school and how my life would suck so much after it was over.

literally it hit me like a punch in the face, and for it im glad. what a great last two months to an awesome grade 12 year i did in fact have.

*ahem* Uhm, if my life worsens after high school, I think I'll actually be in hell.

------------------

I just realized that it was May 1st as I was driving to the library this morning to study listening to Zooropa. Seems unbelievable that exactly a year ago I was more excited and uptight than ever, waiting for the first (but certainly not the last) U2 concert of my life.

I'll never forget the surreal feeling I got when they strode onto the stage...after reading about them, hearing them on CD, watching them on TV and video, chatting and posting about them...there they were! They were real!

In any case, what an amazing night, amazing show, amazing band, and incidentally, amazing bootleg.
wink.gif

May Day will always be an anniversary of sorts for me.
smile.gif

-sula

may 1st 2001 I was working

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

On May 1st, 2001 I finally came home from school in Michigan.

I remember going out drinking that night. I think I was drinking whiskey and cokes.

The funny part about that night was going through a Taco Bell drive through. Well, all they had was meat and nothing else! We thought the guy was just fucking with us because we were obviously drunk. But no! Only meat. No cheese. No tortillas. Nothing! Why the hell were they still open?

Awww...memories.

Originally posted by mikal:
On May 1st, 2001 I finally came home from school in Michigan.

I remember going out drinking that night. I think I was drinking whiskey and cokes.

The funny part about that night was going through a Taco Bell drive through. Well, all they had was meat and nothing else! We thought the guy was just fucking with us because we were obviously drunk. But no! Only meat. No cheese. No tortillas. Nothing! Why the hell were they still open?

Awww...memories.

LOL!! Poor mikal.. that would suck.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

May 1st, 2001 was the day that I first became a U2 fan, the first time I heard the Joshua Tree, the first time I heard Achtung Baby, the first time I saw them live..
biggrin.gif
I can't believe I've been a U2 fan for a year already. It feels like no time has passed at all.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

May 1st, 2001? Hmmm.... I think that was the night my friend came over and I painted my "U2 Election Sign" for a local radio contest to win a trip for 2 to see U2 in Toronto. We had the sign up by Bono's Bday on the 10th... but I lost
frown.gif
Boo Hoo

------------------
Game On!

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 05-01-2002).]

Originally posted by Angel:
May 1st, 2001? Hmmm.... I think that was the night my friend came over and I painted my "U2 Election Sign" for a local radio contest to win a trip for 2 to see U2 in Toronto. We had the sign up by Bono's Bday on the 10th... but I lost
frown.gif
Boo Hoo

Oh but Angel, you're a winner in my heart!
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Lilly:
*ahem* Uhm, if my life worsens after high school, I think I'll actually be in hell.

Life got much, much better after high school for me. High school sucked in comparison to college.

Back
Top Bottom