Lucky Japanese...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Japan will be the first to put HTDAAB on the shelf on November 11, then in Ireland on Nov 19, then UK & Rest Of World Nov 22,

I'll get it on Nov.19 and keep all you americans updated

can one of you kindly book a trip to Japan so you can get the album and rip it and let us hear? that would be great. :wink: we'll have the oppurtunity to download the whole album in less than 20 days from now. i'm gettin' excited!

As soon as it's released in Japan, it will be all over the net within an hour. That doesn't make sense that they would release it that much earlier. They have to know it will leak and adversly affect the first week sales in the R.O.W.

how did this happen? does anyone actually have a source that japan is getting it this much earlier?

uwwedoogie said:
Japan will be the first to put HTDAAB on the shelf on November 11, then in Ireland on Nov 19, then UK & Rest Of World Nov 22,

I'll get it on Nov.19 and keep all you americans updated

honestly this doesn't make sense at all: the album will be on the internet as a matter of minutes after its Japanese's release...10 days of savage downloading before official release :eek: ..hmmm...where did you get this info?:hmm:

I have a strong feeling itunes is getting this album before anyone else.

I thought ATYCLB was out 3 to 4 weeks before the official release?

I have a funny feeling Itunes will have the album before anyone else too.

zoopop said:
I thought ATYCLB was out 3 to 4 weeks before the official release?

I have a funny feeling Itunes will have the album before anyone else too.

Even it Itunes does get it before everyone else it won't really matter because the Itunes MP3s will be leaked too.

This was discussed before and someone said that albums generally get released in Japan a few weeks earlier than in the rest of the world. The reason for this is Japanese albums cost a little more so by releasing the albums one or two weeks before other countries get them, that gives consumers a reason to buy the Japanese version and not just wait for the imports.

And this has been confirmed with Universal Japan, so, yes, the album is definitely hitting Japanese shelves first.

dsmith2904 said:
This was discussed before and someone said that albums generally get released in Japan a few weeks earlier than in the rest of the world. The reason for this is Japanese albums cost a little more so by releasing the albums one or two weeks before other countries get them, that gives consumers a reason to buy the Japanese version and not just wait for the imports.

And this has been confirmed with Universal Japan, so, yes, the album is definitely hitting Japanese shelves first.

Hip hip hurrah!!!

Releasing the album earlier than other countries. Bonus tracks. They are the two common ways that Japanese music companys adopt in order to protect their interest by setting the price higher.

*CD in Japan 2500-3000 yen
in Korea 1200-1600 yen
in China 500-850 yen

They even encouraged our government to change the copyright law to ban imported CDs for some period after their release dates. Its main aim is to control imported pirated and licenced copy of Japanese artists (They say the licences are limited to sell in each country, so, for example, it becomes a violation to import Thailand-made CDs of a Japanese singer immediately after the release in Japan). Imported CDs are mostly produced in Southeast Asia and pretty much cheaper than CDs made in Japan. But the law can also be applicable to non-Japanese artists so this is a big issue to us.

The law is going to be effective on new year's day of 2005. We are now watching how long the period will be (now the draft says 4 years) or any exception will be applied.

Below is a diary by a Japanese musician Ryuichi Sakamoto who is against the revision.
(in Japanese)
http://diary.nttdata.co.jp/diary2004/05/20040509.html

Anyway, so please don't speak badly of us. :(

Last edited:
I still find this VERY hard to believe, but if it is happening ... the CDs will surely be distributed BEFORE the 11th. I'm saying that we will have a copy of the album on the Internet in the next two and a half weeks.

I can't believe how close it all is now. I can barely contain my excitement.

Back
Top Bottom