MAD1 - got a reply from your mate!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi Maddie!

Just heard from him and boy was he happy about the concert? I sold him a pair, remember? Well, this is what he said:

"I've done and seen some amazing things so far in my life - I've been to the Olympic Games in Sydney, I saw the major events there (I lived in Oz for 4 years) I've bungi jumped 47 stories in New Zealand, I've jumped out of planes, I've been to FA cup finals and All Ireland finals for hurling and Gaelic, I've seen U2 many times in Ireland and Australia, but Slane on 25 August was the best thing I've ever witnessed. Slane 2 (with the football result included) was excellent, as was Earls court but Slane 1 was the best thing I've ever been to. Yeah I know being an Ultra U2 fan I would be biased, but that really was the best. 80,000 people - all wanting to hear four boys playing songs to make us all feel great. The whole thing was so much one major gang, one contagous buzz - a home crowd fromall around the world (I met so many people from USA, Canada and Europe who came over for the gig - to see the boys on home teritory - and we were there.

High praise indeed, eh?!? It really made me smile to know that Ive helped a fellow U2 fan out to see U2 at Slane and someone I have not met (yet) too! I also helped MissZooropa too with a ticket for Earls Court and she thoroughly enjoyed the show a lot!

Now Maddie I heard some rumours that U2 will be back to play Belfast at the Odyssey this December......oh man wouldnt that be fantastic for you if it is true? Have you heard something about that lately?

Now c'mon try and impress me like you did last week!
biggrin.gif

dougal x

I have lost heart that U2 will ever play in Belfast or Dublin again
frown.gif

I have lost heart full stop!
frown.gif
frown.gif

I havent heard anything, only that Radiohead are playing the Odyssey.....*sigh*

Gosh, Im having a weird day today!!!!!!!

anyway Chris, how the hell are ya, ya mad Scottish eejit with a tiny kilt hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

so glad u still drop by here, Im pleased Bri got back to u, he is gonna call me this week........
biggrin.gif
hes real good craic, isn't he?????

speaking of which, Im plannin a wee trip to London soon hopefully, so I need u to tell me how far out Kingsberry is from London!
biggrin.gif

((((((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))))))))

PS - Sorry hun, I cannie impress ye today, I aint got the energy!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
I have lost heart that U2 will ever play in Belfast or Dublin again
frown.gif

I have lost heart full stop!
frown.gif
frown.gif

I havent heard anything, only that Radiohead are playing the Odyssey.....*sigh*

Oh yes they will, believe me, they will play in Belfast and/or Dublin within the next 12 months, just watch this space..... dont give up hope just yet........

anyway Chris, how the hell are ya, ya mad Scottish eejit with a tiny kilt hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Im fine thanks but suffering from post-elevation blues at this time.....
biggrin.gif
at the weekend, I stayed at home most of the time (well, I had to after such a great weekend at Dooooblin!)

speaking of which, Im plannin a wee trip to London soon hopefully, so I need u to tell me how far out Kingsberry is from London!
biggrin.gif

Ya what? Kingsberry? Never heard of that and couldnt find that one on the atlas too But I think you are talking about KINGSBURY. If thats the case then that is about 6 or 7 miles from Central London and is reachable by the Underground......

Itd be great if we meet up for a pint or two!......drop me a line when you have a date.....

dougal x

LOL!!!!

LMAO!!!!

Oh Douggie, I nearly choked, sorry, I was thinking of Kingsberry COAL there!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Ur right, my cuzz stays there, and I fancy him like crazy!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Anyway, I have nothing planned as yet, I dont know, Christmas might be a bad time, but might end up goin next year......would be staying with a mate in 'Borough, before one or two days there, its hard to know, I have no 'get-up-and-go' in me at all these days!!!!!!!!!!!!

They WONT play...................no no no, I dont see it. Im hurt, (maddie is sad, so sad today.............).

Kingsberry COAL!?!?!?

What on earth were you thinking? lol!

You dont have a date yet? Thats ok. I can wait......wait.......wait...... and wait till you pop thru the door of my local pub! cos I owe you one for getting me in touch with Bri!
biggrin.gif

Hey hey hey! calm doon! U2'll play in Belfast, hen! They will! You watch.......

Hmmm if you really wanna see U2, go down to Dooblin and wait for days and days at Windmill Lane and there you go, you see the lads walking doon the lane! Or realistically why not coincide your trip to your cuzz with a chance to catch U2 sometime next summer? Cos I read that there's a good chance that they'll play Hyde Park!
Your choice, hen!

dougal

lol!!!!

I dunno...........hey, u may not see me round for a while, I really have to lay off......go away and dream it all up again................
biggrin.gif

I have lost it all.............

frown.gif

ach well, has to happen, the candle burns out and u can't re-light it..........

Originally posted by mad1:
lol!!!!

I dunno...........hey, u may not see me round for a while, I really have to lay off......go away and dream it all up again................
biggrin.gif

I have lost it all.............

frown.gif

ach well, has to happen, the candle burns out and u can't re-light it..........

Course I can re-light it.....I just drop me troosers and fart like hell! hee hee!

dougal

Hee hee maddie!

No need to hire a roller.... just hire me and I will be all over you! hee hee! j/k!

jaysus, Hent is a fecking dirty cow! I'll have to fart him off this forum! lol!

dougal

no no remember!
Hent and two others come in to this forum as massive flatulances and choke us all in a stifling manner!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh Im so blue today...........LOL@ur offer!!!!!

ur MAD!!!! Bloody Scots are bloody mad for bloody feck sake!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hee hee Maddie!

You're welcome!

Mad? ME? Maybe, maybe not....If you really think Im mad then I ought to consider changing my user name to MAD2! lol!

eek.gif
Yeah now thats a cool idea!

dougal

Noooooooo!!!!!! Elvis luvs only one Mad1!!!!!

biggrin.gif
(dontcha elvis, ya big soft whippy ice-cream ya!!!!!!)

Douggie, so is u2 in london a def......???? I need to know so as I can panic on how I not did get a ticket to see them go so, ya know????

Maddie

Elvis luvs only one Mad1 huh? Oh really....excuse me..........

*walks up to Elvis and, in a fit of jealousy, hit him on the head with an inflatable hammer and Elvis promptly runs off*

ah that feels better! lol! j/k!

As for U2 playing in London, there are some unconfirmed rumours that U2 would add extra UK dates in December. If that was to be the case, Id try and get a ticket for ya if you get stuck....

dougal x
(aka MAD2)

Back
Top Bottom