Mallet Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
Let's give some respect and app for Mr Mallet , this fantastic director , who for doesn't know him , directed

- Zoo Sydney , just out on DVD
- And the so awaited as well Pop Mexico

Just to say my personal takes on the guy's job , amazing amazing amazing work he did on Syd , he always captured well the moment , had this like great "Edge Shot " , lot of times used , like in the chorus of the songs , see Pride for example ..... Always respected the solos :

Man just look at Until the end or Bullet :drool: :drool:

Without mention all the great stadium shots , how he featured the whole Zoo stage so well , those amazing behind Larry shots which showed the whole main stage from behind ....

And to think the guy couldn't have done better ..........

but then came Popmart Mexico :drool:

And the bastard did better

The Guy needs to be hired again

I agree. Mallet captures the mood perfectly. I love the effect he uses with "Even better then the real thing" and ofcourse with The fly very cool as well.

He isnt zipping from one camera to the next in 0.10 sec everytime etc etc.

I would rather have him back directing the next U2 dvd then Hamilton.

And yes im still waiting for my POPmart Mexico dvd! :wink:

From what ive seen of the trailers then look ace but i give my full opinion on monday.

btw whats the best performance from the DVD ?

Awesome. :up: He's great. I've only seen the concert on YouTube, but all of it is great.

The best performances I saw were The Fly and Streets. ZooTV Fly is way better than Elevation or Vertigo.

vaz02 said:
From what ive seen of the trailers then look ace but i give my full opinion on monday.

Fly
Bullet
Angel of Harlem
Love is Blindness

And Of Course :

One , Best perfomance of the ZooTour , no that review of u2tour.de defines in one word :

All the greatness of the song in the honesty of Edge's Gibson ES

Screwtape2 said:
In fairness to Hamilton, ZooTV and Popmart were film friendly compared to the Elevation and Vertigo. Elevation was the group's least visually exciting tour since TUF and Vertigo has some cool visuals but on film seems suffocated indoors.

Can't remember who did UABRS, but that was a lot better than HH's stuff too.

Mallet really knows how to capture a rock show, look at the Queen/Paul Rodgers show, that's pretty awesome for a fairly non visually exciting tour.

vaz02 said:

Visually, the best performances from the Sydney are DGPFYCC, Lemon and Love Is Blindness.
Musically, the best performances were probably Zoo Station, The Fly, Love Is Blindness and Running To Stand Still.

Screwtape2 said:
In fairness to Hamilton, ZooTV and Popmart were film friendly compared to the Elevation and Vertigo. Elevation was the group's least visually exciting tour since TUF and Vertigo has some cool visuals but on film seems suffocated indoors.

Still I'm sure Mallet wouldn't focus on Bono's fucking boots when Edge is soloing Bullet ;)

vaz02 said:

New Year's Day is perfectly shot.

Love Is Blindness is awesome too.

But for anyone who hasn't seen this concert before...you're about to eat a VERY delicious meal. I don't think I've ever seen a better concert on tape or DVD by anyone.

ZOO TV was just something very unique. And you can feel it when you watch the show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom