Magazines Currently Featuring U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know what issue of Rolling Stone is the one featured in the Interference news today? It says 464/465 but would anyone know the date that covers? Is it 12/15/2004 or 12/30/2004? RS usually comes out an issue ahead of the publication date.

Acrobatic said:
Does anyone know what issue of Rolling Stone is the one featured in the Interference news today? It says 464/465 but would anyone know the date that covers? Is it 12/15/2004 or 12/30/2004? RS usually comes out an issue ahead of the publication date.

Just picked up the new Rolling Stone today. The date on the cover is12/30/04-01/13/05. Got it at Barnes & Noble.

I found a single copy of Hot Press at Tower last night. It didn't have U2 on the cover (which was full of people I don't recognize in Santa hats), but it had a two-page spread inside on the band. Is this the issue I was looking for?

martha said:
I found a single copy of Hot Press at Tower last night. It didn't have U2 on the cover (which was full of people I don't recognize in Santa hats), but it had a two-page spread inside on the band. Is this the issue I was looking for?

It probably is.

Since the band isn't on the cover, I don't need :wink: one. I have the article / interview saved on my computer.

martha said:

No, that's defintely NOT the right issue. The one you're looking for has U2 on the cover (as I stated above), with a tiny picture of Avril Lavigne in the upper right corner. It features a long (six or seven pages) interview of Bono. It also has a good article about Lillie's Bordello, a nightclub in Dublin frequented by U2. There are pictures of the band members throughout both articles.

Last edited:
Finally got the Rolling Stone issue, in the mail, yesterday. Hope the rest of you, who subscribe have also..:wink:

Would love to have the hotpress mag, but I can't find it and have doubts that I will around here. Maybe I can order it from their archives, nx month.

I picked up the new RS at Books-A-Million yesterday. I had to drive through a snowstorm to get it, but I finally have it. Now all I need is the new NME magazine. Does anyone if you can buy NME in the US?

I have officially given up trying to find 'Hot Press' but I'm ok :|

And yes, you should be able to find NME in the USA. Be prepared to pay the 'import' price for a music magazine (in Canada it will be around $10) :yikes:

I have a friend that works at Books-A-Million, she told me last week that she gets the NME mag at BAM. When I went the other day to pick up the RS the lady at the register said that they probably won't be getting it in anymore. I'll have to make some calls to the different bookstores and music stores in town. I wonder if FYE would have it? I haven't been by there yet, I think they have magazines. I hope so anyways. As for the Hot Press magazine, I looked on e-Bay and all they have is a book--The U2 File, A Hot Press U2 History 1978-1985. It seems like the US does not have very much U2 stuff, unlike Europe they have everything in there. Maybe I need to move to Europe. :hmm:

Have any Canadians been able to find the Rolling Stone? Around the Edmonton/ Red Deer area?

theedge111 said:
Have any Canadians been able to find the Rolling Stone? Around the Edmonton/ Red Deer area?

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for this!!! But I still haven't found what I'm looking for!!!!! :scream:

Back
Top Bottom