Magnificent Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a "magnificent" next single this would make!
My favorite, hands down, on the newbie!

Next stop for this song... the LIVE version... I can't wait!
And I know you can't either! :)

Definitely the best song on the album. I hope beach clip 402 from 2006 is released - that would have been right up there with Magnificent for me.

MAGNIFICENT!
878sn82.gif

This song was amazing. I think I screwed up the copy to CD though, as NLOTH just ended abruptly. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be?

But on to this song, pure magic. Loved it....now on to MOS.

There are no words for how good this song really is. I also had tears while listening to it, because it reminds me of why I love U2 so much. Simply amazing.

I think Magnificent could have been so much better. I thought Larrys drums were going to be marching style? In the clips and beach clip it revolved around him pounding the snare. The beach clip made the song seem dark, they seemed to really have brightened it up, in a bad way: The verses I get the vibe of a really bad time to dance Wedding song.

Still not getting the HUGE love for Magnificent. Maybe it's me, but I feel like it's a 2 minute song put on a loop 3 times. It's certainly not a bad song, but the best song in years like some of you are saying? I just don't get it.

Still not getting the HUGE love for Magnificent. Maybe it's me, but I feel like it's a 2 minute song put on a loop 3 times. It's certainly not a bad song, but the best song in years like some of you are saying? I just don't get it.

Looks like you are in the wrong thread then.

The opening sounds like a kick ass Depeche Mode song.

Brilliant intro that kicks into the awesome stadium rocker.

it's the sort of song why I love this band
(it's amazing this album is filled to the brim with 'songs why I love this band' )

Back
Top Bottom