LP15 - We're due for a break from the norm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
girlfriends-brother-wants-a-ride-from-the-airport-but-doesnt-want-me-driving-him-216356.png

giphy.gif

Where the sheets have yellow stains
Where the sheets have yellow stains
I'm now piddling during my sleep
During my sleep
And when I wake up
It's like morning dew
I'm all wet with you

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I thought Out of Control, Beautiful Day and GOOYOW but none of their Melody’s fit.

Shit my pants
Shit my pants and forget my Depends
I shit my pants
Shit my pants, it happened again

What's that smell
It's just me
I've lost control
If my poo and pee
Woah oh oh, Incontinence

Only love
only love can leave such a mark
But only love
only love can heal such a scar

Justified
till we die
you and I will magnify
oh-oh Magnificent

Just a wild guess - it came to me while peeing that headache might think magnificent is shit.

But then again, I failed AP Lit back in high school. Stop asking me what the author intended by “I shit my pants.”

Jessie’s girl? The song U2 borrowed for The Showman?

The way U2 works, for all we know the Showman was written before Jessie’s Girl and was an anti-Regan power rock song along the lines of Born in the USA that morphed into the stripped down acoustic blahness we now know on the album!

Anyone listen to the latest interview with Bono and the Edge on the Scott and Scott podcast? Something tells me we'll be waiting a while. They spoke with Adam and he said after the Europe leg they plan on taking a break for awhile before setting any timeline. So no recording until, say, early 2020 at the very least. Kept referencing how the JT tour threw their plans out of whack and packed 2017 full of promotion, something they never slowed down from.

I'm now revising my timeline: big break and mild recording in 2020, album murmurs and leaked stuff early 2021, bleeding into an AB anniversary tour that same year. Unlike the JT tour, though, I see them blending the setlist with the new stuff and an extended AB album set, sort of like Bowie did with the "Low" tribute set he did a little while back. They then drop the album in fall 2021 and transition that into a full new album tour in 2022.

Last edited:
My prediction is that U2 will more or less not exist in 2019. There may be a few band meetings and kicking around some ideas in the studio, but I’d expect next to nothing in terms of news and activity.

2020 will be spent in the studio, but I have to think there will some kind of public acknowledgement of Boy’s 40th anniversary. Possible AB Tour in 2021. I’m expecting the next album no earlier than late 2021, with a new album tour in 2022.

My prediction is that U2 will more or less not exist in 2019. There may be a few band meetings and kicking around some ideas in the studio, but I’d expect next to nothing in terms of news and activity.

2020 will be spent in the studio, but I have to think there will some kind of public acknowledgement of Boy’s 40th anniversary. Possible AB Tour in 2021. I’m expecting the next album no earlier than late 2021, with a new album tour in 2022.
Yes, 2019 will be another 2012... a year in which I think absolutely nothing whatsoever happened in the U2 world.

Ugh... (shudders)... 2012 for U2 fans...

2012 and 2013 I had babies at home, and it was just a crazy busy time in my life! I recall a bit of a U2 hiatus during that time. Perhaps that’s what I should do again...?

Ugh... (shudders)... 2012 for U2 fans...

2012 and 2013 I had babies at home, and it was just a crazy busy time in my life! I recall a bit of a U2 hiatus during that time. Perhaps that’s what I should do again...?

I got married that summer then had a kid the next year, so it went fairly quick for me. But I hated HTDAAB, so 2006-2009 (beach clips) felt like forever to me.

One day in the future, all that will be left are Keith Richards, cockroaches, and activity in OOC.

What Are You Doing Right Now In Your Fallout Shelter?

One day in the future, all that will be left are Keith Richards, cockroaches, and activity in OOC.

What Are You Doing Right Now In Your Fallout Shelter?

And Twinkies.

What Are You Eating Right Now?

Twinkies of course, the only food to survive the apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom