LP15 - We're due for a break from the norm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can we please all just agree to call the song get out instead of that ridiculous acronym

I mean, I would definitely hate the song either way, but that acronym brings it to a fiery intensity.

As for what's wrong with it, I'd say what's good about it? It's totally watered down and generic 2000s pseudo-inspo U2 with awful lyrics crammed into too few bars per measure, or whatever the correct musical term is.

The worst single they've ever released.

I like GOOYOW.

There.

Prefer this to silliness like RBW and Volcano. The vocals on both are incredibly cringeworthy. Classic Bono such as that on GOOYOW works better for me.

I'd take Raised By Wolves (and California, Sleep Like a Baby and The Troubles) over nearly anything on SOE.

No complaints with the last 4 songs on SOI.

What’s funny is that most of us can make a great album out of SOI and SOE combined. Different results for different people though. There is definitely a great album in there. Travesty that Invisible never got a place.

Calling GOOYOW "Get Out" makes it sound far more edgy than it deserves.

Also, GOOYOW requires fewer keystrokes than "Get Out", but hey if you want to be one of those people in the same club as those who call Pride "PITNOL", don't let me stop you.

Also, GOOYOW requires fewer keystrokes than "Get Out", but hey if you want to be one of those people in the same club as those who call Pride "PITNOL", don't let me stop you.

Tell us... What do you do with all that time saved from using one less key stroke? Have you found a new hobby? Did you go back to university to find a cure for some incurable disease? Please... share with us all you have done by releasing yourself from the burden of that single key stroke.

We'll wait.

Tell us... What do you do with all that time saved from using one less key stroke? Have you found a new hobby? Did you go back to university to find a cure for some incurable disease? Please... share with us all you have done by releasing yourself from the burden of that single key stroke.

We'll wait.

I'm guessing you didn't pay attention to the PITNOL Wars.

But I did write three books before I was 30 and drafts of the next two are quite advanced, thank you for asking. And I've been training to kick your arse at JT30 Melbourne.

I'm guessing you didn't pay attention to the PITNOL Wars.

But I did write three books before I was 30 and drafts of the next two are quite advanced, thank you for asking. And I've been training to kick your arse at JT30 Melbourne.
Using PITNOL isn't stupid because it's longer than Pride. Using PITNOL is stupid because it's stupid.

That it's longer doesn't make it stupid - it makes it stupidER.

Unless you're a grandpa typing with one finger, spell the damn thing out. You're not saving any meaningful time, and your acronyms suck.

can we please all just agree to call the song get out instead of that ridiculous acronym

giphy.gif

Arse is one letter more than ass so it all balances out

An ass is a donkey, fuckin' Americans.

Using PITNOL isn't stupid because it's longer than Pride. Using PITNOL is stupid because it's stupid.

I'm with this, sure.

Unless you're a grandpa typing with one finger, spell the damn thing out. You're not saving any meaningful time, and your acronyms suck.

Not with this. Acronyms are great. Even if we didn't have a fight scheduled, you'd punch me for pronouncing an acronym like AIWIY as a word. Love me some goo-yo, even if the song itself is aural dishwater.

Anyway, the main point was the first one:

Surely we can all agree that typing “Atty Club” is worse than any acronym and should be a bannable offense.

Surely we can all agree that typing “Atty Club” is worse than any acronym and should be a bannable offense.
The single worst trend in interference history was when these wankers started saying Hut Dab - the agreed upon spelling of the pronunciation of the acronym for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

I feel hut dab was more widely used. Atty club was only used by psychopaths

I've never seen Atty Club used until this post, but it sounds like that tendency of people in the north of England to put "-y" on the end of everything, as in
"We're gonna take a prezzy to Jezza in the hozzy because he's had an overdosy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom