Mary J & U2's "One" reaches #19 in UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not in england anyway.
basically, in the UK, the position you enter the charts at is the highest you will reach, especially U2, they have never had a number 1 for more than 1 week.
I'm sure that Mary J Blige is a very respectable and respected artist but this version of one is so tied and boring that it just detractes from the glorious original, it sucks from the beauty of the Achtung Baby version like a vampire.
Its a terifying thought that if this version were to be a success there would be a generation for whom the Mary J version would be the definitive version of One and this is unthinkable.
Its overblown, overdramatic and basically shite! I'm sory but it is.
The beauty of the original was its slow building subtelty but this version is about as subtle as the proverbial sledgehammer. but of course Mary J comes from the Puff Daddy school, and his brutal "remix" of every breath you take should have left us in no doubt which direction one of his disciples would have taken"one" in.

Oh my God no way!
I'm sorry, its a good version and Mary J Blige is a good singer but in a universe of infinite posibilities and versions of reality, not in any parallel universe could this shite of a version be better than track 3 of Achtung Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom