LP15 - We're due for a break from the norm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don t mind Streets or WOWY out this time around. I don t mind that half of the show is songs from the last 2 albums. What I mind is which song they focus on.... (not talking about Acrobat of course...). They don t play the 3 or 4 of the best SOE songs.... They skip RBW, and have a terrible encore. That bothers me!

I don t mind Streets or WOWY out this time around. I don t mind that half of the show is songs from the last 2 albums. What I mind is which song they focus on.... (not talking about Acrobat of course...). They don t play the 3 or 4 of the best SOE songs.... They skip RBW, and have a terrible encore. That bothers me!

If the complaints are focused on the new material......

Little Things not being played is a travesty
Summer of Love not being played on the 2nd stance (during the summer mind you) is a very poor decision.
Red Flag Day should be included as it has energy that can translate well live

TBT is embarrassing how it’s played and the reaction it is getting, as the first single mind you, is just sad. Not sure how the band don’t recognize this. Summer of Love would be a great replacement here if they don’t want to play it full band electric and with energy.

Get Out of Your Own Way lacks energy and this is where Red Flag Day should go(oh, no...the Kendrick sermon wouldn’t work? Well it’s awkward and adds nothing to the show or song, so bye)

I’m fine with Raised by Wolves not being included. It was cool during the 2015 show but it could stay there.

CedarWood Road needs to go because it gets the same reaction as TBT and similar to RBW, was cool in 2015 but can go now. I would love it if they replaced it with a high energy SOI song like oh....Reach Me Now.

LIAWHL is a joke and should not be “played”, especially how they are doing it.

I’m curious what you think the energy is like when you go and how the song reaction is.

I saw them play Red Flag Day in Chicago. It went over smashingly, and was one of the better received of the new songs. I have no problem with GOOYOW into American Soul, that was one of the highlights, especially when sandwiches between 2 crowd pleasers like Pride and COBL.

I thought Best Thing was supposed to be the flagship single of this album. Why they have relegated it to the bathroom break slot. I liked the acoustic version, musically. But the crowd basically went to sleep, which is the opposite of what that song should be doing. Imagine if during 2001, they just did a lame ass acoustic version of Beautiful Day?

I think the show should open with Blackout, then Best Thing should be next. The current semi-hit single would go well in the #2 spot. “13” shouldn’t be in there at all.

LIBTAIIW should be the closer.

It’s absolutely a crime that Little Things is not a nightly staple. WTF is wrong with them?

SOL deserves a spot, and hopefully it gets one in Europe.

LOH is, in my opinion, a dud of a live song.

Last edited:
Going from City of Blinding Lights -break- to One is really the only dud for me. Encore should be

Best Thing (Have cool effect going on w/ screen)
One
Love Is Bigger

then put Summer of Love in the B Stage spot.

Replace

Iris
Cedarwood
Sunday Bloody Sunday
UTOTW

with

Landlady
All I Want Is You
Little Things
UTOTW

Replace

Iris
Cedarwood
Sunday Bloody Sunday
UTOTW

with

Landlady
All I Want Is You
Little Things
UTOTW

The transition between Little Things and Until the End of the World would be so awesome. I can already hear it in my head as Bono holds out that last "The end is here... Sometimes...." and then that UTEOTW intro starts up...

Not to mention the connection between the end being here, and then "Until the End of the World."

Do this!

Going from City of Blinding Lights -break- to One is really the only dud for me. Encore should be

Best Thing (Have cool effect going on w/ screen)

One

Love Is Bigger

then put Summer of Love in the B Stage spot.

Replace

Iris

Cedarwood

Sunday Bloody Sunday

UTOTW

with

Landlady

All I Want Is You

Little Things

UTOTW

Agree with all this. Never thought about TBT as an encore opener, but that could work well too!

13 as a closer is just no good. I feel that Walk On was the best closer I’ve ever seen them do. It was such a high note to end on, with everybody cheering. 40, Bad and One are also very good choices.

Agree with all this. Never thought about TBT as an encore opener, but that could work well too!

13 as a closer is just no good. I feel that Walk On was the best closer I’ve ever seen them do. It was such a high note to end on, with everybody cheering. 40, Bad and One are also very good choices.

Walk On was awesome.

I was a big fan of Moment of Surrender too. I understand 13 ending though. Bono finding his way back home/innocence.

I just noticed that the video for WOWY was removed off of YouTube by the user... :hmm: U2's other videos are still there. I wonder why though?

Well at least Ernie's version is still available for your viewing and listening pleasure:

please tell me someone here remembers this

looks like Waiting for the Miracle to Come will finally get its release this year, according to their facebook page. This is the Willie Nelson movie that could feature the u2-penned song Where the Shadows Fall, originally rumored for SOE. Maybe another Slow Dancing type scenario? Willie on vocals with the band backing?

looks like Waiting for the Miracle to Come will finally get its release this year, according to their facebook page. This is the Willie Nelson movie that could feature the u2-penned song Where the Shadows Fall, originally rumored for SOE. Maybe another Slow Dancing type scenario? Willie on vocals with the band backing?

Another tilt at that pesky elusive Oscar?!

A travesty that The Little Things is to played, yet tripe like Best Thing and Get Out Your Own Way is.

God knows they all definitely need their heads examined if they think these songs are better. But then again it’s that kind of thinking which has led them in the direction of tacky imposters like Ryan Tedder.

A travesty that The Little Things is to played, yet tripe like Best Thing and Get Out Your Own Way is.

God knows they all definitely need their heads examined if they think these songs are better. But then again it’s that kind of thinking which has led them in the direction of tacky imposters like Ryan Tedder.

I'm guessing they were put off by the tepid response to Little Things on the JT30 Tour.

Which is a shame, as it's my favorite on the album. But I have to admit, the song did nothing for me when I heard it in Seattle. But I also prefer to hear songs live once i am familiar with it.

I'm guessing they were put off by the tepid response to Little Things on the JT30 Tour.

Which is a shame, as it's my favorite on the album. But I have to admit, the song did nothing for me when I heard it in Seattle. But I also prefer to hear songs live once i am familiar with it.

It's strange because when I heard it first from the JT Tour I thought 'hmmm, good song' but didn't think anything beyond that. But with subsequent performances it got better and better to my ears.

I also think the version on record is as good as the live performances that get acclaim such as on Spotify singles or Jimmy Kimmel. There's a lovely touch of atmospheric depth to the album version that perfectly accompanies the introspective, doubtful lyrics.

All those things considered, I continue to be baffled by the omission served upon Little Things. It would really add something extra to their Experience & Innocence shows.

I hope so. Slow Dancin is one of my favorite U2 songs. Crazy I know, but true. An acoustic song by them, that was well, written to be an acoustic song. Not their latest infatuation with turning every non acoustic song into one.

Can't wait to hear it.

Interesting that the paramedics continued to defibrillate the man for two hours but they uh... couldn’t... couldn’t stop the bleeding?

I hope they’re never my paramedics!

So back to the subject of "New Album" the emergence of Greta Van Fleet has given me some hope for U2. I'm, unashamedly, a 'rawk' fan and I'd love to see U2 strip back and go with the organic guitar\bass\drums sound.

I'm tired of the 'hip-hop' beats, the 'pop sound' chasing and wish they'd just be a band. They can't compete w/the Cardi B's and Ariana Grande's of the music scene. Stop trying...be who you are...you gave it a shot...it's not what or who you are.

Just my .02

Aside from a few glossy production flourishes utilized on some songs, literally their last 5 albums have been pretty organic and your basic rock album in sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom