LP13 There is no album - only lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
All LP 13 Talk: Why are you even here?

The latest and lamest:

- first single is Invisible, but it's not really the first single, but its video comes out this week
- Bono and Edge claiming that they are not yet done in recent radio interviews. they have a working title, that Edge hopes will stick
- Edge says they are in the final phase. Invisible is representative of the album overall. album is "raw, guitar driven" with German Krautrock influence, CAN/Neu were cited
- Danger Mouse says he's not prepared to talk about it until the band is ready to talk about it

New thread!

According to :edge: a raw, guitar driven, possibly German or krautrock influenced album will be released "sometime" and that album has no name (yet) but he doesn't plan on getting any summer holidays because they are in the final phase of bringing it all in or together. Or something like that.

U2.com states a full length video for 'invisible' will be coming later this week. The total sum raised from the free download was $3,138, 470, and invisible is currently available on iTunes for sale and rising up the charts.

:up:

Edge being coy like everyone else. A summer release looks likely but I still think there's something a little fishy here.

I like the things in this first post. As long as everything comes out the way it's meant to (i.e. not bringing in new producers), I'm letting myself finally get excited.

Definitely had a dream last night that they surprise-released the album today. :|

Looks like there are going to be a few out there/innovative tracks on this album that will please the Achtung, Zooropa and Pop fans! :drool: Heck if it's a mix of melodic beautiful stuff and raw and guitar driven too, then I think it's going to please everyone!, plus not forgetting the RnB souly rumoured stuff.

I need the Tonight show to hurry up!

Cant wait much longer for the album
hyper.gif

I'm going to listen to daddy's gonna pay, zooropa and maybe just a little more invisible

You should have made the title "there is no album, only Zuul!"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Definitely had a dream last night that they surprise-released the album today. :|

You too? I dreamt that when coming into interference, I saw that there were 800 people viewing. Even in sleep I mumbled 'just a dream, go back to sleep' :shifty:

What makes you say this? What did I miss?

Edge said they went ‘pretty far out there’ – and referenced the kind of music that had inspired this, a mix of the punk and early electronica around when the band was young. But he then did say they were now working to reign in the self-indulgent parts of it. Which is kind of annoying – it’s the second guessing.

New thread!

According to :edge: a raw, guitar driven, possibly German or krautrock influenced album will be released "sometime" and that album has no name (yet) but he doesn't plan on getting any summer holidays because they are in the final phase of bringing it all in or together. Or something like that.

U2.com states a full length video for 'invisible' will be coming later this week. The total sum raised from the free download was $3,138, 470, and invisible is currently available on iTunes for sale and rising up the charts.

:up:

It's time to let Edge shine again...no summer holidays, so album in summer, like they plan.

Krautrock influenced is one of the most overused terms to hype new music. Still, I'm excited for it. I hope the influence isn't buried too much beneath all the U2'isms.

Sorry U2DMfan, I was only messing about old Thommy York Yorkes :D (you don't say!)

It's just my opinion based on everything we've heard up until now, and that Invisible might be a slightly safer song than maybe some of the album tracks which I think will be a little different.

I'm just going on what Edge said about the German and electronic influences, and he said something along the lines of making some pretty out there stuff which they had to reign in a bit. Have a listen back to the Jo Whiley interview

But he then did say they were now working to reign in the self-indulgent parts of it. Which is kind of annoying – it’s the second guessing.

well, we don't really know if that's what he meant.

I mean, they could have recorded a sweet 26 minute instrumental jam around a drum loop.. the fact that they're choosing to not include include it on the album doesn't mean that they're second guessing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom